Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Risky Space Vikings: Still Accepting Raiders! Turn 7  (Read 13417 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Vikings: All Players Welcome!
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2023, 09:39:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, anyone wants to go shipping?

Yes i will join you.

Quote from: Surgery Strike
These vikings swear to strike at the Military Outpost on board the Hearthcannon, the outpost being a valid and squishy target to test out this whole ship thing on.
The raid leader will receive any equipment or items recovered, excepting Cold Steel. The raid leader will not receive any Shares.

Other vikings will receive shares in proportion with the A value contributed, with Vanguard contributions counting double.
Credits are distributed according to shares. Cold Steel will be distributed by Share auction, with the winner of the auction forfeiting their wagered shares in exchange for Cold Steel.

Raid Leader reserves the right to deny passage to troops which are too weak to justify transportation. (This shouldn't be an issue for Military Outpost, more future proofing the oath.)

Vanguard
empty

Main Line (3A/4D/11H/0.2U)  6A/8D/42H/0.8U
Kaerja T-560 (1A/2D/1H)
   1 Viking Gang (2A/2D/10H/.2U)
Estrid Skull Blaster (1A/2D/1H)
 3 Viking Gang (2A/2D/10H/.2U)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2023, 10:31:30 pm »

If anyone wants Berserkers all I need is some cold steel...

Oh and a bit of credits for my time. Say 1k credits
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 11:35:35 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2023, 02:52:27 am »

Dear participants of the steady as she goes raid, today we have on offer 2 units of cold steel.
I shall open the bidding process by bidding 100 credits on both units of cold steel.
The monetary loot pile is currently 17000 credits.
(Note: I have forgotten to include terms of proper auction etiquette in the oath, but please bid in reasonable amounts, rather than just adding a credit to the previous bid.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2023, 03:08:30 am »

To avoid spamming the thread with incremental bids, may I suggest a slightly more abusable but definitrly more thread-friendly approach of declaring our max bids, and then whomever bids most, pays 10% more than the second highest bid?

Spoiler: Thorbjørn Odinsson (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2023, 03:57:14 am »

You mean a Vickrey auction? (though that does not include the 10% surcharge) I'm game. chubby2man, can we send you our bids?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2023, 04:11:07 am »

Spoiler: Aiven Aesdottir (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2023, 04:31:25 am »

chubby2man, can we send you our bids?
Alternatively, we can use cryptography: go to any site that provides AES encryption/decryption (I used this one)
Type in your bid
choose a secret key
(settings are: 256-bit key, and ECB operation)
and post the Base-64 output here.
DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST FOR ANY REASON!
Once we're both done we exchange keys.
Spoiler: here's mine (click to show/hide)

(I used to be a cryptography nerd, but I never get to use it :( )
(Ironically I edited to say not to edit)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 04:34:05 am by a1s »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2023, 04:34:10 am »

Spoiler: here's mine (click to show/hide)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2023, 05:15:19 am »

Cool! Just popping in to say yes, you may submit your bids to me.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2023, 07:38:38 am »

Sighs. Would prefer the refinery or coastal town. One for ore, and other to maybe steal a ship.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2023, 08:26:08 am »

I'd initially posited the 10% raise to counteract the drawback of it being open rather than sealed. I'm happy to do it this way, although encryption is probably a little overkill. I know it's been broken, but an MD5 hash would probably be suitable for a casual game.  Anyway, have my bid.

Spoiler: Thorbjørn's bid (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2023, 08:28:29 am »

my key is:
Code: [Select]
Daughter of the Aesir00000000000

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2023, 08:36:46 am »

And here's mine:

Code: (key) [Select]
Sixteen for 128.
Code: (Bid Plaintext) [Select]
Max bid for Cold Steel 1 = 800 Cr
Max bid for Cold Steel 2 = 1200 Cr

Looks like we both had the same idea. You win both for 2000 Cr.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2023, 08:51:45 am »

For those watching at home, my bid was:
Code: (bid plaintext) [Select]
I bid 1173 credits on one piece of Cold Steel and 2034 on the second piece
Also, you're right, a hash would have sufficed.

There are now 18800 credits in the monetary loot pile and 46 shares. That works out to 408cr per share. 6528cr for Thorbjørn Odinsson and 12272 for Aiven Aesdottir (-2k I owe the pile that comes to 10272). It has been a pleasure raiding with your men.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2023, 09:15:13 am »

Buy 10 Viking Gangs for 10'000cr.
Also 200cr go to Kaerja T-560.
The Aiven Shows You How It Is Done Raid.
These Vikings swear to the undertaking of the raid of Port Iscariot.
Mainline units will receive 1 share per (A)ttack contribution. Vanguard units will receive 2 shares per (A)ttack contribution.
Special loot will be auctioned off using a Vickrey Auction among champions for notional money, which will be added to monetary loot. Champions will then receive a portion of the monetary loot equal to the proportion of their shares. If at the end of the turn a champion is unable to settle with the loot pile (e.g.: because they overbid on special loot) they are denied any loot, beyond upkeep, and the auction happens again next turn without them. Any remainder credits that can't be evenly divided are given to the raid leader.

Vanguard: 27A/28D/131H/2.6U
- (raid leader) Aiven Aesdottir (1A/2D/1H)
 her 13 Viking Gangs (26A/26D/130H/2.6U) (54 shares)

Mainline:
None

Spoiler: Aiven Aesdottir (click to show/hide)

finally, Thorbjørn/Kashyyk, I would like a set of Cold Steel Armor. It might not bring me additional shares, but it will let me lead the boys better/safer and that's enough for me.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 09:24:07 am by a1s »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22