Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Risky Space Vikings: Still Accepting Raiders! Turn 7  (Read 13410 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Vikings: All Players Welcome!
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2023, 03:36:24 pm »

a1s, I can offer you one viking gang for the raid for 200 credits, and an additional 800 if they die.
Deal!

Quote from: Gang hire contract 2
Kaerja T-560 transfers the command of a Viking Gang to Aiven Aesdottir for 1 turn, in exchange for 200 credits upon the completion of the raid. If the squad dies, Aiven Aesdottir agrees to pay an additional 800 credits.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2023, 03:51:43 pm »

The Steady as She Goes Raid.
These Vikings swear to the undertaking of the raid of Mining Camps.
Mainline units will receive 1 share per A(ttack) contribution. Vanguard units will receive 2 shares per A(ttack) contribution.
Special loot will be auctioned off among champions for notional* money, which will be added to monetary loot. Vanguard champions will then receive a portion of the monetary loot equal to the proportion of their shares. If at the end of the turn a champion is unable to settle with the loot pile (e.g.: because they overbid on special loot) they are denied any loot, beyond upkeep, and the auction happens again next turn without them**. Any remainder credits that can't be evenly divided is given to the raid leader.

Vanguard: 23A/24D/111H/2.2U
- (raid leader) Aiven Aesdottir (1A/2D/1H)
 her 6 Viking Gangs (12A/12D/60H/1.2U)
 1 Viking Gang on loan from Kaerja T-560 (2A/2D/10H/0.2U) (30 shares)
 and Thorbjørn Odinsson's 4 Viking Gangs (8A/8D/40H/0.8U) (16 shares)

Mainline:
None

(*) This just means you may bid more money than you have on hand.
(**) This will inconvenience everyone, thus the harsh sentence.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2023, 11:52:20 am »

24ish hour warning! Let me know if you would like more time, no problem with that.

There are worried murmurs among the raiders of The Great Big Stonking Raid on Iscariot that they do not have enough men to storm the town with their 300 strong garrison.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2023, 12:33:39 pm »

Mucho defence = mucho loot

Come join us in the great stonking raid

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2023, 12:34:10 pm »

busy

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2023, 12:59:48 pm »

New raid proposal:
We raid the Steady As She Goes Raid, carry off all the warriors, and force them to raid Iscariot.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2023, 01:21:43 pm »

Can we do that? Abandon raids after we've sword to them?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2023, 01:28:28 pm »

Can we do that? Abandon raids after we've sword to them?

Yes, you may switch. I would just request you repost the old Raid Oath with its new (lesser probably) strength alongside the new one so I can keep track.

As of now no prestige penalty, your warriors want to follow you on the best raid possible, they aren’t going to be upset to switch to a “better” raid.

New raid proposal:
We raid the Steady As She Goes Raid, carry off all the warriors, and force them to raid Iscariot.

Invalid raid target, rejected :p
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2023, 01:35:59 pm »

Tric's warriors are going on a suicide mission (51 vikings against 160 militias) he should def switch.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2023, 01:47:16 pm »

Were does it say 160? I've got little clue what those symbols mean, but assume Attack, Defense, HP, and Upkeep. They may die but it is a sacrifice I am willing to make for some hard cold steel. Seriously, I did do math and checked the previous mine raid numbers, and don't appreciate being worried over a already calculated risk. ("Man I am bad at math" meme.)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2023, 01:52:17 pm »

Conversely, towns and mines have consolidated, doubling their guard.
I read this as "twice as many militias".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2023, 02:09:51 pm »

Ugh. Who ever heard of a government that is fast.

No action. Others are not going since I can't get Cold Steel.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2023, 04:17:34 pm »

Will just add that the general Raid targets have a range of number of guards/plunder value. The larger the raid generally the higher on the scale it goes, but there is a semi-random element to it as well.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2023, 08:14:39 pm »

Turn 2
Quote from: The Great Big Stonking Raid on Iscariot
Vikings 39A/42D/183H/3.6U vs 25 militia and 5 soldiers, total (35A/65D/300H)

With the first wisps of the sun breaking through the dawn chill, the warriors of the Great Big Stonking Raid begin their charge, only to be met by concentrated laser fire. The outer edge of the city was overwhelmed, the raiders cutting through the first line of defenders, but they fortfied their positions too well and overwhelmed the raiders with sheer numbers. Pressed back, the surviving warriors have no choice but to flee.

In the fighting Ericson slew 6, Axel 3, and Estrid engulfed another 6 with her inferno pistol.

Raid fails, garrison loses 6 units of militia
Casualties: Ericsson loses 3 Viking Gangs
Axel loses 3 Viking gangs
Estrid loses 2 Viking gangs

Quote from: Steady as She Goes
Vikings 23A/24D/111H/2.2U Vs 15 militia (15A/30D/ 150 H)

The mining companies hired more guards and armed their overseers to protect their consolidated operations, but that proved to be insufficient in the face of the determined Viking assault. A brutal brawl ensued, in which Aiven tore through 10 enemies with her modified laser pick. The foe broke before the raiders, and mines (and the wealth there) were liberated!

10 kills by Aiven

Victory! Spoils 16.8 kc and 2 units of cold steel; Aiven gains 2 prestige.

Aesdottir loses 3 Viking gangs
Odinsson loses 2 Viking gangs

With the first ship built, more raiding targets have become available!

With the failed assualt on Iscariot, some of the warriors fell into a frothing rage and attacked with renewed vigor. With warriors clamoring to be in the vanguard, some have recalled the old tales of Berserkers tearing their way through enemy lines.

Berserkers unlocked!

New Tempering techniques discovered! Increased bonus for Cold Steel Weapons and Armor (Applies to already created gear as well.)

Targets:
Jotuun-Wide
New! Refineries:
Large refineries taking in thousands of tons of ore. As of now, lightly guarded (~10 militia). Requires ship.

New! Military Outposts: A small garrison (~5 soldiers) guards the scanning equipment and other valuable gear the Republic has stashed away. Requires ship.

New! Coastal Ports: Recipients of the great barges from the north, guarded by sleepy constables. (~15 militia.) Requires Ship.

Local-
Mining Camps
  The largest of the nearby mines where many of your fellow Jotuun's are forced to labor. Increased defenses (~15 militia), might be a good source of Cold Steel.

Trading Towns Small towns on guard against raids (~15 militia). Collects the resources of the region and sends them to the larger ports south.

Unique Target- Port Iscariot: Guard of 21 militia and 5 soldiers. The hub of your northern continents trade network. Well guarded with a neat stockpile of goods and ships.

Additional units and bonuses added to second post on first page.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 08:53:19 pm by chubby2man »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2023, 09:17:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, anyone wants to go shipping?

Quote from: Surgery Strike
These vikings swear to strike at the Military Outpost on board the Hearthcannon, the outpost being a valid and squishy target to test out this whole ship thing on.
The raid leader will receive any equipment or items recovered, excepting Cold Steel. The raid leader will not receive any Shares.

Other vikings will receive shares in proportion with the A value contributed, with Vanguard contributions counting double.
Credits are distributed according to shares. Cold Steel will be distributed by Share auction, with the winner of the auction forfeiting their wagered shares in exchange for Cold Steel.

Raid Leader reserves the right to deny passage to troops which are too weak to justify transportation. (This shouldn't be an issue for Military Outpost, more future proofing the oath.)

Vanguard
empty

Main Line (3A/4D/11H/0.2U)
Kaerja T-560 (1A/2D/1H)
   1 Viking Gang (2A/2D/10H/.2U)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22