Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: God-Kings! -Turn 12-  (Read 13567 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God-Kings! (12/???)
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2023, 08:10:22 am »

Name: Tim
Crime: Being reborn as a god.
Vessel Type: Blood
Vessel Appearance: Red Hair and Fiery Eyes, a master of the Hawk Spirit Beast.
Vessel Attributes:
Awe - 3
Law - 1
Might - 1

Interventions:
Max Intervention Tier: Minor
- Major: 0
- Absolute: 0

Blessing/Curse Slots: 0/2
- Minor: 0
- Major: 0

"I walk among you once more, reborn through flame. You have done well, risen to the challenges you've faced."

"However, there are some who have strayed from the path. The dreaded Sun Worshippers, who cast the lands around into an eternal darkness. Even now our enemy walks among us, spreading lies and pedantry."

"I call to thee, my people, and those of the Shade. Let not the Sun stay, to cast us into darkness with it's absence. Let the two kingdoms rise anew, for ours is a Kingdom of Two. May we cast out the Cult of Eternal Day into the Dark."

Minor Blessing: Tim
Minor Curse: Cult of Eternal Day
Minor Intervention: Kill THESUN. "And I took this personally, and so went to slay the deceiver."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2023, 08:51:26 am »

But why.  :'(

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2023, 09:09:52 am »

Mostly incarnating into one of My People. Or Neetocris'. Either or.
Then immediately going on a propaganda spree.
Last bit is cause Tim won't stand for the Sun eclipsing her. She's willing to share with the Shade-King, as their people are two. But not invaders who would usurp her followers into a cult. That triggered her. ... Also murder is fun.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 09:13:03 am by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2023, 10:11:09 am »

Minor Intervention: Grant the worshippers of Revolution and Storm-Shuddering strong night-vision. (Dark-vision? All-the-time vision? Does night exist when the sun doesn’t? Eh, whatever, you get the point.)

As you can see, the sun is gone. As you can also see, we do not need the sun. At least not to see, as I’ve made sure you can see. But! But, there are a bunch of ruins here, and while they do happen to be overgrown with shroomery, that doesn’t have to be a problem for exploring them! And isn’t much of a problem besides, but that’s beside the point. The point is ruins, and the things that might be in ruins. Like ancient artifacts and the like, useful things. I want you to start looking for some to help you all out...

Minor Blessing: Bless the endeavors of the local Unlen archeologists/treasure-hunters/whatever you’d want to call them. Preferable first step: somebody draw me out of this rock. Yes I know it looks like it’ll be hard, don’t worry about that, just do it.

Quote from: GodChat
SicSemper: Seriously though what’d y’all do to make the sun explode, I don’t think that was supposed to happen yet
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 10:15:18 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2023, 10:27:08 am »

THESUN: I just tried to make stuff brighter I don't know why that happened help.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 10:28:56 am by Demonic Spoon »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2023, 10:39:10 am »

SicSemper: You kinda exploded, I don’t think there’s anything I can do to help with that
SicSemper: Maybe try brightening things to a lesser degree next time?
SicSemper: Except, well
SicSemper: Sun’s gone, so.
SicSemper: Not sure that helps either
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2023, 11:13:01 am »

But why.  :'(

"This land is the land of Homes, the more homes the merrier. So long as you stay in your home you will be protected as anyone else while in these lands, such is my blessing."

He points (well he has someone point for him) toward the barbarian invaders seeking the Sun.

"There are many faithless seeking to make their homes here. Violently, I may add. If you recruit from among them and stop their invasion you will step on neither of our toes and provide us a service. That is a compromise we can all be happy with, yes?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2023, 11:54:42 am »

Minor accounting edit. I forgot about the Daekapple Trees in worship. Taki gained a major intervention.

I will clarify the means of vessel switching sometime today.

edit: meant Deadapple... but I like the typo.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 02:19:42 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2023, 12:07:54 pm »

Other clarification regarding the Envoy.

The Envoy has 0 Awe, 3 Law, and 3 Might. A God-King may seal it for a time with a Minor Intervention (Might contest), or destroy it with a Major Intervention (no Might contest).

If sealed, the Envoy will reawaken next turn to accomplish its goal.

Amended by next post.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 02:06:02 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2023, 02:05:55 pm »

New rules

Switching Vessel
You may freely switch Vessel once per turn if you have a prepared Vessel. The eligibility criteria to be a prepared Vessel are, in order of priority:
-Created as a direct result of the God-King's Intervention, with Tier affecting priority.
-Blessed/Cursed by the God-King, with Law affecting priority.
-Worship the God-King, with Awe affecting priority.

If several God-Kings declare the same prepared Vessel, use the eligibility criteria for resolution, unless the God-Kings agree to share a prepared Vessel.
If you have no prepared vessel, you can use a vessel fulfilling one of the eligibility criteria.
If for some unfortunate reason none of the criterion are fulfilled, then it is down to luck and the GM's mood.

God-King Tiffs
Interventions may be used against other God-Kings when a little bit of action is desired.
A God-King directly targeted by a harmful Intervention is always considered to be protected by an abstract Minor Intervention for the purpose of conflict resolution, and their Might is used as usual in the process.

Interventions effect:
Minor: Harm the vessel, permanently reducing one Attribute by 1. The Attacker chooses.
Major: Kill the vessel, reducing their Attributes to 0 for the turn and forcing a reincarnation.
Absolute: Kill the God-King, removing it from the game. Freedom at last?

Do note that deicide is a serious crime, this will attract the attention of the Interlopers who don't appreciate such uncivilized behavior.

Other clarification regarding the Envoy.

The Envoy has 0 Awe, 3 Law, and 3 Might. A God-King may seal it for a time with a Minor Intervention (Might contest), or destroy it with a Major Intervention (no Might contest).

If sealed, the Envoy will reawaken next turn to accomplish its goal.

Amended by next post.
In light of the new Tiff/Harm rules, Interventions will have the following effects on the Envoy (Awe0 Law3 Might3):

Minor: Seal the Envoy for one turn, or Harm the Envoy, permanently reducing one of its Attributes by 1.
Major: Destroy the Envoy. Or alter it?...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 03:41:19 pm by Nakéen »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God-Kings! -Turn 1- (12/???)
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2023, 03:21:02 pm »

Minor Intervention: Create an alter inside the mountain (tastefully just far enough from any large settlement but also not like too difficult to get to) where one can sacrifice to receive great power from Rut Var’s blessing. The Alter of Rut-Var is a large circle of a silvery white metal set into the ground. At the center is a sacrificial pit in which the sacrifices may be tossed. In the script of the Sratii, it is written: TOSS IT DOWN RUT-VAR.

Major Blessing- The Chosen (Replacing minor curse) When one sacrifices a great amount of wealth or lives to the pit, the favor of Rut-Var grants them power, increasing the strength and size of their bodies and souls. The larger their sacrifice the more power they receive. This does give them access to some simple brute force magic based on their will, such as telekinesis or temperatures dominating the minds of followers, as well as making them just really swole. I imagine that they will become kings and/warlords. Empire may or may not plunge into civil war, Rut-Var will not mind either way.

I AM THE MOTHER MOUNTAIN.

SHOW YOUR LOVE TO ME.

I WILL RETURN IT TENFOLD.

TAKE YOUR SWORD UP.

I WILL SHOW YOU WHERE TO CUT.

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2023, 03:32:29 pm »

Spoiler: news.global.* (click to show/hide)

Minor Intervention: Force the network into every major settlement, pushing through the rock and soil to put a terminal in the town square.

Minor Blessing: Give the best and brightest the knowledge of how to address paper messages to other specific terminals.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 03:39:11 pm by sodafoutain »
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2023, 03:36:43 pm »

Spoiler: news.global.* (click to show/hide)
You should connect to the satellite network and be my vassal.

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2023, 03:40:34 pm »

You should connect to the satellite network and be my vassal.
Not happening. You think I'm going to sacrifice my signal/noise ratio just so you can advance your gameplan? This newsgroup is dedicated to providing only mortal-user-created content.

Now if I were persuaded to become my less morally bound self, alt.*, we may have had a deal.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 03:42:30 pm by sodafoutain »
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2023, 03:46:25 pm »

Ferina
Minor intervention: Give some snakes feathered wings
Minor blessing: Bless the feathered serpents

You get wings and you get wings, everyone gets wings
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 04:24:42 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her