Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 16814 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Night 1
« Reply #375 on: August 20, 2023, 02:03:32 pm »

So hector said he knows a kill was attempted. Assuming he is telling the truth the only possibility I see would be that he's knight(and his lack of response to my question would mean that it is obvious). This means that snowkiller is scum(neither I nor sofanthiel could be scum because I was guarding sofanthiel's house). However, I doubt that since MS wanted to lynch snowkiller unless MS is third party. So we could probably learn more information by lynching hector even if he's not the most suspicious(TricMagic).

On second thought, if we're lynching you today your info is actually really valuable. OK. I protected someone last night.
So does that mean that you're also guard or is there another role that allows people to protect others?
You think Snowkiller is almost certainly scum but you'd rather lynch Hector and you think TricMagic is more suspicious? What?
Looking back on it now, lynching hector is probably a bad decision. However, my main reason for voting out hector is to see whether or not he is telling the truth about being knight. This would confirm that there was an attack on night 1. Also, I just realized that lynching hector can't actually confirm or deny snowkiller being scum(since it is just as likely that 2 veterans are scum). So let's vote TricMagic since sacrificing 1 probably townie life for the sake of information is probably a bad idea.
You seem a little desperate to back away from Hector here. TricMagic could obviously also be a townie and will provide less information if lynched; how would lynching him be advantageous?
My reason for lynching TricMagic is that they seem more suspicious than hector since I could vaguely recall Tric and MS voting the same player. Another reason is that if hector is actually scum then why would they lie about being attacked? The one possible explanation I could think of is that the protection you made prevented hector from killing anyone.
she/her

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 20, 2023, 02:04:59 pm »

Why does Tric make more sense than Snowkiller to you Toony?
It doesn't.

I've given it some thought after Elephant talked about Tric and I think Tric is still very town.

I also think you're probably town because otherwise you decided to no-kill which seems crazy to me. Unless you tried to kill Elephant's target. I think Crystal would have died if you tried to kill Sofanthiel and they're being truthful.

So Snowkiller does make the most sense here. In a lame POE way.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 20, 2023, 02:06:55 pm »

Another reason is that if hector is actually scum then why would they lie about being attacked? The one possible explanation I could think of is that the protection you made prevented hector from killing anyone.
Hector probably isn't mafia unless they tried to kill Elephant's target.

Elephant doesn't want to say who they are because they know that player is town.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 20, 2023, 02:09:15 pm »

Another reason is that if hector is actually scum then why would they lie about being attacked? The one possible explanation I could think of is that the protection you made prevented hector from killing anyone.

Elephant doesn't want to say who they are because they know that player is town.
What do you mean by this?

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 20, 2023, 02:10:58 pm »

I just want to know what the person who started the Maximum Spin train thought of their playstyle/wording to earn them a vote in the first place. That was a great D1 read.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 20, 2023, 02:16:05 pm »

TM, I think I might get your meaning, assuming you were being vague on purpose.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2023, 02:16:54 pm »

What do you mean by this?
No one died, including Crystal, therefore:

1. Mafia no-killed, this means Hector is lying and mafia.
2. Hector is telling the truth and was attacked, this means Hector is town and mafia is probably Snowkiller by POE.
3. Hector is lying and actually tried to kill Elephant's target, this means Elephant's protected town.

So to correct my logic, Elephant knows their target is town if Hector is lying.

I just want to know what the person who started the Maximum Spin train thought of their playstyle/wording to earn them a vote in the first place. That was a great D1 read.
Is this an admission of guilt?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2023, 02:18:30 pm »

Pretty sure it was Caz.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2023, 02:18:55 pm »

I can't believe I phrased it that way. Ye, that was what I meant to see
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 20, 2023, 02:19:38 pm »

Pretty sure it was Caz.
can you elaborate?
she/her

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 20, 2023, 02:20:26 pm »

I thought the collective IQ would be higher in this game. How about asking why mafia no-killed? Sure, I'm no veteran of this genre (far from it), but I'm pretty sure mafia always kills at night unless they're blocked from doing so. I really don't get why I'm seeing "ahh, there was no kill last night, therefore, x or y player is mafia." That literally makes zero sense. How about you try to see if a town role is out here blocking people, OR go through the gamut of reasons why mafia would skip? There's an idea, I'd think.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 20, 2023, 02:20:42 pm »

Pretty sure it was Caz.
I also think it was Caz, surprising no one.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 20, 2023, 02:25:07 pm »

My target was Snowkiller.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 20, 2023, 02:25:58 pm »

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 20, 2023, 02:26:10 pm »

Yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37