Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 16824 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Night 1
« Reply #345 on: August 20, 2023, 12:51:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's Tric, Hector, or both. Could also be ToonyMan but I find that less likely.

Likely scum:
  • TricMagic: Completely bonkers even compared to his usual self. His only engagement with the game was to tag-team me, MS's foremost critic, with MS; now that MS is confirmed scum, that looks really bad. MS and ToonyMan, who are familiar with him, say that this is his town self, but MS is scum and ToonyMan could be too (or just misreading him). I think that MS was coaching him to fake his town meta.
  • Hector: Posted weirdly in the back half of the day. Strange interactions with MS + shared coaching/newbie focus; kind of felt like a good cop/bad cop routine. Gets no points for voting MS because ToonyMan had already promised to do it.

Probably not scum:
  • Sofanthiel: Very strange play but not unthinkable for a newbie; fewer red flags than Hector and Tric for me. Case against Hector was extremely good relative to earlier play—I think it's their own work, but if they're scum, they could've been fed it by MS. MS had to be pushed REALLY hard to vote them over Snowkiller but there are other explanations for that (wanting a lower-information lynch, not wanting to engage with someone who was actually posting). If Hector flips town, Sofanthiel looks pretty bad.
  • ToonyMan: Quiet early D1. Gets only a tenth of a point for pledging to vote MS because Hector did it before they could. Vouched for both Tric and MS's play following their metas. Was extremely noncommittal about MS, pledging only to vote them D2, which is an eternity away (especially if MS's critics disappear in the meantime). Did not push to lynch a noob, unlike MS, which is a good sign if I'm right that the mafia is all vets. If Tric flips scum, the game doesn't end, and Hector flips town, Toony looks pretty bad.
  • Crystallizedmire: Nearly unthinkable to me outside of a MS/Hector/CM scumteam. I could see a town!Hector correctly reading a town!CM or a scum!Hector pocketing a town!CM, but I can't see a town!Hector seeing scum!CM's late-D1 posts and going 'oh yeah they gotta be town'. Their early posts are REALLY weird if they have partners but anything's possible.
  • Snowkiller: I don't know why MS would've pushed their lynch so hard if they were scum. They've given us frustratingly little to work with but that's life.
  • Caz: Revived MS's wagon at a time when nobody, not even me, was actively pushing it, which would be a completely bonkers move for scum. I don't see them being scum even on a three-person team.

I want to lynch TricMagic or Hector today. Failing that, I could see lynching sofanthiel or ToonyMan, but I think that would be a bad play. Lynching anyone else would be a mistake.

I started typing this as soon as Meph's post went up and I'm still digesting everything that's come since. I'm wary of accepting whatever info hector and CM are pushing since MS/Hector/CM is a plausible scumteam. I'm leaning slightly more toward lynching Hector now given the Snowkiller push and CM team-up; I'm not sure he's scummier than Tric, but he'd give us more information.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 20, 2023, 12:55:48 pm »

Yeah so...when I was driving home there was literally a fire two blocks from my house so I had to take a detour which meant I couldn't make a full post before day end.

I'm almost certain Caz and Elephant can't be mafia because they bussed Max super hard there.

Max could have saved himself by tying with Hector, but Max said he was going to be away for End of Day which looks genuine here since he was in fact away for day end and didn't tie the vote to save himself.

So mafia are inside Sofanthiel, Snowkiller, Crystal, Tric, and Hector.

It's probably one of the three new players, which amusingly aligns with Caz's mastermind theory.

Tric is possible but I'm not really considering.

Hector is also possible because he'd be forced to vote Max there to look like he was actually town, but it's probably not him either.

PPE:
And then Elephant blows me out of the water with his trunk of knowledge.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 20, 2023, 12:59:15 pm »

@Elephant:
I really don't think Sofanthiel or Snowkiller are mafia, so I have been thinking about Crystal the most.

I should consider Tric and Hector more.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 20, 2023, 01:01:20 pm »

Okay in order for what I know to be useful, folks needs to claim actions.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 20, 2023, 01:01:30 pm »

Okay, since I'm guard and I was guarding sofanthiel's house last night, this would mean that sofanthiel is scum(assuming that the reason no one was killed was because the scum was under house arrest)
Eurgh it’s not sofanthiel then. I know for suresies a kill attempt was made.
What does this mean?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 20, 2023, 01:02:16 pm »

If that’s not amenable generally (and why wouldn’t it be!?) actions involving me specifically need to be mentioned.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 20, 2023, 01:02:32 pm »

I have nothing worth claiming.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 20, 2023, 01:06:19 pm »

Will be a bit busy today.

Max being mafia is just... Why. Well, hope I come back to plenty of pages to inspect. Or.......... dont. Just randomly vote and somehow hit mafia ay 1.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 20, 2023, 01:06:41 pm »

@Elephant:
I really don't think Sofanthiel or Snowkiller are mafia, so I have been thinking about Crystal the most.

I should consider Tric and Hector more.
After how the day started I'm definitely considering Crystal over Sof and Snow but it really depends on how Hector flips. If Hector is town, it's probably Tric, Sof, or you.

I'm not sure I trust you enough to do that.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 20, 2023, 01:10:05 pm »

On second thought, if we're lynching you today your info is actually really valuable. OK. I protected someone last night.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 20, 2023, 01:13:48 pm »

Right well, in the mean-time, it’s not Caz because they were on Max for a while, and that seems like a ridiculous bus to me.

Probably not EP for the same reason, and Max was pushing for an EP elimination at day end.

Toony tied the vote, legitimately no reason to do that and hamstring your team for the rest of the game not knowing if there’s an inspect in the game, and I know Toony thinks they always get inspected.

Tric… I mean it could be they’re flying under my radar, but he pointed out the silence right at the end as being suspicious, which gives me good vibes.

This leaves newer players.

Max was trying to get me to go for sofanthiel over Snowkiller in my quest for newbie blood, which is why I prefer them now as number 1 choice. CM gets bumped up because Max could’ve just told them to participate to alleviate my suspicions, but I don’t think that’s the case.

PPE: it’s a 9 player game, guy. There’s either 2 scum, or 2 scum and a TP. We have one, and that leaves 3 eliminations to get the last one.

I’m not sure how the end of D1 doesn’t convince you I’m town, but whatevs, we can eliminate me to confirm I know what I know, but I’d rather not reveal it without knowing some other thing. /obtuse

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 20, 2023, 01:14:22 pm »

So hector said he knows a kill was attempted. Assuming he is telling the truth the only possibility I see would be that he's knight(and his lack of response to my question would mean that it is obvious). This means that snowkiller is scum(neither I nor sofanthiel could be scum because I was guarding sofanthiel's house). However, I doubt that since MS wanted to lynch snowkiller unless MS is third party. So we could probably learn more information by lynching hector even if he's not the most suspicious(TricMagic).

On second thought, if we're lynching you today your info is actually really valuable. OK. I protected someone last night.
So does that mean that you're also guard or is there another role that allows people to protect others?
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 20, 2023, 01:14:56 pm »

I'm not going to answer any questions on this subject unless it's absolutely necessary, sorry.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 20, 2023, 01:16:56 pm »

But can you at least tell us who you protected?
she/her

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 20, 2023, 01:17:33 pm »

Well CM is suddenly Columbo so whatever.

Yeah, knight, kill immune, I was targeted. Killer knows this, unless something else influenced their action, for example, a redirect. Could’ve got some extra use out of that but eff you guys.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37