Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 17045 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancestor's Blessings
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2023, 06:26:22 pm »

Uh… we only have 9 players Tric.
I've apparently misremembered cause I signed up because we would have 11 people.
Take a day off everything then. Not as great, but less chance of 3 mafia anyway. (I was assuming 2.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2023, 06:29:40 pm »

Using your first two posts to (1) address a systems argument from two pages ago that other people have already gone over and (2) ask an RVS-level question of someone already under heavy grilling is a really bad look, TricMagic.
Ya know, you can vote me in red, there are no hammers. Go ahead. See what happens.

This is a good start.

Why am I suspicious? You won’t get anybody to go along with you if you can’t justify it.

Do you think there’s anyone you can trust right now?
Honestly, it's probably because of my first impression of you. You start the game by voting against Elephant Parade before anybody has posted so naturally you're a bit suspicious.
I don't think I trust anyone all that much.
Do you find him more or less suspicious than you did at the time of his first post? Why?
I do find hector less suspicious than starting out since I'm starting to think this is what he does every game(I haven't seen nor read any mafia games he's played in so far) but I still find him quite suspicious.
I'm changing my vote of hector to hector. Probably not a smart decision but he seems a lot less suspicious.
Hmm.. Normally it's Unvote to remove your vote. On a scale of 0-10, how much do you turst me Crystalizedmire?
I absolutely do not trust you at all TricMagic
This one is much better. A willingness to vote and use your power as town is a good sign. Elephant Parade, you're too passive. Your response is waffling on the fence looking to follow the lead of others. Not a good look. (Also, I completely skipped RVS, I might not have posted but I have read this game, as a quote from pages ago can atest.)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2023, 06:33:30 pm »

Psst.

Remember to say why so we can lynch him.
I very much doubt that he is a new player since Toonyman played with TricMagic recently. Another reason is this:
(1) address a systems argument from two pages ago that other people have already gone over
Also, he voted against me even though I already admitted I have (1) very little experience with this genre of game and (2) hadn't read any of the mafia games on this forum(I'll get to it later)
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2023, 06:40:41 pm »

Wait, is this usual behaviour from TricMagic or is he trying to get killed on purpose?
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2023, 06:44:23 pm »

Ya know, you can vote me in red, there are no hammers. Go ahead. See what happens.

This one is much better. A willingness to vote and use your power as town is a good sign. Elephant Parade, you're too passive. Your response is waffling on the fence looking to follow the lead of others. Not a good look. (Also, I completely skipped RVS, I might not have posted but I have read this game, as a quote from pages ago can atest.)
I could've voted you, yes! However, I chose not to. Why? Can you solve this mystery? The answer may lie on Page 7... Choosing not to shift my vote away from a player who hasn't been on to answer my question doesn't constitute passive play.

Skipping RVS doesn't give you license to conduct your own personal RVS a day before the deadline, nor does it make your choice of target any less strange to me. Let me put it to you straight: what was the purpose of that vote and question?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2023, 06:49:59 pm »

Wait, is this usual behaviour from TricMagic or is he trying to get killed on purpose?

I mean yeah but Tric is a weird player. His meta is thus: if you think he’s scum he’s probably town, and if you think he’s town he’s probably scum.

He has been the least active player so far though, so keep going. Good learning experience in pushing someone.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2023, 06:55:07 pm »

Tilts head. That's not really removing suspicion..

Yeah, that post isn't a good one. It's too suspisous. Why are you trying to draw away fire? You should be inflaming, digging into the heart of a poster to determine their alignment. Not this passive-deflective act.

To asnwer Crystalize's question, I got more out of that one vote than a page of RVS stuff. Maybe pages. How you react can say a lot about your alignment, and you were snappy about your response and fiery. Drawing attention to myself is a tactic I make use of in games. It causes people to talk, and helps me gather information. It also proves that I don't have a partner defending me, which is a usual rebuttal. If you wish to lynch me, find out who I'm partnered with.

I'll admit, this style is also rather like my Cult-style. (Be the Dragon.) I openly admitted to being a murderer, and Nakeen's clock which killed everybody bounced back and killed him, leaving me the final victor at the last second. My current role can be said to have a similar purpose.

Nin.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2023, 06:55:39 pm »

Honestly don't quite trust you Hector, call it a feeling from reading the game so far.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2023, 06:56:54 pm »

OK, I've read your post over twice and I still don't understand what you're talking about. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2023, 06:59:38 pm »

Hmph. Honestly that's more common than you think. Which reduces my chances of being lynched since that's apparently a towntell of mine. Seem to have a knack for it even as Cult or SK.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2023, 07:04:12 pm »

Honestly don't quite trust you Hector, call it a feeling from reading the game so far.

Fite meh >:(

You make a point though: if CrystallizedMire is scum, who are they partnered with?

Would it shock you to know that at this point I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and move to someone else?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2023, 07:05:11 pm »

Tilts head.
To asnwer Crystalize's question, I got more out of that one vote than a page of RVS stuff. Maybe pages. How you react can say a lot about your alignment, and you were snappy about your response and fiery.

Nin.
What do you think is my alignment, then?
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2023, 07:07:25 pm »

As noted in the post I voted the Elephant, probably town with the response you gave. It's too inflammatory to be a scum answer. they like to coordinate in their chat. I've no clue why hector made that last post, they should have been able to guess that?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2023, 07:12:00 pm »

As noted in the post I voted the Elephant, probably town with the response you gave. It's too inflammatory to be a scum answer. they like to coordinate in their chat. I've no clue why hector made that last post, they should have been able to guess that?
I have a hypothesis as to why:
Scums are thought to be more inflammatory because they have more to lose than townies since they have lower numbers.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2023, 07:22:28 pm »

Also Max, who will you be voting for once you’ve heard from Tric? Is Tric’s response going to have enough of an impact that you’re going to change your mind?
Hnnnnng. Unexpectedly, sort of.

Tric, you better plan on cleaning up all these barrels of town you've spilled all over.

Elephant Parade, when I was last in the thread, I thought you were noobtown and cryre was noobmafia. Can you pinpoint the moment this changed?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 37