Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Gladiator Tournament VIII  (Read 50037 times)

Stimraug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Gladiator Tournament VIII
« Reply #285 on: July 16, 2023, 06:38:31 am »

We noticed and resolved a technical issue that resulted in some people with winning bets receing slightly (i.e. in the single digits each) less gold than intended.
If you won your bet in Round 1 and you based your bet in Round 2 on your total (e.g. going all-in, or betting "all but <some amount>", things of that nature), please double-check your round 2 funds, and feel free to mention if you'd like to adjust your bet!

As of this round, I'm helping out with the number-crunching as regards betting, and will no longer participate in placing bets myself as a result.
Good luck, both in the tournament and at the books!

Thanks, I was wondering how it worked :D Instead of 122, I'd like to go all-in on Priest Ndrog.

mightymike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 16, 2023, 08:34:35 am »

Time for a turnaround on my luck. I’ll put my remaining 50 on Logem, in unity with my wolverine man brother. Long live the wolverine men Bub!!!!

coolguy65535

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 16, 2023, 04:18:15 pm »

betting 3 on mr t

memmet

• Bay Watcher
  • Blasphemy!
    • View Profile
    • Free Comics
« Reply #288 on: July 16, 2023, 04:39:23 pm »

The beast tracks blood out of the pit as it is wrestled back to its cell. Though it has known only dark and clammy stone all its ancient years, it battles by rote. Though ancient it is, its Novice skills betray its immemorial isolation and spiritual poverty. Though animal, it is human... though human, it is severely deficient in vitamin D.

Its dwarven captor bets 100 gold on the beast against its future, arachnid enemy!
May your beard be long and your mug full.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 16, 2023, 05:34:25 pm »

Time for a turnaround on my luck. I’ll put my remaining 50 on Logem, in unity with my wolverine man brother. Long live the wolverine men Bub!!!!

* Logem lights a stogie in memory of his fallen brother in arms *
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 16, 2023, 08:08:00 pm »

50 gold on Horof Dreadhoof
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SlitherPapi

• Bay Watcher
  • Tournament Committee
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 16, 2023, 10:17:33 pm »

Yet another question: The google sheet lists armours and their costs, does this mean that robes, dresses etc. are not eligible as they are not listed? Thanks.

Cloth clothing items are free (cost 0 points to purchase). The only conditions are that we don't allow too many layers and overlap of clothing items. So for example, something like a combination of vest + shirt + coat + robe + cape, which all cover the torso, would not be allowed. Adamantine clothing is also not allowed for this tournament.  :>

« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 10:33:17 pm by SlitherPapi »

Warzagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 18, 2023, 08:16:23 am »

Oops! Forgot to clarify my bet last round. The Committee from the Glowing Marshes will bet 120 gold on Ndrog for the next fight, grumbling over the lost profits from his last victory.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 18, 2023, 12:47:44 pm »

So sad that neither of the crossbow bats made it to round two... At least Nick put up a heroically desperate struggle to not die before dying horribly.

I didn't place any bets in round one, but now I'd like to put 60 gold on Zeps because of his impressive performance and the fact I like rats almost as much as I like bats.

dr00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 18, 2023, 03:24:41 pm »

The gremlin managing Ine sneaks up to the bettor's board and places 50 on Ine. 

Nekkowe

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm using tilt controls!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #295 on: July 18, 2023, 03:50:01 pm »

Oops! Forgot to clarify my bet last round. The Committee from the Glowing Marshes will bet 120 gold on Ndrog for the next fight, grumbling over the lost profits from his last victory.
Betting funds are not gained between rounds like points are, so you still only have your 100 starting gold. How much of that would you like to bet on Ndrog?

Merrygin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 18, 2023, 04:00:07 pm »

Sweetteeth stretches and wriggles through the mess of guts and bits of bat-face left on the arena ground as the crowd's hollers and hoots steadily fade into more of a disgusted rumbling and shooing. It seems almost as if Sweety gnawed and slurped his way entirely through the midsection of poor Nick, although it's really hard to tell for certain at this point. Only sure thing is that the Leech Man is enjoying himself. After what felt like minutes of embarrassed silence, only broken by the occasional gasping of the crowds, the drunken cheers of Sweetteeths entourage, and of course by his own gulps and slurps, he finally emerges visibly satisfied out of the hematite-colored pile in the middle of the arena: his "face" - for lack of better term - now framed by the fine silk of his opponents trousers he apparently squirmed into in his gluttonous frenzy, now hanging in tatters over Sweety's shoulders.
Sweety's mouthhole, shining wetly in the light of the torches surrounding the fighting pit, opens and closes rythmically to the beat of his entourage's clapping. "*Slurp-gurgle* This *suck-plop* was *rasp* satisfying" he squeezes out of some part of his bat-blood-swollen body.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 11:21:41 am by Merrygin »
AKUR AKIR AKAM

Warzagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 18, 2023, 06:11:21 pm »

In that case, I'll bet all of my 100 gold on Ndrog! Thanks kindly for the clarification.

Rendentare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 18, 2023, 07:11:10 pm »

I have a good feeling.  75 GOLD on Skitterleap.

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 19, 2023, 03:00:43 am »

Another 80 gold on Madame Spots please :)
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33