Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Gladiator Tournament VIII  (Read 50035 times)

DanVzare

• Escaped Lunatic
  • The Man with No Name
    • View Profile
    • Twenty Quid Amusements
Re: Dwarf Fortress Gladiator Tournament VIII
« Reply #270 on: July 15, 2023, 11:05:57 am »

Ah poor Morris Sr. At least he fought much better than his son. I suppose you couldn't expect much from such an elderly man. And at least he got one last kiss (even if it was with a skunkman, and was technically more of a bite).

One of these days someone in the Morris clan is going to make it past round 1. Or perhaps this is not only the end of The Way of the Crab, but of the Morris name itself.  :'(

Morris Sr lived how he fought. Grabby.
See you next year.

Stimraug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2023, 11:18:17 am »

Quick question: looking at Gunch Lord vs. Cupuaçu, why did Gunch Lord lose hold of their hood and dagger towards the very end? I don't understand the game mechanics behind this.

If you're talking about the combat log, that happens when a limb gets torn off. They lose hold of whatever was attached to that limb.

Yeah it's just that Cupuaçu never landed such a hit on Gunch Lord, who just drops the weapon for no reason if you read the logs.

Stimraug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 15, 2023, 11:28:39 am »

(delete this post, thx)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 11:36:22 am by Stimraug »

Stimraug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 15, 2023, 11:35:29 am »

Yet another question: The google sheet lists armours and their costs, does this mean that robes, dresses etc. are not eligible as they are not listed? Thanks.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 15, 2023, 12:07:09 pm »

Salmeuk (Nijinsky) would like to bet my remaining 20 gold on Priest Ndrog.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quick question: looking at Gunch Lord vs. Cupuaçu, why did Gunch Lord lose hold of their hood and dagger towards the very end? I don't understand the game mechanics behind this.

If you're talking about the combat log, that happens when a limb gets torn off. They lose hold of whatever was attached to that limb.

Yeah it's just that Cupuaçu never landed such a hit on Gunch Lord, who just drops the weapon for no reason if you read the logs.

if I'm interpreting the results correctly, these "loses hold" messages are displayed before the corresponding injury. So when you die in DF combat, you drop everything you are holding... then you collapse. I think.

Stimraug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 15, 2023, 12:22:45 pm »

Salmeuk (Nijinsky) would like to bet my remaining 20 gold on Priest Ndrog.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

if I'm interpreting the results correctly, these "loses hold" messages are displayed before the corresponding injury. So when you die in DF combat, you drop everything you are holding... then you collapse. I think.

That's the only thing I could think of as well.

Joqan

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Hello, i am a dwarven engineer mostly in the field
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 15, 2023, 12:26:26 pm »

Hello, i am joqan and also joqan on discord, i would like to bet 50 on ina the impala man for round two. Thanks in advance
You can dispatch large number of individuals by making reusable cage for necromancer experiments

Stimraug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 15, 2023, 01:36:19 pm »

122g on Priest Ndrog for round 2.

delight

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Values leisure time
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 15, 2023, 02:56:13 pm »

Mkhos, SlitherPapi, Tekkud - these are super fun write-ups. Thanks for doing all this!

Betting 50 on Butcher Bart for Round 2, please... I've heard good things about his meat pies.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 03:04:08 pm by delight »

PlatinumJesus

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Adept Engraver (Rusty)
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 15, 2023, 02:59:58 pm »

ahhh, darn, poor Beardbeard got a bit more than a close shave. the natural enemy of the beard is slicing, after all!

putting my remaining 1 gold on The Silent Slicer, in support of her INCREDIBLE VIOLENCE

BecauseISaid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 15, 2023, 05:09:33 pm »

A great first round, hopefully I can keep a streak going. I'll bet 50 gold on Ine for round 2

Nekkowe

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm using tilt controls!
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #281 on: July 15, 2023, 06:22:28 pm »

We noticed and resolved a technical issue that resulted in some people with winning bets receing slightly (i.e. in the single digits each) less gold than intended.
If you won your bet in Round 1 and you based your bet in Round 2 on your total (e.g. going all-in, or betting "all but <some amount>", things of that nature), please double-check your round 2 funds, and feel free to mention if you'd like to adjust your bet!

As of this round, I'm helping out with the number-crunching as regards betting, and will no longer participate in placing bets myself as a result.
Good luck, both in the tournament and at the books!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 06:24:12 pm by Nekkowe »

Lemon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 15, 2023, 07:08:02 pm »

I would like to bet 57 of gold on the Slappybara

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 16, 2023, 02:58:38 am »

We noticed and resolved a technical issue that resulted in some people with winning bets receing slightly (i.e. in the single digits each) less gold than intended.
If you won your bet in Round 1 and you based your bet in Round 2 on your total (e.g. going all-in, or betting "all but <some amount>", things of that nature), please double-check your round 2 funds, and feel free to mention if you'd like to adjust your bet!

As of this round, I'm helping out with the number-crunching as regards betting, and will no longer participate in placing bets myself as a result.
Good luck, both in the tournament and at the books!

Noted, I'll keep the bet I placed. Having a couple gold in reserve isn't a bad idea.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 16, 2023, 05:03:44 am »

Only one wolverine man left standing, bub.

Also… I don’t think I’ve ever seen ranged gladiators being so successful before. We even have a ranged vs ranged face off in round 2. How interesting!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33