Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Mages of Mass Destruction! RTD edition [Full,Turn 4]  (Read 5966 times)

SCREE

• Bay Watcher
  • Delicious Friend
    • View Profile
Mages of Mass Destruction! RTD edition [Full,Turn 4]
« on: June 16, 2023, 07:24:31 pm »

~MAGES OF MASS DESTRUCTION~
╚═━━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━━═╝

Greetings Alumni!

Congratulations on graduating from the Magical Academy.

We would like to remind all graduates that attempting to run away from repaying the astronomically exorbitant student loans is not feasible. We will find you on any plane.

Following the hasty closure of the legitimate Demonic Indentured Servitude Upliftment Initiative, we would like to offer a select few graduates the opportunity to clear all debts through our Artefact Quality Control program.

Despite rumours to the contrary, this scheme is perfectly safe! No world ending artefacts have been created, as far as you know.
Once you have signed this liability waiver in your blood, please review the details of your assignment:

• You are required to test and document all 300 wands of magic missile assigned to you. Each wand has a happy little quirk which must be discovered and documented. Please note: These wands are considered Academy property. Any damages acquired during the duration of the assignment will be chargeable.
  • The Worldspanning Labyrinth  X-BETA-Y02K63 in the material plane has been reviewed to be an adequate testing ground for aspiring Arcane Masters! While taming the Labyrinth and defeating the Undead Overlord is not a requirement and graduates are free to do as they wish, please be informed starvation due to loss of funds is not recognised as an extenuating circumstance and unnecessary deaths will result in penalty charges. Adventuring has always been considered a lucrative time honored tradition that is perfectly safe for any capable spellcaster.
  • In recognition of your [MILDLY ACCEPTABLE] performance in prior years, you have automatically been enrolled in our cloning program! Yippee for you!
  • Our welcome package, Carl, awaits your arrival on the material plane with some nifty little life saving supplies.
Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life, aspirant! We are always watching and we will be in touch.

About:
  • This is a lighthearted D&D- inspired game set in a generic fantasy setting. It is based on "Commoners Curse of 300 Wands" except set in an infinite world-encompassing labyrinth as a RTD.
  • There is randomness, eldritch mutation and character death. Try not to spend all your clones at once.
  • Characters start as Level 1 Human wizards with no spells and no prospects. What you do in the endless labyrinth is down to you.
  • In order to level up, loot must be acquired and returned to civilisation, and evil labyrinth monsters must be dealt with. Mechanics will be explained as needed as we progress.
  • Please keep track of your own inventories.
About Wands:
  • You collectively share 300 Wands of Magic Missile that are currently in the cart's Inventory, stored in various crates.
  • Each wand has 6 charges. Charges regenerate at Sunrise.
  • Each wand has a unique quirk that could be harmless, dangerous, beneficial, detrimental, or just plain strange, based on a 10,000 entry table. At worst, you could blow up the sun and destroy the universe as we know it. Bad Wizard! To the Cone with you!
Post your Character to join:
Fill in the blanks in squared brackets  [] like it's a fun paint by numbers:
Code: [Select]
My name is []. I am [X] years old. I look like [...].
>I am [strongman/very smart/cooler then you/as bland as boiled cabbage/an actual anime protagonist/human garbage the gods hath forsaken/input short flavorful descriptor here]
>At the Academy I majored in [pick a non combat area of interest. Can be non magical. Choose wisely.]
>My favourite extracurricular activity was [].
>I have 20 gold.
>I have 5 clones.
>My goals are... [optional, you may leave this section blank]
[Spoiler=Name's Inventory 20 / 20 slots open] Inventory:
20 Gold
5 Clones
Robes
Fragile Bastion Gem 1/1: 20 minute charge time. A small blue diamond shaped object that fits in the palm of your hand. Spend a charge to teleport yourself to the location of another Magical Academy Alumni. That's all it does. Do not be concerned by your Bastion Gem. Disclaimer: not suitable for children under 3. Do not consume.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 07:41:18 am by SCREE »

SCREE

• Bay Watcher
  • Delicious Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Mages of Mass Destruction! RTD edition [Open! Turn 0]
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 07:25:09 pm »

Reserved for lore or a happy little picnic

Spoiler: Dr Unpleasant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mark (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bouldy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Terra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Human (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Connie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Name (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Haldus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 05:16:07 am by SCREE »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 01:37:09 am »

My name is Dr. Unpleasant. I am 48 years old. I look like a balding man with a mustache.
>I am human garbage the gods hath forsaken.
>At the Academy I majored in Creature Creation.
>My favourite extracurricular activity was making small creatures and force them to fight while people placed bets.
>I have 20 gold.
>I have 5 clones.
>My goals are... create an army of creatures to use to kill my enemies.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 09:45:49 am »

Hey SCREE my friend mi amigo I will join you on this lovely little venture.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2023, 06:02:09 pm »

My name is Mark. I am 35 years old. I look like a mildly-pale human male, approx 5'10", no major scars, no tattoos, blocky build, subpar but not completely unreasonable hygiene, a non-expressive face, and dead-like-eyes with the dark rings of sleep deprivation around them.
>I am tired. I'm always tired. I hate dealing with people. I hate how people just assume they know what I want all the time without actually asking me. I hate being left behind because people assume that I didn't want to go. I hate being dragged around when people assume that I do want to go. Why is it so hard to just ask? And it isn't even just me. I hate seeing people do stuff like this to other people. I hate when people just assume they know what the others around them are going to say, and why. I see people attacking each other for wanting and thinking things they don't actually want. It's so dumb, and I hate it. I hate people. And I'm not really any better either. I hate me too. I hate my face. I hate my build. I hate my height. I hate my voice. I even hate the sound of my own name sometimes. I miss being shorter. I wish I looked like someone worth looking at to myself. I hate my hatred too. I'm so tired of being angry all the time. It's better to be mad than sad, but I'm mad at always being mad. If only I were better at my major, I might have actually managed to do something about it. But no, I suck too much. Doesn't matter how much I study the theory, or how important it is to me personally, or how hard I work to try to figure this stuff out despite how unnatural it feels and confusing it is, if at the end of the day I can't put it into practice then who cares.
>At the Academy I majored in Transformations.
>My favourite extracurricular activity was listening to music.
>I have 20 gold.
>I have 5 clones.
>My goals are to learn how to change myself into someone that I actually like. To be someone I don't hate. To actually find some meaning and value in being.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 09:54:19 pm »

My name is Bouldy. Me am very old. I look like big man shape rock, with big muscles if rock has muscles.
>I am a (semi) sentient human man with hardened rock-like skin (tldr: human experiment gone wrong) given intelligence from a great arch magi, but was a test for the real deal which was another golem with a job guarding said arch magus' lair. Was sent to Academy as free labor.
>At the Academy I majored in nothing, but me want major in magic!
>My favourite extracurricular activity was staring at the wall, try to make friends with other peepo at Academy.
>I have 20 gold.
>I have 5 clones.
>My goals are...make many friends! And learn lot of magics!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 05:05:14 pm by Horizon »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2023, 10:01:27 pm »

>I am a (semi) sentient rock golem
Not to be a spoilsport but:
Quote from: OP
Characters start as Level 1 Human wizards with no spells and no prospects.
I like your idea quite a bit though!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2023, 03:09:19 pm »

My name is Terra! I am 19 years old. I look like a girl, I guess?
>I am very happy to be here! I'm looking forwards sooooo much to working with you all!
>At the Academy I majored in conjuration.
>My favorite extracurricular activity was partying!
>I have 20 gold.
>I have 5 clones.
>My goals are reducing everything which stands in my way to a soup-like homogenate, but mostly to have fun!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2023, 03:21:48 pm »

My name is Human. I am 20 years old. I look like a Dwarf with no beard.
>I am as bland as boiled cabbage
>At the Academy I majored in Charms
>My favourite extracurricular activity was sobbing over the lack of a beard.
>I have 20 gold.
>I have 5 clones.
>My goals are to grow a new beard

SCREE

• Bay Watcher
  • Delicious Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2023, 04:49:47 pm »

Turn 0: Morning Day 1

You are bathed in the blue light of teleportation as your Bastion Gem glows. You find yourself standing in a ramshackled fishing town by a great lake. A sunkissed old stick of a man is startled by your sudden arrival. Around you, other graduates you are mildly acquainted with materialise. A quick glance suggests a few other points of interest: a falling down inn, a man by a rowboat, a strategically placed Quest Board. The town stretches on before you, and beyond, the sheer sandstone walls of the labyrinth encase it.

Beside you, a mule snorts. At least, you assume it is a mule. It is a stout, broad creature of humorously small stature with a bulbous head atop unnervingly rippling neck muscles. It observes you with uncaring, equally bulbous eyes. A nauseating brightly coloured neckerchief, embroidered in cheerful script, proclaims it to be Carl - Quality Control Officer. Carl is sorely displeased.

Attached to Carl is a large cart, stocked with several crates. You consider some of these might contain the wands, and others, the supplies you were promised to receive.

At some point, the old man started talking at you. He says you are in PortPort. It is relatively peaceful within the town, but they are set upon by danger on all sides. South far across the lake is another town called Big Church. There are other towns beyond this one, but PortPort is currently cut off from them by road, because of the danger and all. You are not sure why he is telling you any of this. He shoots you a gummy smile.

Your location is currently PortPort.
>PortPort - Safe?: Carl, Cart, Old Man, fellow goofy graduates, ramshackled inn, man with a rowboat, questing board, ? ? ? ? ?  (Probably civilisation stuff)
> North: Forest, ? ? ? ? ?
> East:  Lakeshore, ? ? ? ? ?
> South: Big Lake --> Big Church?
> West: Lakeshore, ? ? ? ? ?

Mechanics
Please Bold any RTD action.

You can always explore to find new areas in your current location. You can also do anything you want. The world will respond to your actions.

If you wish to leave your current map, you can always travel North, South, East or West in the labyrinth. The exceptions are: if you are in a structure, if you are underground, or if you are in a dungeon. Places that are Mythic, Wonderful, Weird or Wylde may follow different rules. Changing maps won't count as an RTD roll, though you may sometimes get lost in unfamiliar or wilderness areas.

Using a Wand will always succeed in firing, so long as it is targeting a sentient creature.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 04:52:05 pm by SCREE »

SCREE

• Bay Watcher
  • Delicious Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2023, 04:55:48 pm »

Human, Terra, Mark and Dr. Unpleasant accepted!

Bouldy just needs some work to get ready, but I'll hold off on posting Turn 1

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2023, 04:57:29 pm »

Look at Questing Board for QUESTS

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2023, 05:02:54 pm »

Human, Terra, Mark and Dr. Unpleasant accepted!

Bouldy just needs some work to get ready, but I'll hold off on posting Turn 1
I fixed Bouldy *shakes fist*

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2023, 05:06:38 pm »

My name is Connie. I am 18 years old. I look like a young man covered in gunpowder stains.
>I am extremely focused... on one thing, and not much else.
>At the Academy I majored in Decorative Evocations... Listen, there's a market for it, ok!?
>My favourite extracurricular activity was the pyrotechnics club!
>I have 20 gold.
>I have 5 clones.
>My goal is to create the greatest spectacle ever seen.

Don't suppose it's too late to join in?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2023, 05:08:44 pm »

"Huh. This place doesn't seem like much for parties. Oh well, maybe we'll find a more hip town?"

Search the town for someplace where one may purchase psychoactive substances.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6