Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!  (Read 18887 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2023, 10:52:56 am »

I warned you about sacrifices dawg!!!! A

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2023, 10:56:09 am »

The gods will provide, Colossal Convoy.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2023, 01:08:38 pm »

You order that the raises be kept higher for another year.

508 AD, Spring

A curious, and potentially terrible, discovery was made by some of the artisans who were working on the walls of the basement where your palace's provisions are kept.

Having torn down a clay wall with intent to replace it with masoned stone, they were startled to find a marked runestone-door that warns those that approach it that a funerary barrow is behind it. Understandably, the craftsmen got deadly afraid and refuse to even come close to the staircase leading into the basement.

"This barrow must be old, very old." The Advisor says, stroking his beard. "This castle was build by the kings who ruled before Tyrant, and their dynasty lasted for eight generations. For their workers to dig into the soil without knowing a barrow is there, it must precede that dynasty by several hundred years."

"What shall we do about this barrow?"

"When one finds funerary barrow on their lot, they sacrifice to the dead entombed there and do not continue their work. However, having a barrow underneath the castle poses a myriad of problems, workers being spooked the least of it."

A) "Have the workers postpone work until we have sufficient funds."
B) "Nonsense, forgotten dead are dead without power! The barrow can be opened, cleared, filled with soil and walled afterwards!"
C) "Just find someone to replace the wall without bothering the dead."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2023, 01:13:18 pm »

B smells like a happiness penalty and possible disaster in the making. C seems safer but possibly still expensive/risky. Let's go A.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2023, 01:39:17 pm »

A I vaguely remember there being similar events in past games, which ended up with cool, ?but cursed?, stuff inside. However, with how we've played Cyrus so far, I don't think he's the type of dude to disrespect a tomb. So my vote goes for postponing work and waiting until we have enough money for more sacrifices!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2023, 01:42:08 pm »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2023, 12:34:55 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 21, 2023, 10:47:41 am »

You order the barrow to be walled back with clay and the whole matter postponed until you have money.

508 AD, Mid-Spring

Which might be earlier than you expect.

The newest report from Rycht has King Herykk conclude a treaty with the Livonis for some years of tribute and oath of peace between the two. Your commanders in Rycht are not sure the exact time but they believe they will be back in Autumn or Winter, at the latest.

508 AD, Summer

When the Treasurer chimes in about the lumber-selling profits, you reconvene with the Advisor.

"Well, clearly we have funds now, and with good timing too. Servants and wine-bearers heading into the basement where the barrow is located report feeling dread and sickness upon them until they leave the room. We ought to do something, and fast."

A) "Paranoia and supersition, this. Open the barrow, clear it out, and then fill it with earth and wall it in!"
B) "We have enough money to abandon this cellar and dig out another. Have the artisans do just that!"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2023, 11:30:39 am »

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2023, 01:18:47 pm »

B Let sleeping kings lie. So that one of our less pious, and possibly dumber, descendants can find it and pillage it to their hearts content... until King Oldkingman III's curse gives them a heart attack or something
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 21, 2023, 02:28:14 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2023, 02:37:23 pm »

You order the servants to empty the basement and for artisans to fill it with earth and then bury the entrance. The Advisor makes few warning scrolls and places it about the castle library and offices for the future as precaution.

508 AD, Midsummer

The final report from your commanders in Rycht has arrived; they're on the move, released by King Herykk from their obligations and compensated well for their services. They're bringing money for your coffers and personal letter of thanks from your father-in-law. They expect to return somewhere around Mid-Autumn.

508 AD, Autumn

The harvest this year has been quite plentiful - and it has not ended yet. Granaries both royal and private are filled with grains and vegetables, and people clamor that part of these bounties of the fields be sacrificed for a great festival.

"We have no money, however." Says the Advisor, making the Treasurer cough.

"We could force selling of the excess foods to merchants, thus getting some money." The Advisor grimaces at that.

"Taking people's food to turn into money would furrow some brows in anger." The Treasurer rolls his eyes.

"Money, though." The Advisor grits his teeth.

"Happiness, though." You sigh and contemplate this dilemma...

A) "Happiness is more important. Let them have the excess."
B) "Money is more important. Seize excess food and sell it."
SigFlags!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2023, 02:41:52 pm »

A
I imagine that the happiness of those peasants aren't too high at the moment

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2023, 03:09:58 pm »

A

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2023, 04:34:51 pm »

A
I imagine that the happiness of those peasants aren't too high at the moment
It was 5 last we saw and overtaxation was probably a -1. This is probably a -1, maybe a -2 at most, unless there's some extra penalty for pissing them off twice in a row. Also, we have no money. B
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26