Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!  (Read 18882 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!
« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2023, 05:04:22 pm »

A The gods will provide.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2023, 06:22:27 pm »

The gods had better provide some cold hard cash or we're going to have to sell our crown

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2023, 02:52:08 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2023, 09:35:59 am »

You decide that people's happiness and full stomaches are more important than your Treasury. The Advisor rejoices, the Treasurer does not.

508 AD, Mid-Autumn

You soldiers have return in nearly full complement, with only a dozen unlucky ones having fallen to disease or elements in Rycht. They bring enough money to fill your abyssmally empty Treasury to some degree. The letter of thanks is written in flowery terms, and you wonder if your father-in-law had a poet write it.

508 AD, Late Autumn

Your youngest son, Vati, has perished of fever a few days ago. Your wife has been bawling her eyes since then and you feel a terrible pit in your stomach that will take months if not years to fill.

But such is life: oft fragile and short.

508 AD, Winter

It has taken a year to replace the old stones and put in new ones and clear up the ground and adjust the monoliths, but the Great Stone Circle is complete.

On a chilly, but sunny, day, the Archdruid leads a procession of horn-players and chanting, nubile women in a circle around the Circle, with you in attendance as the honored sponsor. The stones look as majestic as they are foreboding. No matter where you go, the sun is obscured and its sunlight causes the otherwise ordinary grey rock look like blackest of pitch. The stone gates and columns play tricks on your eyes and you cannot fathom how many circles are there - five, or nine, or thirteen?

The Archdruid concludes the ceremony in the evening, right before the sunset; it is then that a young goat is cut open upon the altar whilst still alive and bleating for mercy. Its blood and innards are left sacrificed on the dark slab, while the remainder of the animal is roasted and each of the attendees, including you, eats a thumb-sized piece of its meat. It was sweet, crumbly and you wish you could gorge yourself upon more of it.

When the night comes, the Archdruid leads you out of the circle in the same spin, accompanied by wolves, owls, and some less natural beings howling, booing and shrieking amidst the darkness of the forest trees.

You return home, humbled by the majesty of the Creator and the spirits of the Circle.

508 AD, Midwinter

"What we need is not taxes, sire, but some proper mineral wealth." Says the Treasurer to the other courtiers of importance.

"There are the mountains in the east, and rarely has anyone prospected them. Sure, some villages dig out iron ore to make tools out of it, but suredly the bounty of the rock and earth ought to be greater? We need to send an expedition then, my lord, and find copper, or silver, or maybe even lead or tin."

"The profits from raw lumber do not satisfy you?" The Advisor asks, and the Treasurer scoffs.

"Bah! These are enough to cover any great expense or mitigate a disaster, leaving us with not much of spare coin. And we cannot burden the people with heavy taxation year by year either, or our great King Cyrus will end like the Usurper did." Courtiers murmur and seem to agree with the Treasurer.

But do you?

A) "Agreed, we need precious or useful metals! Find some miners and prospectors and have them scour the eastern mountains for wealth!"
B) "We might have received some cash from King Herykk, but I would rather spend it somewhere else."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2023, 09:38:30 am »

B. Maybe when we have a buffer.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2023, 10:12:27 am »

A - Doing this will give us that buffer

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2023, 10:27:16 am »

No, it'll consume the buffer in exchange for a larger buffer later. I don't want to hit Economy 0 again.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2023, 02:06:31 pm »

A

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2023, 02:11:15 pm »

A. You've got to spend someone else's money to make money.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2023, 02:29:42 pm »

You agree to the Treasurer's proposal.

In the coming weeks, preparations are done to launch an expedition of prospectors, miners and sturdy folk to search the mountains for ores. In the same time, the old cellar of your keep is sealed up and artisans have dug out a new one, where provisions and other supplies are transferred with haste.

508 AD, Late Winter

The palace healers have great news. Despite the loss of one life, another is growing inside Dugda's belly.

Your newest child ought to arrive next Autumn.

508 AD, End of the Year

You are a bit worried. There's been profits, then expenses, then profits and expenses again all over this year.

When the Advisor comes, you don't wait and take the Scrolls of Kingdom Status from his hand to check the numbers with haste.

Happiness: 4
Population: 3
Economy: 1
Army: 3

"The Treasurer believes that we need to extend the harsh taxation for yet another year, my liege." The Advisor says, pacing behind you as you return to your seat.

"But I must protest this idea; we've been taxing our people harsh for two years already. One more and they will definitely turn against you. With the profits of the raw lumber, and, Creator bless, the expedition to the east being succesful, we will have enough wealth in few years' time."

A) "Agreed, the people have given and suffered enough. No more extra taxes!"
B) "The economy needs the money, and the peasants have it. Tax'em for another year!"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2023, 02:39:04 pm »

B
Everything will be perfectly fine i promise

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2023, 02:45:20 pm »

A
"1" is a perfectly solid number.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2023, 03:18:44 pm »

A. I hate being at Economy 1 but we have two streams of revenue, our other numbers are all fine, and there probably actually is a penalty for overtaxing three years in a row.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2023, 04:26:53 pm »

A - Creator willing, we'll have a nice quiet year for once

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2023, 03:10:33 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26