Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!  (Read 18854 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!
« on: June 15, 2023, 02:41:14 pm »

No more returns.

Pick the choices below and we shall start a fast-paced dynastic game!

Name: Of the future King of Surinthomus
Name's Trait: Martial, Charismatic, Wise, Healthy, Lucky
Kingdom's Bonus: Happiness, Population, Economy, Army

« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 03:22:35 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Z-th!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 02:43:45 pm »

Cyrus, Martial, Army

Let's go out in style.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 03:41:47 pm »

You are Cyrus, the new king of Surinthomus!

You and your followers swore an oath to destroy the tyrant, and marched upon the capital, peasants and soldiers and artisans joining your 'army'. And you've just executed the vile Swoll, who ruled the land for decades, oppressing the populace and desecrating the holy sites, but no more! Under your guidance, no troop nor garrison loyal to Sworr could stop you, your martial prowess soon becoming stuff of stories and song.

The Kingdom of Surinthomus, neither wealthy nor large, had always maintained a large army which ultimately played part in Sworr's downfall when pressed levies and their blackmailed commanders switched sides and joined your rebellion.

Unfortunately there's a very pressing problem of drought and famine; for last two years, winters were bereft of snow (although they were plenty chilly) and summers were hot and dry, causing the Long River to lose depth and volume of its waters. Many a timber boat couldn't leave the lumbercamps and many livestock died of thirst, awaiting better tides and better weather. This has disrupted economy and caused people to become unruly and angry.

500 AD

The Advisor, a retired Druid and well-known poet, has arrived in your new bedchamber to lay before you the fabled documents - the Scrolls of Kingdom Status - that describe everything important within the Kingdom.

Happiness: 2
Population: 3
Economy: 2
Army: 5

He is talking in purple prose about the meanings of these arcane numbers and words, whilst you wonder how exactly such artifacts of hundreds of years of administration could contain so little. Never mind, you will understand later.

All hail King Cyrus!

500 AD, Spring

The councilmen gather in the central hall of the castle, while servants and serfs clean up the few remaining bloodstains that stubbornly refuse to disappear.

"Our lord and King, Cyrus, now that the tyrant is done for, we ought to alleviate the worries of the people." Says one of the councilmen.

"But what shall we do? The Treasury is nearly empty, it would be foolish to give coin to the people - and we can't really spare said coin to buy foodstuffs to feed their bellies either!" Says another.

"Fools, isn't it obvious?" The Advisor stabs the stone floor with his staff. "Many of the soldiers were pressed into service, and some more joined our good King for the sole purpose of dethroning Swoll. Therefore we ought to release some of them to their homes and families; they will become hands that till the fields, and maintain the river channels, and cut down lumber!"

A) "I would rather see the Treasury empty than our people starving! Buy foodstuffs from merchants at once!"
B) "The Advisor is right! Have small part of the Army released home, so that they can help restore our Kingdom to greatness!"
C) "The councilman is right! There's naught we can do right now!"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 03:46:37 pm »

B

S1lentWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • S1lently Wandering
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 04:13:52 pm »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 04:35:48 pm »

You agree to have part of the soldiers released to their wives and mothers.

500 AD, Summer

You've received a letter from neighbouring kingdom of Rycht.

Their princess (third to the throne, after her brothers) Dugda, has recently had her fifteenth birthday, and therefore as a legal adult, is looking for a prospective husband. The courtiers of Rycht thus sent you invitation to take her as your bride.

A) Meh, I will pass on this offer.
B) That takes care of that problem! I will marry Dugda!
SigFlags!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 04:36:37 pm »

Why not. B.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023, 06:05:04 pm »

B

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2023, 07:34:22 pm »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2023, 02:35:25 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2023, 02:55:34 am »

You send an affirmative reply to the Rychtans.

500 AD, Autumn

The Druids bow their heads and the Archdruid steps forward. Behind him, laid out on a large green blanket, is human skeleton, its skull severed and pierced.

"My lord and king, Cyrus, these are the bones of the Tyrant. As is the custom the bones were laid outside by the River for ravens and mudshellers to clean with their beaks and pincers over the last six months. The bones are now bare and clean. And so we come asking, whether, according to the custom, the bones of a dead King should be laid to rest in a barrow of stone and soil." Your councilmen loudly grumble at this demand before Advisor strikes the floor with his wooden staff, calling for order.

"Why would our good king Cyrus, victorious in fight against Tyrant, and liberator of these lands, allow for this?" The Archdruid smiles.

"A body that is not buried cannot release the spirit of its owner into the Earth. That would disrupt the natural course of things - and be a great affront to the Spirits and the Creator themselves."

A) "And Swoll was an affront to all things Surinthomusan! Throw his bones into the river!"
B) "Fine, his body might be buried, just don't expect me to spend money on his barrow!"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 03:36:27 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2023, 02:57:33 am »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2023, 02:59:29 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2023, 03:14:12 am »

B Surely we wouldn't want to anger the Spirits and the Creator while already suffering through the effects of a drought and famine.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2023, 03:30:09 am »

"Fine, his body might be buried, just don't expect me to spend money on his barrow!" The Archdruid bows while your councilmen continue to murmur.

Later you learn that some aunt or uncle sponsored Swoll's burial barrow, making it one of smallest and least elaborate ones ever built in the kingdom.

500 AD, Winter

You receive a reply from Kingdom of Rycht; Princess Dugda will be sent to you along with entourage of servants and gifts come Spring.

Several herds of great tusked Mammos were spotted in the far east, where there is naught but fields of rock and ice!

"My liege, hunting and capturing those herds, or even just one, could allow us to restore the ancient practices of forefathers, who used this fur-clad behemoths as beasts of burden! My grandfather always said that there's no better and fattier meat than that of a Mammo, and even in his time they were sparse before they died out in our lands." Several councilmen nod and agree, while the Marshal steps forward.

"And who, do you propose, we send? There might be enemies lurking in other directions. Of neighbours distant and close, only Rycht so far shown any sign of friendship towards us." He says, stroking his beard.

"We can hire hunters and sponsor woodsmen for this expedition." Says the Advisor.

"That will drain the Treasury!" Says the Treasurer, obviously in protest. "Even if it would allow us to raise Mammos for meat and commodities, it will only mean more investments!"

The council argues for a moment before the Advisor taps the floor with his staff, and all eyes turn to you.

A) "Having Mammos back is all benefits to me; and our brave soldiers and scouts shall obtain them for us!"
B) "Having Mammos back is all benefits to me; and we shall hire veteran hunters and woodsmen to obtain them for us!"
C) "If they showed up any other year, I would be all for capturing them; at this moment, however, we have more much pressing matters to solve!"
SigFlags!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26