Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47124 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 2: Bloodbath [10 / 15]
« Reply #1080 on: April 24, 2023, 11:41:18 am »

Well, the plan is we hit someone today that's most likely scum. And then at night we hope the two scum teams take each other out, and then we hit the last scum and win. If the two scum team thing is an elaborate lie, let's hope the town vigs have more shots or a serial killer is feeling useful.

It's impossible to plan around so many unknown night abilities and alignments, but I'm slowly becoming more confident that we've narrowed the pool enough to eke out a win.

Got a better Plan?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 24, 2023, 11:52:07 am »

So Knightwing and Fluffe haven't claimed any night action. Not surprised if they are both scum, but almost certainly Fluffe is.
I didnt really see the point in claiming an action, all I did last night is use an action that lets me commute so I dont get murdered during the night I aint got any actual useful information to give.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 24, 2023, 11:52:42 am »

I like my plan better, though I think I did my maths wrong overnight.

We take out Max or Jim, confirming the alignment of the other.

This leaves 9 players, Egan is town, Toony is scum, NQT is town (probably), we know the alignment of Max/Jim after the flip. 3 investigative roles (Toony, Egan, Cat) give us up to 3 more alignments, meaning up to 7 of those 9 are confirmed one way or the other, plus or minus depending on kills. Assuming (in the unlikely event) that scum don’t kill anybody confirmed and no other kills happen, that’s the game solved.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 24, 2023, 11:55:11 am »

Fluffe9911 - lurklurklurklurklurk; Fluffe9911 didn't do anything on Day 1 and hasn't done much on Day 2
I have done things is just half the damn questions I ask/points I make get ignored and I got a life outside of forum mafia shenaniganery limiting the time I can actively participate in the game.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 24, 2023, 11:56:41 am »

What do you think of my plan Fluffe?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 24, 2023, 11:59:28 am »

The ballsy one? Extremely flawed mostly because it relies on the hope that mafia will just decide to kill Toony tonight for some reason. Infact even sharing that plan I feel lowers the odds of it actually working by a bajillion percent.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 24, 2023, 12:09:18 pm »

Toony this is a complete non-sequiter:

Scum framing me would mean you were also framed to look town by your partner, or you're a godfather

It literally doesn't follow. I know you targeted me. I believe you had a real inspect and weren't just guessing. I wasn't framed. Scum haven't framed me, and scum framing you doesn't mean that they would frame me.

I have no idea how you made that leap, so the most likely explanation is we're talking past each other here.
You aren't being clear.

I thought you tracked me last night, this can't be the case because of how insane you're behaving.

If you simply watched yourself last night then that shows I was the only visitor unless you're lying, but I don't think you are for the exact same reasoning of how unlikely I think there would be two framers that target both myself and you.

So Knightwing and Fluffe haven't claimed any night action. Not surprised if they are both scum, but almost certainly Fluffe is.
I didnt really see the point in claiming an action, all I did last night is use an action that lets me commute so I dont get murdered during the night I aint got any actual useful information to give.
With both you and Juicebox in hiding last night that would explain why you didn't kill anyone.

This scenario:

Scum A: Lenglon/Hector
Scum B: Fluffe/Juicebox

Is bizarre because it means Scum B didn't kill last night. Max and Jim both killed people.

I didn't mention the Juicebox with Lenglon worlds so I can go over those and why they don't seem as convincing.

Scum A: Lenglon/Juicebox
Scum B: Max/Jim

Actually impossible without a third-party if I understand this right. Juicebox couldn't have killed anyone since they were missing. Max and Jim had already killed people, they couldn't have killed Toaster as well unless it was a TP or they had three kills last night.

Scum A: Lenglon/Juicebox
Scum B: Hector/Fluffe

The more likely world where Juicebox is with Lenglon. I could believe this, but I don't really think it's correct. Lenglon or Hector kills Toaster. Juicebox goes into hiding. Fluffe goes into hiding.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 24, 2023, 12:12:58 pm »

The ballsy one? Extremely flawed mostly because it relies on the hope that mafia will just decide to kill Toony tonight for some reason. Infact even sharing that plan I feel lowers the odds of it actually working by a bajillion percent.
There is an incredible incentive for both town and mafia to kill me.

I don't think I'm surviving today, let alone tonight.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 24, 2023, 12:13:34 pm »

Toony wants to kill Hector and is essentially thunderdoming him, Hector doesn't want to kill Toony.  Hmm..

One other weird thing— didn't the start and end of day say Juice had disappeared somewhere — how was he still able to night act?

Fluffe,  who murdered Toaster?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 24, 2023, 12:16:09 pm »

If Toony was framed then Curious Cat was the most likely suspect to do it, that's clear to me now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 24, 2023, 12:24:46 pm »

Toony wants to kill Hector and is essentially thunderdoming him, Hector doesn't want to kill Toony.  Hmm..

One other weird thing— didn't the start and end of day say Juice had disappeared somewhere — how was he still able to night act?

False. I said why I would prefer doing my plan over killing Toony; I’m fine with Toony being eliminated, I just think solving the game is a much better goal than possibly not even taking out a full scum team.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 24, 2023, 12:31:38 pm »

I mean we’ve basically talked about little other than Toony’s inspect since day start. That doesn’t get us closer to finding other scum, even if his buddy is still alive.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 24, 2023, 12:42:35 pm »

Im unsure for certain although I personally think its between Toony, or Hector

I know I didnt do it for obvious reasons
Your pretty much confirmed town
Knightwing is a medium of questionable usefulness to a point its kinda suspicious is a mafia medium possible?
Juicebox used some type of gtfo ability which I doubt he could use at the same time as a mafia kill although I could be very wrong
Max and Jim claim to be a mason team and they already did a kill on Lenglon so that probably rules em out of killing Toaster.
For Curious Cat to kill Toaster implies they were a mafia buddy with Lenglon right? If thats the case I highly doubt it based off his past behavior and interactions with them maybe they are just really good though.
This leaves Toony or Hector as the most likely suspects in my eyes simply by the process of elimination.

Also on a different topic @Hector why do you have three votes anyway?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 24, 2023, 12:49:57 pm »

‘cause I’m clearly the most sensible one out of the lot of us, and webadict felt sorry for me having to deal with the rest of you.

People can also do more than one action in the night, what makes you think anybody in particular is clear of killing Toaster?

Mafia medium’s are possible. I think it was webadict’s Supernatural had 3 mediums, one of which was scum. Pretty sure the game was linked earlier by Jim during our argument about meta-reading FoU.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 24, 2023, 12:53:32 pm »

‘cause I’m clearly the most sensible one out of the lot of us, and webadict felt sorry for me having to deal with the rest of you.
Uhuh...

People can also do more than one action in the night, what makes you think anybody in particular is clear of killing Toaster?

Mafia medium’s are possible. I think it was webadict’s Supernatural had 3 mediums, one of which was scum. Pretty sure the game was linked earlier by Jim during our argument about meta-reading FoU.
I said most likely suspects you are correct in that almost no one can actually be fully cleared but I believe some people are more likely to of killed them than others
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 92