Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47809 times)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #330 on: April 18, 2023, 01:53:03 pm »

Hector13 and NQT were being scummy, you should probably vote one of them.
Easy peasy.
Is this a joke or do you genuinely see something about em that makes them scummy? Cause I dont really see anything and id like to know your reasoning.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 18, 2023, 01:58:13 pm »

@Lenglon What was the point of those questions earlier anyway? Do ya think they would actually help catch mafia or was it just shitposting?
mostly shitposting. The real RVS was the "you gonna vote me or what punk?" staredown with Cat. the shitposts and refusal to spread pressure evenly were ways to get myself voted to get the ball rolling, and if they happened to generate useful info on the side that was just bonus.

Decent enough reads list, not too much wrong I can see here other than Toaster, and probably FoU. You’re trying to refine some of your reads, so I think I don’t need to do too much with your slot for the time being, other than ask what you’re seeing about Toaster that makes you think they’re town?
Independence. Toaster is using completely independent reasoning from every other person here. They are focusing on Tric, sure, but they haven't dropped their attention on the rest of the players and the game as a whole. So the whole "pressing Tric on D1 for being Tric is an out for scum to not scumhunt" reasoning just plain does not apply here. I frankly dislike the flak Toaster is getting on the subject. I personally find it troublesome and annoying to bother trying to scumhunt Tric because of Tric's off-base priorities, and I will admit that I've been avoiding dealing with it as a result.
But yeah, Toaster in my eyes is thinking for themselves and keeping their eyes on all players. Seems town to me.

unvote
Knightwing: Please participate in the game.

I'm gonna need to go read RVS again to see if that holds up.. It's a strat I like, but.. Well, first the talk about Toaster's independence. You're probably right about that. Toaster doesn't have any strong connections to other players, independent, and not someone used to everyone shrugging off questioning me. But.. The immediate vote on Knightwing afterward is a mistake that turns that well reasoned post into a flag. You say they seem town, but Third Party is also solo. Pushing me and questioning is a strong move either way, but all your post has one is make me see that they are independent and put suspicion on you.

... Music.

The evidence is as followed. TricMagic is the Hat Tyrant by popular decree. Through their ability, Hats have been scattered to all players. In comes Knightwing, stating that they have a powerful hat. Determine: Is this the action of the secretive mafia, a murderous third party, or an informative town?

TricMagic is the Examiner. The one who shall steal hats from the unworthy. By revealing themselves to have a strong hat, they could be baiting me. Is this in Knightwing's playstyle? It is in the opinion of the Examiner that no, it is not. Bringing it up early in an attempt to share information is more town that anything, and extremely unlikely to be Third Party. There exists the possibility that it is a mafia plot.

By ToonyMan's examination, my first post read as town. Despite the fact I had not even received my role, and it was NAI. Toaster was similar, but woke up afterwards. ... I can use this info as a basis that Toaster in unlikely to be in a team, as while it would be useful info for town points, it's also something that was never followed up on, and was of no value. Returning to the original line of though, through personal experiance Mafia always plots together, never apart. It is what made my role as the Dragon so convincing. As I did not know who was town or mafia, I simply sunk into the role of a town player. Because I was alone, I could act without consulting a team. Knightwing's post does not read as a coached one. Hence he is free to keep the hat, having been deemed as worthy of it.

We can then move to the cross-examination of your links with other players. But I'll leave that for another day.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 18, 2023, 02:01:32 pm »

You seem to have a different recollection of that game than I do. I lost that game for my team N1, and I think it took ‘til D4 for town to realize it. The reason I went after you was because everyone else was mechanically cleared, and the fact you thought it was a thunderdome is testament to the play of my team.

If you want to thunderdome now I’m pretty sure I could make zero posts between now and the end of the day, and I’d still win. That’s how badly you’ve played.

Equally so, both the people you want to sheep have me as a scumread. Fire away if you want, I’ve been one of the most prolific posters of the day, there’s plenty enough evidence to build a case if you think I’ve played horseshit. I won’t even argue against it.
If you're not going to argue, what again is the point of Thunderdoming?

Besides me, whom are your top three scum picks?

My point was if it were to happen I’ve done more than you to this point, particularly in regards to building a case on you.

FoU and Toaster were pretty high on that list for voting for Tric, but both seem to be re-analyzing that position, and Toony was rubbing me the wrong way but that was for something pretty much wholly related to me and I like almost everything else he was chatting about.

We have a lot of players, particularly the newer ones, not doing much (probably not aided by my walls of text, but that’s what I do) which does not make the task of finding scum easier.

In lieu of a better option I’d probably prefer to see you go, but I’d like to see if you can find me a better option before the day ends.

I have a massive headache due to poor sleep, and I just sent my mum and her partner home for the end of their trip so I’m also sad, thus probably not going to be around too much this day recovering from that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #333 on: April 18, 2023, 02:46:48 pm »

If I eat a kill, that's an L for mafia. And I never say I'm town, unless I'm a dragon, then I say I'm a Dragon. (I find that game the funniest since I outright said what I was and was read as town the whole game, all the way to the end.)

I like hats. I need to steal hats to actually do anything. Gib me ma Hat.
This looks genuine to me.

Not fake playing, it’s called school. I’m gonna post more now that I’m out, first half the day in pretty much non existent on this forum, you can check my posts on other games if you don’t believe me.
Didn't you even post while in school during a past game?

This Tric is incompetent / focused.

Combine that with the heavy fixation on hats, part of the opening flavor (reminder that we submitted flavor fragments), and an awareness of alignments while making no active effort to scumhunt, while talking about its importance?

He’s probably third party. Outsider or SK I’m guessing. More town points to Toaster then.
Now we're getting somewhere, first Hector then you. What's with Toaster?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 18, 2023, 02:52:37 pm »

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #335 on: April 18, 2023, 03:30:46 pm »

Quick Pfp

I meant that as in there hasn't been any follow up on it so far. Also what do you mean you're out of vote changes?
I don't like changing my vote a lot. If I don't have someone in mind to change it to, I tend to leave it in one place. So I was just kind of making a joke referencing that.
I didn't really think I needed to follow up. I still think Fallacy's suspicious - Jim actually just did a great job explaining why - but so do several other people, there's a lot of game left, I didn't think I needed to press the issue? This might be part of what ToonyMan means by saying I play selfishly. I just sort of think it is not my job to get this guy in particular voted out. You can even see the clear difference, if you look up webadict's Supernatural, when it was in fact literally my job to get one guy in particular voted out.

Maximum Spin - no complaints, much like notquitethere; His statement about trying to be more helpful did make me raise my eyebrow a little because I remember EuchreJack's comment from AutoMafia where he said if Max is trying to be helpful then he's scum and if he's trying to be aloof then he's town.
I like most everything in this readslist, but I just want to reassure you that EuchreJack isn't the god of my meta.

The eight posts starting from here:
I don't like this disengaged Knightwing, I don't feel good about this fake-looking Jack Panic, and I'm not a fan of this interaction, especially from two people I would most expect to interact like this as scum.

Wow, I guess that's everything. I thought there was going to be more. Maybe in my first readthrough I had more to say that I cared about less this time around.
My first instinct is to vote Knightwing. This isn't related to Lenglon doing so, I've been thinking about it since last night; but the reasoning is the same. This Knightwing seems, once again, to be faking playing the game. I also 100% believe he would submit mafia as his role preference, for what that's worth.

I like this post from Max, it's enough for me to unvote for now

I like what I've seen from NQT since he's been back on.

I don't like the Jim vote from Fallacy, it seems like an OMGUS to me

I still don't like what Jack is doing, I think he should take a page out if NQT's book

Still need to get a feel for Toaster and Hector, I'll try to read back through their posts and see what I can come up with.

I also would like to see more form Knightwing and Fluffe, hopefully they can come on and start posting more soon.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 18, 2023, 03:42:26 pm »

Hector13 and NQT were being scummy, you should probably vote one of them.
Easy peasy.
Is this a joke or do you genuinely see something about em that makes them scummy? Cause I dont really see anything and id like to know your reasoning.
As you can tell, I really don't like hector13, and their play is getting worse. They can't even think of anyone but me as scum in a 15 player game. Back in my day, we had a word for folk that could only offend one person at a time: Scum.
But it's only natural to dislike someone that is vigorously voting you, so I'm trying to ignore hector13.

NQT's claim of randomly picking three people is Scummy. If he'd admit that he's lying and actually picked the three people he found most interesting, it'd actually make him look a lot better.
But overall, I think this is standard NQT play, from what little I've been following. So Null on NQT.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2023, 03:45:32 pm »

Toony: I was voting on my own to see how others responded, including voting Toaster as you & Jim seemed to suspect him. But you seem to have been doing well, and I love TMNT, so I guess I can sheep you for a bit.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 18, 2023, 03:52:38 pm »

EuchreJack, back up your words with evidence.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 18, 2023, 03:54:20 pm »

NQT's claim of randomly picking three people is Scummy. If he'd admit that he's lying and actually picked the three people he found most interesting, it'd actually make him look a lot better.
Haha okay, but I did just randomly pick. The screenshot wasn't some weird lie. What would be the point of that?

It was a good idea and I'll do it again.

--

Tooonnnnnyyy where's that red text??

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2023, 03:59:33 pm »

My words are backed by nuclear hats.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 18, 2023, 04:11:39 pm »

My words are backed by nuclear hats.
Now I wish I sent in Nuclear Ghandi.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 18, 2023, 04:16:50 pm »

Haha okay, but I did just randomly pick. The screenshot wasn't some weird lie. What would be the point of that?

It was a good idea and I'll do it again.

--

Tooonnnnnyyy where's that red text??

Sliding down my reads list with randomly choosing people outside RVS there NQT.

Who are your top three scum and top three town?

Top three people who should be posting more?

Top three chocolate bars?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 18, 2023, 04:21:03 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Toaster     --3-- EuchreJack*, EuchreJack*, ToonyMan*,
Knightwing64   --2-- Lenglon*, Maximum Spin*,
EuchreJack     --1-- TricMagic*,
FallacyofUrist --1-- Jim Groovester*,
Jim Groovester --1-- FallacyofUrist*,
Maximum Spin   --1-- A_Curious_Cat*,
ToonyMan       --1-- notquitethere*,
TricMagic      --1-- Toaster*,
A_Curious_Cat  --0--
Egan_BW        --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
hector13       --0--
juicebox       --0--
Lenglon        --0--
notquitethere  --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --5-- Egan_BW*, Fluffe9911, hector13*, juicebox*, Knightwing64,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on April 20, 2023 at 18:00 Central Daylight Time (~49 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 18, 2023, 04:21:42 pm »

Top three chocolate bars?
Chocolate, Rice, and Cookie.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 92