Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47283 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2023, 12:57:49 am »

FoU third time’s the charm eh. Maybe we’ll be on the same team this time..? What do you think the setup is with a whole 15 players?
Absolute hot garbagio. Nothing about this game is going to be reasonable. The heavens are rumbling and preparing to smite us all.

NQT and juicebox and MaxSpin: I already asked FoU, but now I’ll ask you and try to get away with asking the same question to a quarter of the town: what do you think the setup is in terms of alignment spread?

Oh, alignment.

Most likely is 10 town, 3 to 4 mafia, and 1 third party.

Aside from that, there could be multiple scumteams, a complete absence of mafia (and a lot of hostile third parties), three cult leaders...

Webadict is not afraid at all to mix things up.

The conventional pattern would suggest 10 town, 3-4 mafia, and 1-2 third parties.

Personally I'd bet web has mixed it up this time around, though, since the last few games have been more reasonable.

I’d like to be on a team with FoU, even if it had to be scum. I enjoy playing mafia with him.
Noted.

FoU does your role indicate in what manner alignments may change?
No. It just indicates alignment changing is possible.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2023, 01:00:32 am »

hector:
Toaster and Jim and ToonyMan: who are the players we should be trying to clear first? I was going to ask this to the more experienced players but there are quite a few of you so I guess those three seem to be a decent cross-section for this one…

Far too early to worry about individual players, really, and I'm not really into clearing a specific person anyway.  If the question you're trying to ask is "who's generally hard to read" then I'll give you... oh, Fallacy, Toony, and Jim.  Fallacy can be unpredictable, Toony I've watched some great play in the Mafiascum tournament, and Jim is good at driving a thought process if he's invested, though his investment is fickle.

Fallacy:

I hate cults.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2023, 01:02:38 am »

Fallacy:

I hate cults.
If I were in webadict's place, this setup would have two cult leaders, one direct serial killer and one indirect serial killer.

Thankfully I am not webadict. Nor am I Shakerag.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2023, 01:03:05 am »

Hector13: I refuse to tell you if I'm third party right now. How do you feel about that?

Tric: How are you going to get yourself lynched by your own teammates?

Jack: prove you aren't juicebox.

Egan: Are you wearing cat ears?

Max: Prove that RVS questions are useful with facts and logic.

Jim: if you could thanos-snap half the players here right now at the cost of also killing yourself, would you? why or why not?

Toaster: You're shakerag. prove me wrong.

Fluffy: Almost all of these questions I'm asking are useless and stupid. Which one is the worst and which one is the closest to actually being worth something and why?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2023, 01:04:18 am »

Ask me questions too, or you won't have a leg to stand on.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2023, 01:07:06 am »

Ask me questions too, or you won't have a leg to stand on.
No
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2023, 01:08:49 am »

You may or not regret this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2023, 01:14:15 am »

Lenglon:

I thought about it, but no.  Also, burden of proof's on you.

At what level of group-refusal to participate does RVS fall apart?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2023, 01:15:45 am »

Lenglon:

I thought about it, but no.  Also, burden of proof's on you.

At what level of group-refusal to participate does RVS fall apart?
Toaster: When and how did RVS hold together in the first place?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2023, 01:16:34 am »

RVS is garbage. However, much like democracy, it's better than the alternatives by a long shot.

We did try skipping RVS that one time. Had a Night 0 and everything.

That didn't work out so well.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2023, 01:18:59 am »

Egan and A Curious Cat (do you mind if I call you Cat? I post exclusively from phone so that’d make my life so much easier) and Fluffe and Knightwing: what do you think is going to be the best way to find scum on D1? What do you think is the best way to find town on D1?

1.  Yeah, sure.  Knock yourself out.

2.  I’m not sure there’s any way to be sure without violating the rule against quoting one’s role PM.  Maybe write everyone’s names on separate pieces of paper and put them in a hat?  Maybe assign everyone a number from 1 to 15 and use Avrae to roll a 1d15?  IIUC, we’ll be in a lot better position once the first person has been lynched.  Of course, I could be wrong.  I’ve never played Mafia before…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2023, 01:23:41 am »

Lenglon: I feel like it's a passable vessel for breaking the ice.  It rarely on its own generates real value, and I think it mostly happens because no one has come up with a serviceable alternative that's worth anything.  Many many years ago, you'd see practically arbitrary tunneling right out the gate, but it's been a while since I can recall seeing it.

I do feel RVS can/will fall apart if the large majority fails to meaningfully participate.  Is that bad?  Only if nothing replaces it. 

PPE:  There goes Fallacy using the analogy I considered using.

Egan and A Curious Cat (do you mind if I call you Cat? I post exclusively from phone so that’d make my life so much easier) and Fluffe and Knightwing: what do you think is going to be the best way to find scum on D1? What do you think is the best way to find town on D1?

1.  Yeah, sure.  Knock yourself out.

2.  I’m not sure there’s any way to be sure without violating the rule against quoting one’s role PM.  Maybe write everyone’s names on separate pieces of paper and put them in a hat?  Maybe assign everyone a number from 1 to 15 and use Avrae to roll a 1d15?  IIUC, we’ll be in a lot better position once the first person has been lynched.  Of course, I could be wrong.  I’ve never played Mafia before…

Gives me an idea though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NQT:  The most logical and infallible method has determined that you are scum.  Who's your most reliable scumbuddy?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2023, 01:25:44 am »

Lenglon: I feel like it's a passable vessel for breaking the ice.  It rarely on its own generates real value, and I think it mostly happens because no one has come up with a serviceable alternative that's worth anything.  Many many years ago, you'd see practically arbitrary tunneling right out the gate, but it's been a while since I can recall seeing it.

Lenglon is obvscum. I used my one-shot infallible nuclear awesome day-alignment inspect no-failure-possible ability on her and she's mafia. Everyone vote Lenglon now or I will break your legs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2023, 01:32:27 am »

Lenglon: considering my penchant for worrying far too much about outed TP’s, as per our last game and MafiaKart, I’m pretty okay with that.

Though the way you worded the question has me worried anyway *sigh*

As a tangent to that, hopefully webadict isn’t doing what FoU would do.

You’re… starting the game in a… weird aggressive-but-not-particularly-useful way. Why did you choose those particular people to ask questions of?

Cat: while the stage of the game we’re at does include “random” in it, it’s usually a good idea to avoid randomness in choosing who to go after at this point. How do you think we’ll get to the point of choosing who to lynch D1, and how do you intend to contribute to that? How do you intend to make sure you’re not the flip we get information from?

PPE: and there goes Toaster, an experienced player, choosing someone at random, though at least only FoS’ing them… no bueno though, guy.

And FoU being super aggressive too!

I mean yeah whatever that sounds legit. I also like my legs

Lenglon
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 92