Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47115 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Role Decorating In Progress - [15 Players Loaded]
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2023, 09:40:47 pm »

Wow this floor is really shiny.
is it made of floor?
it is made of starlight.

We should worship it as a wise and merciful god.
But if it's a god shouldn't we be stabbing it?
how do you stab starlight?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2023, 09:44:47 pm »

is it made of floor?
it is made of starlight.

DETERMINATION
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2023, 09:45:52 pm »

With a star knife?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2023, 09:47:01 pm »

is it made of floor?
it is made of starlight.

DETERMINATION
Alright Frisk, I guess it’s a genocide run then…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2023, 09:48:37 pm »

is it made of floor?
it is made of starlight.

DETERMINATION
is mafia ever anything else?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2023, 09:50:03 pm »

is it made of floor?
it is made of starlight.

DETERMINATION
is mafia ever anything else?
Some folks like to try an “everybody wins” route.

I think we should eliminate those people first.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2023, 09:50:52 pm »

I'm shutting this whole thing down until the game starts!

Which should be soonTM

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Previous Game Finished... Now Loading...
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2023, 12:13:02 am »

The page finishes loading, and you see a message appear.  You click it, finding your role.

A blank page appears before you, and then the messages come flying in.

The screen immediately fractures under the strain of what has been created.  The lights in your room shudder, quake, and then go out.

Your screen displays a warning.

Do not be alarmed.

Everything is fine.

Do not worry.

Report anomalies to your local authorities.

“Hmm…” A digital penguin avatar appears, speaking in pixel text bubbles.  “I suppose this could be normal for the site–”

Reality cracks.

Your screen displays a small pizza!  Totally awesome!  Gnarly, even!  The eating part of this online pizza party was less-than-thought-out, though.  Instead a small coupon–

Reality sunders.

No.  You know what?  It doesn’t.  It stays perfectly together.  No one is making a mess of my game right now!  Guy Fiera doesn’t run this show, I do!

The Hat Tyrant displays themself, in full 16-bit glory, holding the pixel avatar of webadict in their hands.  “Who among you is responsible for this travesty?  Surely, you must be some kind of organized criminal gang to have performed such an act!”

Fingers begin to point, but none among you own to the virtual murder that has definitely been committed.

The Hat Tyrant shakes their head, and motions for Mamobo to begin tracking the votes.  “Fine then,” they say.  “Let us do this the fair way…”

Reality reconfigures itself into three distinct spacetimes.

“Pick the most suspicious among you to be processed.”
“Pick the gnarliest dude among you to receive a free pizza!”
“Pick those responsible for this travesty and I will punish them.”

Watching this play out on your screen is really confusing, and you thought you understood maybe a small portion,

But really, it was me, Dio, the whole time!

Find and eliminate all Players that oppose the Town.

Vote Count
------------------------
A_Curious_Cat  --0--
Egan_BW        --0--
EuchreJack     --0--
FallacyofUrist --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
hector13       --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
juicebox       --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
Lenglon        --0--
Maximum Spin   --0--
notquitethere  --0--
Toaster        --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
TricMagic      --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --16-- A_Curious_Cat, Egan_BW, EuchreJack, EuchreJack, FallacyofUrist, Fluffe9911, hector13, juicebox, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, Lenglon, Maximum Spin, notquitethere, Toaster, ToonyMan, TricMagic,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on April 20, 2023 at 18:00 Central Standard Time (~90 hours remaining.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 10:05:50 pm by webadict »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2023, 12:16:49 am »

The power level of this particular game may be unreasonably high.

EuchreJack appears to be a double voter.

Note for new players:

Don't edit your posts or directly quote communications with the moderator, webadict, from outside of this public thread. Someone always messes up on that and I figure I'd get it out of the way before we get to that point.

TricMagic: Explain. Now.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2023, 12:23:11 am »

What does “WUBA WUBA WUBA” mean?

It is a nickname for our glorious moderator.

Also the noise a floor buffer makes.

Webadict

Web adict
wub a

wuba

wuba wuba wuba

Knightwing64, hector13, and FallacyofUrist:

Are you sure it doesn’t stand for “We (scum) will UnBalance the game Altogether”?

You’re not scum, are you?  ???
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2023, 12:31:27 am »

Fallacy:
TricMagic: Explain. Now.

If it's hat related, Tric did it.  This is simple logic.

Is this good or bad for finding scum?

Jim G:  It's been twelve years.  Would you say you've learned enough in this time that you are no longer a newbie?

Fluffe:  Hello!  Don't believe I've played with you.  What is the best and worst part of RVS?

notquitethere:  You I have played with many times.  Can we expect your usual deep analysis come D2 or D3, or are you going to pawn it off on someone else?

Maximum Spin:  If I said I had something in my role that gave me strong indication you were scum, what would you say to that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2023, 12:34:08 am »

Are you sure it doesn’t stand for “We (scum) will UnBalance the game Altogether”?

Would be pretty hard to conspire as scum before the game even begins.

I'm pretty sure I'm town.

Bad, since the sheer absurdity and confusion will interfere with attempts to form reads.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2023, 12:38:41 am »

Fallacy:

Bad, since the sheer absurdity and confusion will interfere with attempts to form reads.

I generally concur.  Vanilla-adjacent setups certainly leave everyone with mere analysis of words and vote patterns. While role madness games can lead to scum getting caught out in an unforeseen contradiction, sometimes all you get is !!FUN!! and insanity.

...pretty sure?  How's that?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2023, 12:42:29 am »

Fallacy:
[1] I generally concur.  Vanilla-adjacent setups certainly leave everyone with mere analysis of words and vote patterns. While role madness games can lead to scum getting caught out in an unforeseen contradiction, sometimes all you get is !!FUN!! and insanity.

[2] ...pretty sure?  How's that?

[1] I fully believe that this game has the potential to reach somewhere around 90% of KYOSN's insanity level. This is not going to be a reasonable game for long.

[2] My role suggests that the changing of alignment is possible. Which is to say I know I'm town now, but am uncertain whether that will hold true for the whole game.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2023, 12:45:37 am »

*puts a finger on his nose and points at EuchreJack* Oi oi, double voter!

Uh… it’s late. Sleep well webadict.

FoU third time’s the charm eh. Maybe we’ll be on the same team this time..? What do you think the setup is with a whole 15 players?

Lenglon Don’t be third-party please. Though to be fair that goes for the rest of you MF’ers too >:( I should ask you a question, but I don’t think I will. Thoughts?

Oh muh gohd there’s too many players.

Toaster and Jim and ToonyMan: who are the players we should be trying to clear first? I was going to ask this to the more experienced players but there are quite a few of you so I guess those three seem to be a decent cross-section for this one…

NQT and juicebox and MaxSpin: I already asked FoU, but now I’ll ask you and try to get away with asking the same question to a quarter of the town: what do you think the setup is in terms of alignment spread?

Egan and A Curious Cat (do you mind if I call you Cat? I post exclusively from phone so that’d make my life so much easier) and Fluffe and Knightwing: what do you think is going to be the best way to find scum on D1? What do you think is the best way to find town on D1?

EuchreJack: why do you think I haven’t grouped you in with other players? Are you going to panic at the end of the day even though you hold twice the voting power of any individual player?

TricMagic: you have upset FoU. Why did you do that?

Oh I should be voting too. Balls.

Uh…

EuchreJack. Might as well get the panic in early, I’m also uneasy with you having a double vote re:panic.

It is a nickname for our glorious moderator.

Also the noise a floor buffer makes.

Webadict

Web adict
wub a

wuba

wuba wuba wuba

I’d like to be on a team with FoU, even if it had to be scum. I enjoy playing mafia with him.

Though him being “pretty sure” rather than “absolutely certain” he’s town is a bit of a red flag… PPE: even after the explanation there, it’s… you’re town now brah :p don’t worry about the future lest you arse up the present. Anhway,

FoU does your role indicate in what manner alignments may change?

You didn’t mention Toaster though, even though they started the whole Wuba thing. What should be read into that, hm?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 92