Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 143

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0  (Read 103226 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Trollbait 2.0
« Reply #1365 on: September 01, 2023, 08:11:28 pm »

It's very DARVO isn't it?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 02, 2023, 05:29:32 am »

In Russia, a citizen can die in a locked room...
I've also heard that Russian citizens can shoot themselves in the back of the head without a gun, such amazing tricks the Russians know.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 02, 2023, 02:48:48 pm »

In Germany, in the city of Einbeck in Lower Saxony, an unknown man attacked a child from Ukraine. The prosecutor’s office is investigating the case as attempted murder.

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to DW.

According to available data, on August 26, a 10-year-old boy was near the bridge with several other Ukrainian children, when an unknown man accused the children of speaking Ukrainian. The man demanded that they speak Russian and allegedly declared that Ukraine had started a war.

Then the man allegedly pulled the girl by the hair, grabbed the 10-year-old boy, and threw him over the railing into the canal. The boy hit the iron beams attached to the bridge and suffered injuries to his head and left leg. When the boy was lying in the canal, an unknown man allegedly threw a glass bottle at him, which hit the child in the right shoulder. After that, the man left the scene.

The perpetrator appears to be between 40 and 45 years old, and the police are looking for him. 

This is the type of people we are waging war against.
I hope they catch the bastard before he hurts more people
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 06, 2023, 09:47:09 pm »

It's a month old but i didn't noticed this before about the author of the Metro books series :

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/russian-writer-dmitry-glukhovsky-handed-8-year-prison-102074748

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 06, 2023, 10:25:36 pm »

Well... for what it's worth, as the article notes the guy isn't in russia and probably won't be going there any time soon, what with... everything. It's a conviction in absentia, after having labeled the guy a foreign agent. Rather imagine he ain't gon' go nowhere that extradites to russia any time soon.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 07, 2023, 05:32:39 am »

What did he do to get labeled as a foreign agent?

Also reminds me I really need to finish reading 2035.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 07, 2023, 05:49:55 am »

What did he do to get labeled as a foreign agent?

Posted reports of Russian war crimes on his social media.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 07, 2023, 08:27:16 pm »

In Germany, in the city of Einbeck in Lower Saxony, an unknown man attacked a child from Ukraine. The prosecutor’s office is investigating the case as attempted murder.

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to DW.

According to available data, on August 26, a 10-year-old boy was near the bridge with several other Ukrainian children, when an unknown man accused the children of speaking Ukrainian. The man demanded that they speak Russian and allegedly declared that Ukraine had started a war.

Then the man allegedly pulled the girl by the hair, grabbed the 10-year-old boy, and threw him over the railing into the canal. The boy hit the iron beams attached to the bridge and suffered injuries to his head and left leg. When the boy was lying in the canal, an unknown man allegedly threw a glass bottle at him, which hit the child in the right shoulder. After that, the man left the scene.

The perpetrator appears to be between 40 and 45 years old, and the police are looking for him. 

This is the type of people we are waging war against.
It is now being reported that the boy gave false information and this did not happen as described.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 09, 2023, 01:04:25 pm »

Hm, my friend from Azerbaijan is quite confident that a new war between Armenia and Azerbaijan is about to start in the next few days. I do not see anything beyond the usual sabble-rattling but he said that Azerbaijani troop movements are rather unusual and indicate more than empty postures.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 09, 2023, 06:10:31 pm »

Hm, my friend from Azerbaijan is quite confident that a new war between Armenia and Azerbaijan is about to start in the next few days. I do not see anything beyond the usual sabble-rattling but he said that Azerbaijani troop movements are rather unusual and indicate more than empty postures.
Does he say this whenever you speak with him?

I'm reasonably sure I heard that when the most recent invasion of Ukraine began February 24th, 2022.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 10, 2023, 12:11:28 am »

From the news I've been seeing about the area, I'd say it's likely. Under the circumstances, this could easily mean war between Azerbaijan and Iran, since Iran has clearly made the Zangezur corridor a red line. Turkey would have to decide whether to intervene, which is as much as to say that there is a risk of bringing NATO into war with Iran; but Iran is certainly emboldened by its perception of the status of the Ukrainian war. The situation is a powder-keg, to say the least.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 10, 2023, 01:03:59 am »

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-western-vehicle-losses-not-big-win-for-russia-report-2023-9?amp
Western vehicle losses not a big deal, since they're designed to prioritize survival of the crews. I've been saying this ever since Western media has been trying to terrify with Bradley losses, but official journalists are finally clarifying better than I could.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 10, 2023, 01:41:03 am »

More wars starting sounds like the beginning of more fun times, will we get a separate thread for that one or will we just add it to this one?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: September 10, 2023, 01:46:49 am »

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-western-vehicle-losses-not-big-win-for-russia-report-2023-9?amp
Western vehicle losses not a big deal, since they're designed to prioritize survival of the crews. I've been saying this ever since Western media has been trying to terrify with Bradley losses, but official journalists are finally clarifying better than I could.
I've noticed for a while now there's been a concerted effort on the part of our media, especially business-oriented media, to try to convince Americans not to support any more aid to Ukraine. Previously, it was, "well, the offensive's stalled, isn't it so boring and hard to care about now?"; now that that's become a hard claim to maintain, it's "Ukraine doesn't need any more tanks, those tanks did their job, everything's fine and you don't need to care about it".
Tanks aren't ablative armor, though.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: September 10, 2023, 03:53:36 am »

From the news I've been seeing about the area, I'd say it's likely. Under the circumstances, this could easily mean war between Azerbaijan and Iran, since Iran has clearly made the Zangezur corridor a red line. Turkey would have to decide whether to intervene, which is as much as to say that there is a risk of bringing NATO into war with Iran; but Iran is certainly emboldened by its perception of the status of the Ukrainian war. The situation is a powder-keg, to say the least.

I simply don't believe that Iran is this stupid. Even in the case of the most optimistic scenario with Turkey limiting its assistance to arms supplies, this is unwinnable and will destabilize Iran with its large Azerbaijani diaspora. 
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 143