Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 29813 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 2 - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #525 on: January 09, 2023, 12:38:01 am »

I'm a Psychic Warden, Fallacy, I blocked you.  I frankly didn't trust you, and I assumed you were gonna kill, given how you acted at the end of Night 1.
... ah.

Well, all the more reason to investigate Spin. Thanks for letting me know. Can't say I'm happy about it but I still think you're town.

Shorten.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 09, 2023, 12:39:59 am »

WEB: Alright guys, time to Full Claim! I'm a Liar that Lies  :P
Which falls into Web's persona regardless of alignment.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 09, 2023, 12:45:22 am »

I'm a Psychic Warden, Fallacy, I blocked you.  I frankly didn't trust you, and I assumed you were gonna kill, given how you acted at the end of Night 1.
... ah.

Well, all the more reason to investigate Spin. Thanks for letting me know. Can't say I'm happy about it but I still think you're town.

Shorten.
I literally never suggested you were right. I thought I was pretty clear that you were wrong and I was only wardin' deez nuts.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 09, 2023, 12:51:43 am »

Dragon Deez Nutz, indeed!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 09, 2023, 01:34:08 am »

Shorten.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 09, 2023, 09:15:17 am »

Wait, fuck, that actually makes sense.

Jim as Hivemind, uses the tech slot to get a Permanent Holoform Modulator. Uses that to show himself like a Kook would.

Converts Max, the psychic warden.

Gets Max's results, and uses the fact that I was roleblocked to fakeclaim a Snooper Bot.

Well, fuck.
Jim basically told me he had a tracking ability on D1, in private.

Because PMs are busted.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 09, 2023, 09:36:08 am »

Because PMs are busted.
Yeah they are.  I tried to warn people.

Also, Jim told me the same thing, so I believe him.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 09, 2023, 11:45:12 am »

The Whiteboard
Vector: 8: EuchreJack, FallacyofUrist, hector13, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, webadict
Maximum Spin: 1: notquitethere

Shorten: 6: EuchreJack, FallacyofUrist, hector13, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, webadict

There is little disagreement this day. Vector has been named doppelganger and no evidence has been given to dispute that.

The accused stands up, slowly, and as they straighten up their form changes. The features melt into a smooth and unnatural face, split only by a large mouth full of sharp teeth. The limbs elongate, and the hands sprout viscous looking claws.

Without a word the doppelganger leaps towards Toonyman, claws ready to rend. Before they can reach him, however, the room is deafened by the loud report of a gun. The creature staggers to the side before turning on EuchreJack who once again holds the security rifle. He fires again, and this time the monster collapses to the floor. A third shot, and it lies still.

It takes a while for the ringing in your ears to go away. When you can actually hear again, a decision is made to check out Vector's room for clues.

Interesting. Inside you find a cache of documents on their computer that indicate that Vector, the original Vector, was actually an Agent investigating the area. Did the corporation actually know about the doppelgangers ahead of time? Or suspect?

A disquieting thought. But not a mystery you can solve today.

You retire a bit early today. You all need your rest for the night to come.

A short day, but not unexpected. Night has fallen, send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Night 2
« Reply #533 on: January 09, 2023, 11:20:55 pm »

Morning dawns. A bit off schedule from your alarms at this point, but still close enough that you awaken to some light.

A bit to your surprise, everyone is alive and accounted for in the mess hall. A welcome sight, and one that brings some hope. And, perhaps, a bit of paranoia.

Nevertheless, you still have to deal with two more doppelgangers before you can feel safe again. Best get to it.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 3 brings some hope
« Reply #534 on: January 09, 2023, 11:42:14 pm »

I'd like to hear some claims before I present my findings.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 10, 2023, 12:18:44 am »

Sure.

You've been running the mother of all bluffs, because I know now that you are a Medium.

... which is a bit nightmarish, because NQT claimed Medium, and Knightwing flipped Medium.

This setup is hilarious and rotten.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 10, 2023, 12:22:47 am »

The most important claim, though, isn't mine but Toony's, since he's the town-sided Agent in this weird-ass scenario.

Oh, and I am a Detective. I figure out people's roles. There. Claimed my role. I did say I would, and now I have.
Generic Arms Race.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 10, 2023, 12:30:14 am »

I had my robot stalk FallacyofUrist again. He visited Maximum Spin.

But I actually *moustache twirl* converted another player to my hivemind cult *moustache twirl* and waited for FoU to claim so that I could fakeclaim *moustache twirl*.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 10, 2023, 12:37:55 am »

But I actually *moustache twirl* converted another player to my hivemind cult *moustache twirl* and waited for FoU to claim so that I could fakeclaim *moustache twirl*.
I would much greatly appreciate it if you could give me your Permanent Holoform Modulator so I can make use of the fact of you not possessing it
Generic Arms Race.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 10, 2023, 12:39:51 am »

Sure.

You've been running the mother of all bluffs, because I know now that you are a Medium.

... which is a bit nightmarish, because NQT claimed Medium, and Knightwing flipped Medium.

This setup is hilarious and rotten.
I didn't bluff, dude. I actually breadcrumbed it from the beginning (look up "The Medium is the Message") and told four different people. Just because you weren't in the know doesn't mean it was a secret.

I strongly suspect that most things come in threes, with one being evil. This does mean I think you are less likely to be scum, since we have already found the dopp investigator, unless someone else can counterclaim you.

Anyway, here are my findings, since you went and outed me:
Vector sang like a bird of paradise in Hell, expressing absolute confidence that I was really webadict:
Quote from: Vector (dead)
That’s almost certainly Webadict
Hi Webby. Do I get my present now
Web asked us to figure out who he was and told us we would get a present if we figured it out. Why shouldn’t I get the present :V
Sorry, Vector, you don't get a wish. Anyway, this satisfies me that webadict isn't scum and that scum had no idea I was a medium, which clears webadict, ToonyMan, and Jim Groovester, all of whom I told days ago. (The fourth I mentioned above was Knightwing, who is not helpful at the moment due to being dead.)

Furthermore, notquitethere, who notably did NOT know I was the other medium even though I could tell it was him from the first line, had this to say:
Quote from: notquitethere
Hey V what should I tell town?
Which sounds scumslippy to me, just saying. I certainly don't believe there are three town mediums, that's just kind of a dumb setup. Mediums aren't that good that you need three of them, it's fun to play go-between but doesn't really add that much to the game. Anyway, notquitethere again.

That leaves the rest of my POE as Fallacy, Jack, and hector. Out of these guys I pretty much think it's hector now, but whatever, we can worry about that tomorrow. Of course, if someone can claim to have roleblocked or protected a target, that would help an awful lot!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41