Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Game Over, Town win  (Read 29825 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 27 - Day 1 wants off this rock
« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2023, 10:53:51 pm »

Correct.  NQT's list may have been ordered, but his list has no actual suspicions on it.

This kinda maps to what hector was saying, in that hector claimed FoU has too many nulls... But NQT's list feels exactly the same, and hector seemed to find no issue with this until pressed.  Look at hector's list changes as they go, where NQT isn't mentioned (being null, I assume) to being in his PoE.

I really feel like there is high coordination between NQT and hector this game.  It feels highly w/w.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2023, 11:05:07 pm »

All my null reads are in my PoE.

To be perfectly honest when NQT posted his reads I skimmed over it because I didn’t care that much about anyone other than FoU. Still don’t to be honest.

Max was the one that PM’d me so, to be fair, he shouldn’t have been in it though.

You mentioned earlier you think FoU is putting a lot of thought into his reads, could you provide examples of that?

FoU, ‘cause we’re getting into the last 24 hours and my availability is uncertain on weekends.

Long story short, FoU should still be voting me as I’m engaging in classic scumtells (not asking questions of other people, only really engaging with people if they explicitly ask me questions, focusing on the person who was most pushing my case) and one of the things scum find most difficult to do is realistically fake a developing read on someone, which this is a pretty classic example of.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2023, 11:16:30 pm »

Long story short, FoU should still be voting me as I’m engaging in classic scumtells (not asking questions of other people, only really engaging with people if they explicitly ask me questions, focusing on the person who was most pushing my case)

I think you're mistaking "classic" with "newbie". If even one player on the scumteam has any experience whatsoever, they should be able to avoid two-out-of-three of those tells.

...you're also describing Town!Knightwing, Town!Max, and Town!Vector.  ::)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2023, 11:16:38 pm »

I'm going to go out on a limb, and I could be wrong, but I feel like it's not notquitethere.

FallacyofUrist feels artificial.
I usually find NQT and FoU naturally scummy at least.

I really feel like there is high coordination between NQT and hector this game.  It feels highly w/w.
Maybe. I think Hector has sounded pretty genuine though. It's like...the opposite of how FoU and NQT make me feel.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2023, 11:18:43 pm »

Has FallacyOfUrist grabbed the spotlight?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 06, 2023, 11:19:15 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Knightwing64  --3-- Maximum Spin*, notquitethere*, Jim Groovester*,
-> notquitethere --3-- EuchreJack*, webadict*, FallacyofUrist*,
FallacyofUrist   --2-- TricMagic*, hector13*,
hector13         --1-- Knightwing64*,
Vector           --1-- ToonyMan*,
webadict         --1-- Vector*,
EuchreJack       --0--
Jim Groovester   --0--
Maximum Spin     --0--
ToonyMan         --0--
TricMagic        --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting       --0--

6 to Hammer. Day ends on January 07, 2023 at 19:00 Central Standard Time (20 hours and 40 minutes remaining.)

NOTE: In the event of a tie, the Mafia chooses the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 06, 2023, 11:23:34 pm »

Even this?

Also also, is it xenophobia if I am also British, but don’t like it?
I didn't know that. We should get a beer the next time you're in Hampshire.

I kinda see your point about the PMs but I can think of a few cases where it'd be worthwhile. Overall, wanting or not wanting to use them is NAI, right?
I don’t think I’ve ever been down that way. England was never really on the cards as a destination, though my school apparently thought Alton Towers was a good end of year reward for whatever bizarre points game they were playing. I also went to London twice and did not enjoy it, but I was there on my own in stressful circumstances (emigrating) and the second time heavily sleep deprived because for some reason there were no flights for the time in the morning I needed to be there so had to get the sleeper train down, which is a misnomer, as there was precious little of that going on.

My point with policy voting Brits was it’s just as arbitrary for policy voting Tric for being pants.

And yes, PMs or not is NAI, I just wanted to make sure y’all knew I’m not interested. It’s like third parties, they can go… away.
I see your handle even says you're Scottish. When I was a kid I lived up near Aberdeen (went to school in Ellon) for a bit. Moving to and from there was a long way to go. The last time I was in the vicinity was to climb Ben Nevis, but that was some time ago. In a chippie in Inverness I made sure to try the infamous deep fried Mars Bar.

Do Hector and NQT make this exchange if they're partners? Maybe it's a neat coincidence that they took advantage of, but this does look very natural to me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2023, 11:24:17 pm »

Essentially, he went from saying Knightwing was playing as normal to hard pushing Knightwing for execution with no provocation. That strikes me as scum striking for an easy execution.

You need to read closer. notquitethere's reads list is ranked from town to scum and Knightwing64 is ranked near the bottom.

I spot checked notquitethere's posts to see if FallacyofUrist's feelings on him held water.

I'm going to go out on a limb, and I could be wrong, but I feel like it's not notquitethere.

@Jim: Psst, if you vote Fallacy, I'll vote Fallacy too. How about it?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2023, 11:28:50 pm »

Long story short, FoU should still be voting me as I’m engaging in classic scumtells (not asking questions of other people, only really engaging with people if they explicitly ask me questions, focusing on the person who was most pushing my case)

I think you're mistaking "classic" with "newbie". If even one player on the scumteam has any experience whatsoever, they should be able to avoid two-out-of-three of those tells.

...you're also describing Town!Knightwing, Town!Max, and Town!Vector.  ::)

One thing FoU is not is new. He and I have been playing for years, it’s just he moved into modding a lot more than playing. He may be rusty,  but I don’t think that excuses his lack of action in this game.

I know he thinks highly of me, which is part of the reason he got away with his gut read on me for so long, but he’s done nothing to provide evidence for it and he hasn’t poked at his null reads either. The same could be said of me, which is why I don’t understand why he moved away from me.

KW and Vector are on my list of people to be wary of, but I can’t really do anything about that if they don’t post. Vector had a meteorological excuse, and has promised activity, and KW has given an excuse, reasonable or otherwise. Max is the least of my concerns right now, given he PM’d me vouching for webadict and I l have doubts he would do that as scum, but scum!Max does like the swag plays *shrug*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2023, 11:37:34 pm »

I usually find NQT and FoU naturally scummy at least.

Maybe. I think Hector has sounded pretty genuine though. It's like...the opposite of how FoU and NQT make me feel.
I'm in agreement that hector looks the best out of the two of them, but they feel pretty entangled to me.  hector seems excusable, so I'm totally fine not voting him out, since he's already got things going, but NQT doesn't appear to have the same excuse, and I find it odd that we have Knightwing up to vote here, and you're not doing much to stop it, Toony.  I feel like you kinda have a prerogative to step up and start directing people if you think Knightwing is Town.

Do you think Knightwing is Town?

I think NQT is a Dopp here, and I think there's some attempts to move that attention on NQT elsewhere.  I have no idea why Tric is trying to go after FoU, but I don't see who could possibly be on FoU's team if he's scum unless there's an active hit job by at least one of his teammates.

Do Hector and NQT make this exchange if they're partners? Maybe it's a neat coincidence that they took advantage of, but this does look very natural to me.
It's... literally not about the game except the PM part?  So yes?  I don't understand the issue.  That's not exactly game relevant information.  There's nothing inherently incriminating from either party in it that would point to the other as scum for doing that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2023, 11:43:11 pm »

One thing FoU is not is new. He and I have been playing for years, it’s just he moved into modding a lot more than playing. He may be rusty,  but I don’t think that excuses his lack of action in this game.
I actually think you should think of this differently.  FoU has rarely played Town in his many games.  He's not actually that great at Town.  You're putting an onus on him that seems to be far weightier than expected.  Not that I don't disagree that he's experienced, or that he should be better, but I kinda don't expect him to.  Is that fair?  I dunno.  But, it's how I feel.  It's why I think you're wrong.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2023, 11:52:50 pm »

I'm comfortable moving to notquitethere, tentatively. However, let me state for the record that Knightwing has failed to impress me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 07, 2023, 12:08:00 am »

I actually think you should think of this differently.  FoU has rarely played Town in his many games.  He's not actually that great at Town.  You're putting an onus on him that seems to be far weightier than expected.  Not that I don't disagree that he's experienced, or that he should be better, but I kinda don't expect him to.  Is that fair?  I dunno.  But, it's how I feel.  It's why I think you're wrong.

I’m not expecting greatness from him, ‘cause I’m certainly not playing to my best here either, but he expressed here knowledge of what he needed to do to help either clear up his gut read or provide evidence for it by reading the game, but I don’t think he’s done that.

I reread some of his posts and I feel I might be being harsh on him in terms of his gut read on me, but I don’t think my play has changed materially between me asking him about his read on me and his unvote.

I would love him to be town in the game because he’s a player from my “generation” as it were and I’ve had a lot of fun with him over the years, but I don’t see it

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 07, 2023, 12:39:46 am »

Are you guys having a weird fight?

Alright, maybe hector's in the up-and-up...  I'm willing to say he's probably Town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 07, 2023, 12:49:07 am »

I'm comfortable moving to notquitethere, tentatively. However, let me state for the record that Knightwing has failed to impress me.
How sure are you on Knightwing?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41