Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: (ISG) Cure  (Read 11769 times)

Kandi Apple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Cure
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2023, 08:10:11 am »

I'm voting for Boo!

+1

The concept of "BOOO!!!" And how that would be rendered is seriously tickling my warped sense of humor.   

There's usually clues in libraries... think Hermione and how she always finds answers in books... 

Ghosts could be friend or foe so proceed with caution.   After all, they could be the souls of previous prisoners...

This detail is 1) amazing. 2) closest ghost to hero. 3) looks upset about something so possibly the one to attempt communication with?   
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 11:44:03 am by Kandi Apple »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2023, 01:13:29 pm »

(Personally, I very much enjoyed the architecture and furniture of this library. It's... baroque, majestic and overall geometry is very believable. Lovely!)

Speaking of which, seems that I missed that between stairs leading upwards, there is a stairway to a level below, obscured by perspective. I wonder if we should go up or down, then. Probably up; the way up seems grander , while the way down doesn't feature decorative handrails and probably leads to the basement or a storage area of some kind. Plus, it's generally easier to escape from above-ground rooms than dungeons.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2023, 02:22:22 pm »

Our critter is an excellent judge of character, and it says this is dangerous and we shouldn't go here.

Is there another doorway or hall we could go down instead?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2023, 11:52:21 pm »

Our critter is an excellent judge of character

Yes!  Listen to the critter…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2023, 12:45:38 am »

Tired of being paranoid-persona, lemmie do something different...

Courage! Just get across as quickly as possible without contact, and up the steps.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2023, 02:12:26 pm »

Ichigo's internal brainstorm time! Do we *need* anything here? Do you think we could turn back and look for another exit, at the other end of the winding hallway? I don't know what's happening here, but if they can physically interact and read the books, they can see and physically interact with us, which means we probably won't be able to sneak past them just by being silent.
Our critter is an excellent judge of character, and it says this is dangerous and we shouldn't go here.

Is there another doorway or hall we could go down instead?

You consider what options you have aside from exploring this library.  You’d like to just go another way, but the only exit aside from the stairs seems to be the one you just came through, and there weren’t any side passages in the hallway; the only alternative would be to return to the prison area, and travel away in the direction the quiet monster had gone.  That doesn’t seem like a better option--the ghosts are scary, but not as scary as whatever that thing was.  You think.

…You pause for a few seconds, watching and listening to the library ghosts.  One of them, to the right in front of a bookcase, is pacing as it walks.  It doesn’t make any sound as it does so.  Okay, yeah, the monster isn’t one of these ghosts, they’re totally silent.  That’s… not as comforting as you wish it were.  You nervously check behind yourself to make sure there isn’t one behind you.

(Must. Resist. Shouting. "Booo!"..)

[...]

(Seriously, though, I give it about 16.6% chance that a good, willpower-filled "Booo!" might magically drive them away. And 83.4% that it'll turn everyone's attention to us, immediately skipping the doomed sneaking attempt! :D )
+1

The concept of "BOOO!!!" And how that would be rendered is seriously tickling my warped sense of humor.

Hehehe… That would be pretty funny, if the ghosts did get scared and run away.  Ghosts are supposed to be the ones scaring people and saying boo, not getting scared.  But… yeah, it’s not a good idea.  They probably wouldn’t get scared.  The best you could hope for would be no reaction, really.  And maybe the reaction would be suddenly dogpiling yourself before ripping your soul out.  Ugh, yeah, you have to take this seriously…

Allison squeezes your hand, and you turn back to look at her.  Them.  Whatever.

“Are you okay, Miss Kitty?” The right head, the shy one, quietly asks.  They both look up at you worriedly.

Put a finger to our mouth and indicate to Allison that we have to be entirely quiet. Hold her hand firmly and reassuringly as we go.

Silently and unobtrusively cross the room to the exit up the stairway, never coming close to or standing in the path of a ghostly figure.

5. +1 to getting the hell out of here (and doing so in such a way as to avoid being detected).

You immediately shush them, and whisper that they have to be entirely quiet.  And then you add, slightly quieter, that they shouldn’t even whisper.  The two turn towards each other, sharing a look that you can’t divine the meaning of, then they nod obediently.  You stare at them for a few more seconds, trying to decide if you need to say more, or if that would just be even stupider after you told them not to say anything.

dash across as quick as you can. We shouldn't stay in this room any longer than we absolutely have to.
Tired of being paranoid-persona, lemmie do something different...

Courage! Just get across as quickly as possible without contact, and up the steps.

…Bah!  They’re fine!  You start walking towards the stairs, gritting your teeth as you listen to Allison’s quiet footsteps right behind you.  They’re very quiet, almost as quiet as your own, but in the silence of this place they’re as crisp and clear as a bell.  You are very aware of how much you stick out here, and just try to not think about it as you walk past the ghost.  And keep an eye on the nearest ghost, just in case it tries something.

It seems lost in thought, just standing there and thinking.  It’s not still, it’s restlessly shifting back and forth, but it doesn’t seem to notice you.  You creep past, keeping your eyes on it, until… it turns, looking back up at you.  You freeze, your mind suddenly overrun with a feeling of impending doom, knowing this terrible monster is about to rip your soul out of your eyes.  It raises its hand towards you and--

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
sincerely,

ih oh

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2023, 04:06:49 pm »

just smile and wave, girls. just smile and wave.
(then keep walking)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2023, 04:21:04 pm »

(then keep walking)

+1
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2023, 06:12:13 pm »

( Ahaha, I don't even. ^_^"; )

(then keep walking)

+1
+1, probably.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2023, 08:02:12 pm »

Screw it, say hi. Quietly; this is a library.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2023, 02:10:52 am »

( Ahaha, I don't even. ^_^"; )

(then keep walking)

+1
+1, probably.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kandi Apple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2023, 07:45:07 am »

BE BRAVE!   Are the books real?   Maybe there is information to be gained?  Maybe ask for help?  May have to air write it??  Maybe ask the ghosty to point to the exit?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2023, 02:01:57 am »

BE BRAVE!   Are the books real?   Maybe there is information to be gained?  Maybe ask for help?  May have to air write it??  Maybe ask the ghosty to point to the exit?
+1 Might as well look since these guys seem friendly.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2023, 01:07:20 am »

... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2023, 10:03:52 am »

Screw it, say hi. Quietly; this is a library.

You wave to the ghost nervously, quietly saying hi.  You almost add a request to not eat or kill you, but decide against it.  The ghost nods... approvingly?  It's hard to interpret its behavior without any sound or visible details like facial expressions.  Or a face at all.  But it seems nonhostile, which is better than you expected?

The ghost abruptly turns and walks away, marching silently towards one of the isles between bookshelves.  You sigh, your tense body relaxing a little, though you still feel awkward.  You expected more to happen.  Even just a response.  You're happy the ghost isn't attacking you, but it still feels bad to have someone just walk away suddenly like that.  You watch as it walks, internally debating whether you should just leave.  You think that's probably a better idea... but if the ghost were dangerous, you'd probably already have been attacked, right?

Those are good points.  The ghost doesn't seem dangerous, and you seem to be able to communicate with it to some extent, so maybe asking it for help would work?  It's easy to imagine that it would know the way out, or that there could be useful information in this library.  There's not a lot of reason to not look around, if you're not in danger.

Nervously, you start following the ghost, deciding the risk is worth it.  You can just run if something happens.  Allison hesitates, then takes your hand and follows a step behind you.

When you peek around the corner, the ghost is facing back towards you, beckoning.  It seems to gesture to the bookshelf, or maybe one of the books?  You're not sure.  Should you get closer?  Or maybe break your silence and ask questions from a relatively safe distance?  You're not actually certain the ghosts can hear or understand you...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 09:42:34 am by saki »
sincerely,

ih oh
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13