Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: (ISG) Cure  (Read 11736 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Cure
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2023, 07:32:39 pm »

Okay, Ichigo vote!

Is the ghost friendly, recognised us, and wants to help us by giving a book?

Or is picking up a book from this library (or even looking at a bookshelf with interest) how all these ghosts were trapped here in the first place, and this ghost is merely luring us to share that fate?

I think both interpretations are valid.

((Aww, flustered Ichigo from the first two panels! *^_^* ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2023, 02:21:24 am »

I say we go over and see what he's trying to show us.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2023, 03:04:04 am »

+1, just don’t touch anything right yet…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2023, 04:43:03 am »

Tell Alison to Go check it out!

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2023, 08:41:12 am »

... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2023, 05:52:15 pm »

Tell Alison to Go check it out!

You hesitate a moment before you start walking towards the ghost, Allison's hand, in yours.  You're not even entirely sure why you took her hand; Allison doesn't seem to be worried, or foolish enough to run off.  You just... feel better this way.

As you get closer, the ghost beckons, then points to a specific book on the bookshelf.  As you watch, it tries to pull the book away from the shelf, but its transparent finger just drifts right through the book.  The ghost tries again, then gestures to you.

That's... strange.  Several of the other ghosts had books.  Transparent books yes, ghostly like them, but you assumed the books came from the shelves.  Maybe it wants you to pull the book out for it, so it can read, or something...

Well... you don't really see how this could be a trap.  You reach for the book, keeping your eyes on the ghost just in case it tries something...

The book is difficult to pull free.  It's almost like it's being held there, squeezed against the edge of the shelf, even though it's clearly not.  You have to pull surprisingly hard to make it come free--and then suddenly the resistance is gone, and the book is in your hands.  You start to look at it, the cover blank, without any markings.

Then you jump, the stone wall in front of you making a strange high-pitched noise, like a long note from an instrument falling into a chasm.  A square of stone pushes away from the wall, then slides upward, the sound growing quieter as it rises.  And then it stops, a dark tunnel left behind.

The ghost turns to you and gestures oddly, bowing a little and touching its temple with a finger, then walks briskly towards the new passage.  You nervously grip the book you took with your free hand, your other one still gripping Allison's hand.  You feel shaken by the sudden sound of the lifting stone, but Allison is unperturbed, waving to the ghost as it disappears into the passageway.

...Why did the ghost need you to open the way?  Can't ghosts walk through walls?
sincerely,

ih oh

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2023, 08:17:02 pm »

Maybe, but I don't think you can walk through walls.  The jail experience would be a lot easier if you could.  The ghost probably just knew how to open the door, and wasn't strong enough to move the book for you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2023, 10:02:59 pm »

Can we walk through walls???? I mean if we could it would be really handy, we should test it!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2023, 01:47:28 am »

See what's in the book then follow after the ghost.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2023, 01:55:28 am »

Can we walk through walls???? I mean if we could it would be really handy, we should test it!
+1

+1 to this, too.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2023, 02:11:58 am »

+1
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2023, 04:59:57 am »

+1

+1 to this, too.
+1 on both accounts! It is totally going to end well.  ;D
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2023, 01:48:03 am »

+1

Kandi Apple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2023, 09:35:07 am »

+1

Oh boy... if one must, do it VERY GENTLY!!  We can't risk damage!! 

Usually, bookcase latches are *dummy* books made out of a block to hide the switch so doubt that particular book has a clue.  It might be useful to block the entry way from fully closing behind us?  That could be good or bad.   It could alert the monster to where we went should it come looking while also keeping us from being trapped should we need a quick retreat...  I'm becoming as fearful as our adorable leader here!!  Yikes!!
 BE BRAVE  Follow the ghosty and hope for the best.

ADVENTURE AWAITS!!!

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2023, 10:48:37 am »

Uhm.  You don't think you can walk through walls.  But... then again, you do have really bad amnesia.  Maybe you've forgotten.  Or... maybe you are actually a ghost.  That would explain a lot.

...This still feels really stupid.  But lots of smart things seem stupid at first, right?

Owww... No, that was stupid.  You clutch your throbbing forehead with your free hand as Allison gives you a concerned look.  You briefly consider explaining yourself to Allison, but decide against it.  You're just going to try and forget you ever did this...

Right, the book.  You thought it would be a dummy, but it actually seems to be a proper book, with pages and everything.  A quick inspection of the cover doesn't reveal any mechanisms or anything, either.  You wonder how the system to keep the secret door closed works.

The book itself is full of... art?  You're not really sure what to call this.  It's a completely senseless collection of vauge images.  You flip through several pages, but they're all similar, though depicting totally different things.  The drawings unsettle you a little, although... they're also familiar?  Or nostalgic?  Like picking up a toy you forgot you had when you were a child.

It's very strange.  You have no idea what this book is actually depicting.  But you feel like you used to know.  Maybe it's related to something from your past, which you've forgotten?  You really don't know...

You glance up while considering it.  The ghost doesn't seem to have waited for you.  Though it wasn't going that fast, you can probably catch up easily.
sincerely,

ih oh
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13