Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: (ISG) Cure  (Read 11770 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Cure
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2023, 06:06:11 pm »

"Look, I don't know where we are, but here is bad.  I implore you to leave with me."

"After all, three heads are better than two."

Lets continue on out of here.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 02:12:28 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2023, 01:34:02 am »

((You may want to suggest to Ichigo what is "reassuring" in this situation.  The most reassuring would probably be promising her things... but Ichigo won't go making promises without direct suggestions to do so.))
Just say "Reassuring words." in a calming way.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2023, 11:52:20 pm »

She told us her name, we should introduce ourselves as well... start with that.

Say something reassuring

+1
We don't know any more than these two do, but at least now we can figure it out together?

"Look, I don't know where we are, but here is bad.  I implore you to leave with me."

"After all, three heads are better than two."

Lets continue on out of here.

"Okay, Allison.  You... you'll be okay.  My name is Ichigo, I'll keep you safe.  I don't know how to get you back to England, and I don't know where we are, but... er, it'll be okay.  We'll figure out what's going on together, okay?  Three heads are better than two."

You internally cringe at your own words as you stumble through them, trying to be reassuring.  But the girl does seem to calm down somewhat, the nervous side shivering less.  They both nod, in unison.  The left one says "Okay", and they both give you an imploring look.  You realize they're looking to you for guidance.

Say something reassuring then look in their cell, maybe they had something useful in there and they didn't notice it.
And check the pot!

And ask the girl if she found anything in the cell. Did she find the bear in this place? If so, politely ask to check it for pockets or unusual items.

If she did, and if the teddy bear was hiding in her pot, then maybe there is a pattern here. A comfort animal for every prisoner, tailored to their culture and psychological needs...

((Happy New Year, everyone! :) ))

Alright, yeah, you should check.  Maybe there's something important in the pot, like this little pink creature?  You ask her about the pot in her cell, if she found anything inside.

"The pot?  Uhh, no, it didn't have anything.  It's just a pot?" her left head says.

"I think it's for poop..." the right head says.  The other one makes an odd little motion, bumping her temple against her companion's, and they both go silent.  Watching you.  It's slightly unsettling.

"Are you sure?" you ask them, then looking down to the teddy bear.  "Where did you find that?  Was it in your cell?"

Allison squeezes the bear a little, clearly nervous under your interrogation.  "No..." the left head ventures slowly.  "He's ours... Mom made him.  He came with us.  You won't take him away, will you?"

You shake your head no, then look over her head, at her cell.  Briefly you consider checking, yourself, but you don't think she's lying.  And you're still worried about that monster coming back.  There's the dark thought that you would only have to run faster than Allison, but you feel guilty the moment it enters your mind.  You sigh, and look down at the two-headed girl.

"Okay, we need to go.  This place is dangerous, there's some kind of monster prowling around.  I won't hurt you or your bear, but that thing will, so we've gotta run, okay?  And if you see it, don't stop, just flee, right away, you understand?"

Both of Allison's heads nod, the right one's eyes dropping nervously.  The other returns your gaze, listening intently, though she's clearly scared too.

"Okay" she says, her voice lowering to a whisper.  "I'll follow you."

Right, that's good.  You look around.  The monster hasn't returned, and you can't hear anything.  You're still afraid, but maybe it won't actually come back?  Your conversation certainly gave it plenty of time to return, if it heard you or Allison.  Is there anything else you should do here before you leave?

sincerely,

ih oh

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2023, 02:07:16 am »

No need to linger our current mission requires us to leave.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2023, 09:33:54 am »

Close the cell door, then leave. A wide open cell door looks immediately suspicious, while mere absence of cell's occupant might not be noticed so quickly. After all, we made sure that the jailor didn't see us in the cell, and it didn't immediately check on us when passing by, did it?

We closed our own cell's door, right?

+1. Leave and quietly make haste looking for the exit from the dungeon.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2023, 03:21:08 pm »

Close the cell door, then leave. A wide open cell door looks immediately suspicious, while mere absence of cell's occupant might not be noticed so quickly. After all, we made sure that the jailor didn't see us in the cell, and it didn't immediately check on us when passing by, did it?

+1
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2023, 02:02:33 am »

+1 To shutting the door.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2023, 10:42:01 am »

+1 To shutting the door.

...No.  You were too anxious and worried about the monster to think about that, and your mind is still disoriented with that prickling feeling.  You hurriedly tell Allison to stay put, then you go back to your door and shut it.

You don't relock the door, but it looks fine like this?  You don't think someone walking past would notice, and that monster might not even be smart enough to know.  You hope, at least.  You never actually saw it.

...Really, you hope you don't ever see it.  It would be nice if it just left, and you never encounter anything scary again.  But that's just wishful thinking.  You're probably going to run into something dangerous at some point, and you'll just... have to find a way to protect yourself, and Allison.

You return to the anxious two-headed girl, telling her that you were just making sure nobody would come after the two of you.  She nods with both heads, and you internally cringe, wondering if you should've said the three of you.  You try not to think about it, and just hurry them along towards the door at the end of the hallway.  Luckily, it isn't locked.

The hallway beyond is dark, the torches along the walls unlit.  The only light is from somewhere up ahead; the hallway curves to the left, out of view.  You pause for a few seconds, scanning the floor and walls for danger, your ears open for any sound... but the hallway is deathly silent, and entirely empty.  Nodding, more to yourself than to Allison, you take your young companion's hand and lead her down the steps.  You don't say anything, but Allison seems to understand that she shoulds stay quiet as she follows.

Once you cross through the hallway and see where it leads... you stop, frozen in place, as you look around:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
sincerely,

ih oh

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2023, 01:23:07 pm »

Despite how many there are, there's not a whisper of sound in the entire place.  It gives the air a heavy, otherworldly feeling.  You do not belong here, whatever this place is.

(Must. Resist. Shouting. "Booo!"..)

Ichigo's internal brainstorm time! Do we *need* anything here? Do you think we could turn back and look for another exit, at the other end of the winding hallway? I don't know what's happening here, but if they can physically interact and read the books, they can see and physically interact with us, which means we probably won't be able to sneak past them just by being silent.

(Seriously, though, I give it about 16.6% chance that a good, willpower-filled "Booo!" might magically drive them away. And 83.4% that it'll turn everyone's attention to us, immediately skipping the doomed sneaking attempt! :D )
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Kandi Apple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2023, 08:54:19 pm »

First, awesome job rendering that library!!  The curving hall was really well done but the library is truly an architectural masterpiece!
I'm clueless currently on any decent move suggestions.  The critter being scared isn't a positive.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2023, 09:41:41 pm »

Despite how many there are, there's not a whisper of sound in the entire place.  It gives the air a heavy, otherworldly feeling.  You do not belong here, whatever this place is.

(Must. Resist. Shouting. "Booo!"..)

Ichigo's internal brainstorm time! Do we *need* anything here? Do you think we could turn back and look for another exit, at the other end of the winding hallway? I don't know what's happening here, but if they can physically interact and read the books, they can see and physically interact with us, which means we probably won't be able to sneak past them just by being silent.

(Seriously, though, I give it about 16.6% chance that a good, willpower-filled "Booo!" might magically drive them away. And 83.4% that it'll turn everyone's attention to us, immediately skipping the doomed sneaking attempt! :D )

1.  -1 to shouting “Booo!”.

2.  We don’t *need* anything here.

3.  I don’t think we can sneak past them.

4.  They appear to only be interacting with “ghostly” versions of things.  I think they might be spirits and might have the ability to “rip” the spirit version of something from it’s corporeal shell.

5. +1 to getting the hell out of here (and doing so in such a way as to avoid being detected).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 09:43:33 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2023, 11:10:14 pm »

1.  -1 to shouting “Booo!”.

2.  We don’t *need* anything here.

3.  I don’t think we can sneak past them.

4.  They appear to only be interacting with “ghostly” versions of things.  I think they might be spirits and might have the ability to “rip” the spirit version of something from it’s corporeal shell.

5. +1 to getting the hell out of here (and doing so in such a way as to avoid being detected).

Right! Thanks for pointing out, I missed that they're holding the ghostly copies of books.

Maybe then sounds are the only way of truly rousing their attention (it's a library, after all), so if we remain completely silent they might not notice us walking past. At least, I believe Ichigo's head is in the lower-left corner, so we should already be very close and theoretically in plain sight of the nearest ghostly readers, if they ever bothered looking up/away from their research. Let's not give them any reason to.

(I knew there was a sound-related mechanic to this puzzle! :P )

Put a finger to our mouth and indicate to Allison that we have to be entirely quiet. Hold her hand firmly and reassuringly as we go.

Silently and unobtrusively cross the room to the exit up the stairway, never coming close to or standing in the path of a ghostly figure.
Past Sigs

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2023, 02:09:31 am »

Put a finger to our mouth and indicate to Allison that we have to be entirely quiet. Hold her hand firmly and reassuringly as we go.

Silently and unobtrusively cross the room to the exit up the stairway, never coming close to or standing in the path of a ghostly figure.

+1

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2023, 03:56:43 am »

dash across as quick as you can. We shouldn't stay in this room any longer than we absolutely have to.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2023, 04:53:10 am »

I'm voting for Boo!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13