Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 238

Author Topic: Funniest Names  (Read 776317 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Names
« Reply #2610 on: November 15, 2012, 01:37:41 am »

"The First Surprise," the priest of "The Church of Villages." I was surprised it wasn't as stupid as most titles, for sure.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: November 15, 2012, 02:58:08 pm »

My best adventurer I'd ever had was named Flickerfresh, which I quickly named him "MC Flickerfresh"
Unf.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: December 02, 2012, 05:15:44 pm »

How could this thread lose steam like that? I'mma just give it a kickstart.

Starting a new fort in a world where it's dwarves versus orcs, pandamen, goblins, and several other aggressive races. no other trading caravans but dorfs.

This fort, located deep in the rainforest by three rivers and a small lake, shall become a great figure of dwarven military power against the forces of...all those other races.

This fort, deemed by the Random Number God, shall be "ComedySacks", a fort for the dwarves of the Freckly Abbey. I didn't even know DF had an adjective like freckly.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Lazerlatté

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: December 02, 2012, 05:35:57 pm »

One adventurer I made I was gonna give a name that translated to Heavy Weaponsguy. Y'know, like from TF2? I couldn't find either weapons or guy for his last name, so I decided to name him Heavy Steelfists. Couldn't find fists either. So I ended up naming him Heavy Steelbuttocks xD

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: December 02, 2012, 06:14:34 pm »

"Urist Slopwomen."
and then
"Kisnast KissBalls"
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:38:40 pm by Scootagoose »
Unf.

Tamber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • FurryHelix
« Reply #2615 on: December 04, 2012, 04:48:16 am »

"Slos Fleshcave"
I see !!elves!! of green, and red !!magma!! too; I see them burn for me and you; and I think to myself, what a wonderful world...

Garn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: December 05, 2012, 10:15:00 am »

I found a place called The Swamp of Pregnancy

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: December 06, 2012, 09:31:01 pm »

The Blunt Band, which founded Taughtblunts, which was attacked by the giant jaguar Lensblunt.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: December 07, 2012, 12:15:22 am »

"The Drinking Hells", a randomly named dwarf group which founded my most recent fort.

It fits the dorfs well.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2619 on: December 07, 2012, 01:26:08 pm »

I just found a book called "Traditional Human" (written by a human necromancer who apparently does not care for all that newfangled tomfoolery).

EDIT: In the same world, the book "The Boss: My Only Mistake" - written by another human necromancer, possibly the inventor of menial jobs?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:31:07 pm by Sappho »

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: December 08, 2012, 04:06:15 pm »

I slept on a beach as to avoid bogeymen, and a couple hours after I fell asleep I was attacked by a lion named

"Lirum Ballplay"

Since I was an elf, and I had a crappy cedar shortsword, I ran away laughing.

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: December 09, 2012, 05:43:14 pm »

This adventurer's RNG last name was bizarrely wrong to start with, then the nickname kicked in...

Talia Fondlesquirt, the Fair Crypts of Passion

???

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: December 10, 2012, 12:16:33 am »

In fortress mode, one of my engravers made an engraving of the foundation of the fortress. The name of the engraving? "The Turquoise Anus."
Looks like somebody had been eating the bright-turquoise bubble bulbs form the mountains before parking the wagon outside.

He made a number of other engraving of it's foundation/the trip up to it. Those engravings depicting the journey to the site include "The Bewildering Bog," "The Fuchsia Castle," "The Book of Fathers," and "The Springs of Soothing." Quite the journey. One other engraving of the initial construction was called "The Foggy Responsibility."

There is also "The Fell of Climaxes," an engraving by the same author of my mayor embracing a pair of floating guts.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:53:11 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: December 15, 2012, 12:02:37 am »

The Random Water, quite possibly the most fitting name for an evil saltwater lake ever.

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: December 16, 2012, 11:28:24 am »

There is also "The Fell of Climaxes," an engraving by the same author of my mayor embracing a pair of floating guts.
Surely a pair of floating guts would strike a fell blow to any potential climaxes nearby?
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 238