Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Mercenary Shootout Mafia - Game Over - Healing Kinda Busted  (Read 15902 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary Shootout Mafia (5 / 7) - Phase 3 - Bloody Pyre
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2023, 11:13:21 pm »

So, the Flamethrower alone would not have killed Tric.  I didn't shoot Tric, so who did?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2023, 11:14:20 pm »

Also: Someone shot me.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2023, 03:30:55 am »

Alright, five players, one of them is me. I need to rank a1s, Knightwing64, webadict, and EuchreJack in terms of who I want dead.

It could be EuchreJack, but this really feels like normal manic town EuchreJack.

Everything about how a1s plays makes me think they are completely new to mafia and don't know how to play. I suspect they shot EuchreJack and TricMagic with their machinegun which if they are town could probably be categorized as some of the worst town decision making in recent memory. I feel like a1s is making a lot of classic mistakes that town players make in their very first game, like blaming people who mislynched for mislynching and having completely off base assumptions about how scum normally go about playing mafia. Hesitating when pressed to suspect people is a classic mistake new players make in their first scum game though, but I think a1s' general behavior points to newness from a town perspective rather than from a scum perspective.

webadict doesn't seem as energetic or as invested in this game compared to other games with lengthier phases and his presence here has been somewhat lackluster.

I love how you guys teamed up to kill a townie, but somehow you're not on the list of suspects.
I mean, it's kinda stupid, you teaming up like that, but is it just stupid enough to work?
What are people's thoughts on this post?
Scum.

I feel like this isn't a good post from webadict's perspective. Is scum the correct conclusion to reach about a1s here? I don't think so, and I generally think webadict is a sophisticated enough player to recognize between scum play and new play, but in fairness webadict and I might not have the same opinions about what tells a player makes when they are new versus when they are scum.

We also have NO evidence that Web actually shot Jim. It's the fatal flaw in this setup.
Here's the thing:

Even if I didn't shoot Jim, that means I either did nothing, I shot Max, or I'm a Sniper, and I'm damage prepping, unless you think I'm out there healing people before they got injured.  The only reason that matters is if you think Jim and I are a team.  Do you think there is sufficient evidence for this claim?

The real issue is that a1s can't be proven to even be a Machine Gunner and could be holding a Cannon or something else.  Not shooting at Night is super scummy because it indicates that you either shot someone that died and didn't claim it, or you are holding a cannon and are saving shots.

webadict conveniently argues for me that he and I are not on a team, which I think is a pretty valuable thing to bring up at this stage in the game for people who are not me. webadict makes an interesting point about a1s being scummy because they didn't shoot anybody on Phase 1, which is something that also applies to Knightwing64.

Knightwing64 has done jack shit except complain that people want him to play so in general it's the stellar play we normally expect from him. This is Knightwing64's most substantive post:

Ah yes, lead a charge while deflecting any suspicion through unofficially making yourself town leader.

I don’t trust it, Tric is never this coherent

TricMagic

Of course, it's incorrect with the benefit of hindsight but I also don't think it's a reasonable judgment to make at the stage in the game it was made.

I think given these choices I always shoot webadict here, and then after him probably Knightwing64. If it's not those two then I lose and bring shame to both myself for losing and to ToonyMan for summoning his spirit and failing him.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2023, 04:20:42 am »

FUCK

I missed it again

I know that’s suspicious too, Bruh

days go by too fast

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2023, 06:23:06 am »

I suspect they shot EuchreJack and TricMagic with their machinegun which if they are town could probably be categorized as some of the worst town decision making in recent memory.
Actually I shot Tric and webadict. Because they shot me. That's not cool. Even with my armor vest I'm now at 1 HP. which I would also be at if I was a traitor. I ask again "WTF kind of play it is to deal 7 DMG to a suspect, if that only and specifically kills them if they are loyalist?" Since Tric is now dead, I would like Jack to explain it. Without calling me dumb, please.

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2023, 12:19:00 pm »

I suspect they shot EuchreJack and TricMagic with their machinegun which if they are town could probably be categorized as some of the worst town decision making in recent memory.
Actually I shot Tric and webadict. Because they shot me. That's not cool. Even with my armor vest I'm now at 1 HP. which I would also be at if I was a traitor. I ask again "WTF kind of play it is to deal 7 DMG to a suspect, if that only and specifically kills them if they are loyalist?" Since Tric is now dead, I would like Jack to explain it. Without calling me dumb, please.
As for me, I have only shot you once with the Semi-Auto Pistol for one damage at end of Phase 1. I suspected you were scum at that time, and wanted to determine to what degree you would obtain damage. Read the abilities if you wonder why I would do that.

You seem quite new at this game. You're actually quite lucky: First time players on this board usually get voted out at the end of the first day as suspected scum. Tric and I suspected you of being scum. But as you can see, I am now figuring out that you are just new.

I really don't think Tric was doing any math. He's also confirmed town because he's dead, so venting on him isn't productive.

Sorry, I gotta go to work now, but I'll check in and if you got any questions, let me know.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2023, 12:58:25 pm »

@Web: Who do you think is the scumteam?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2023, 04:00:13 pm »

With this much conversation we will surely find the traitors and shoot them.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2023, 04:08:53 pm »

With this much conversation we will surely find the traitors and shoot them.
Someone is reading my mind...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2023, 04:11:36 pm »

I mean, Web didn't even impersonate Toony!  Holy indifference, Batman!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2023, 04:30:49 pm »

As for me, I have only shot you once with the Semi-Auto Pistol for one damage at end of Phase 1. I suspected you were scum at that time, and wanted to determine to what degree you would obtain damage. Read the abilities if you wonder why I would do that.
This proves is that I don't have "evasive". Doesn't say anything about my alignment though.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2023, 04:49:48 pm »

I think we're at the point point where loyalists need to start correctly coordinating their fire in order to win the game.

So if you're a loyalist shoot webadict.

TricMagic, shoot, I dunno, whoever. I'd like it if you shot Knightwing64 and chipped him down a little.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2023, 07:32:38 pm »

Wacky behavior

Why are we shooting Web?

When does day end?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2023, 07:38:15 pm »

Phase 3 ends in approximately 1 hour and 22 minutes. Please send in your actions by then if you have not already done so.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2023, 07:44:26 pm »

Sorry, busy day, and... busy.  This was a terrible week to play, and I won't be here for the same amount of time Tomorrow.

a1s, you're saying you shot Tric and I, but that's a preemptive defense for an action that hadn't happened, so your defense doesn't make any sense.

Jim, did you shoot me last Night?

Knightwing, I don't believe you.  There's no way that you did no action twice.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22