Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Mercenary Shootout Mafia - Game Over - Healing Kinda Busted  (Read 15871 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary Shootout Mafia (6 / 7) - Phase 2 - Quick Escalation
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2023, 06:23:07 pm »

Jack, I will shoot you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2023, 06:23:19 pm »

Phase 2 ends in approximately 2 hours and 37 minutes. Please send in your actions before then if you have not already done so.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2023, 06:32:26 pm »

Jack, you really can't just come in, say a1s is town, triplepost, and then leave without any explanation.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2023, 06:36:31 pm »

Web, go ahead and shoot a1s. Action is set for me. Cause it's bedtime. What the hell Jack?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2023, 06:38:24 pm »

We also have NO evidence that Web actually shot Jim. It's the fatal flaw in this setup.

MY MISSING HP IS THE EVIDENCE

Mafiaso wouldn't be wasting time trying to argue with Jim/Web.

This argument is a non sequitur.

Wait a minute...are you REALLY that dumb?

Take it easy, friend.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2023, 06:42:44 pm »

I kind of feel like every time I type a post I dig myself in deeper. :-\

I take offense at how you phrased that, but... yeah, probably.

@a1s: Read this link, tell me why you're stupid, and maybe I won't shoot you.
Alright, let me try to puzzle this out:
You might think that killing max proved he was town (and it did, in a way) but even if he remained standing that would have proven nothing, since armor exists.
You might think you can't use primary and secondary on the same person, but it doesn't say you can't.
You might think that doing 8 damage is the same as doing 7, but in that case why even shoot me at all?
You might think armor prevents 2 damage, so if I had armor I would shrug off the damage. But that's not how armor works.
You might think that a med-kit can tell you if the target has 9HPMax, but AFAIK it can't. it either heals you, or it doesn't.
What am I missing?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2023, 06:45:48 pm »

I kind of feel like every time I type a post I dig myself in deeper. :-\

I take offense at how you phrased that, but... yeah, probably.

@a1s: Read this link, tell me why you're stupid, and maybe I won't shoot you.
Alright, let me try to puzzle this out:
You might think that killing max proved he was town (and it did, in a way) but even if he remained standing that would have proven nothing, since armor exists.
You might think you can't use primary and secondary on the same person, but it doesn't say you can't.
You might think that doing 8 damage is the same as doing 7, but in that case why even shoot me at all?
You might think armor prevents 2 damage, so if I had armor I would shrug off the damage. But that's not how armor works.
You might think that a med-kit can tell you if the target has 9HPMax, but AFAIK it can't. it either heals you, or it doesn't.
What am I missing?

Sigh, it doesn't matter now, since Tric & Web are going to shoot you, but do you know how mafia work in this game?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2023, 06:51:51 pm »

I do.
They have 2 extra HP, an extra ability that only mafias have and a discord chat. What's the crucial detail that I miss?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2023, 06:54:33 pm »

We also have NO evidence that Web actually shot Jim. It's the fatal flaw in this setup.
Here's the thing:

Even if I didn't shoot Jim, that means I either did nothing, I shot Max, or I'm a Sniper, and I'm damage prepping, unless you think I'm out there healing people before they got injured.  The only reason that matters is if you think Jim and I are a team.  Do you think there is sufficient evidence for this claim?

The real issue is that a1s can't be proven to even be a Machine Gunner and could be holding a Cannon or something else.  Not shooting at Night is super scummy because it indicates that you either shot someone that died and didn't claim it, or you are holding a cannon and are saving shots.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2023, 07:04:09 pm »

Alright, I'm going to bed. Please don't take my silence to be the admission of guilt.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2023, 09:16:44 pm »

Processing Phase 2 actions.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenary Shootout Mafia (5 / 7) - Phase 3 - Bloody Pyre
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2023, 10:56:38 pm »

The morning sees a new ghastly sight join the several you've already seen over the past few days - TricMagic's tent is burning, a funeral pyre unjustly inflicted.

TricMagic was incinerated with a Flamethrower.

Eventually the flames die down, and there's enough left of his belongings to determine that TricMagic was a Loyalist.

You swear, though, that you can see his finger twitch slowly on the shotgun he holds with a deathly grip...

(Primary) Double Barrel Shotgun: You shoot your target for 3 damage.
(Secondary) Signal Flare: Your target is Marked for this phase. A Marked target does not benefit from Cover.
(Passive) Vengeful: You may use either a Primary or a Secondary ability the phase after your death.

Phase 3 has begun. Please send in your actions before Phase 3 ends at 8 PM Wednesday, Central time. You may now post and discuss the situation, as long as you are not dead.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2023, 11:04:40 pm »

TricMagic, please hold your fire.

Anyways, surprise, people who tried to shoot me, I'm still alive.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2023, 11:07:21 pm »

Spirit of ToonyMan, please come to my aid so that I can successfully clutch this game out.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2023, 11:10:51 pm »

Dis is ToonyMan, I'm listening...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22