Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Irritan Anam - Steam Release Succession Fort!  (Read 20075 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Irritan Anam - Steam Release Succession Fort!
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2022, 04:18:26 pm »

oh yeah feel free to throw me back on the list. Forgot to ask
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Noagga76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2022, 08:36:12 pm »

So for funsies I decided to peek around the Legends of our world. Suffice to say, I found the most lore rich, most fascinating, most..POWERFUL figure of all.
Gotta watch out for this one, could take down the whole fort.

daeizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2022, 09:59:22 pm »

Maybe a preemptive invasion of Craftsmoths should be considered.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2022, 08:41:08 am »

the donkey

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2022, 01:57:47 am »

Now we just need The Donkey to make friends with an ogre.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2022, 02:20:18 pm »

15th of Hematite, year 102

The early days of summer have passed without any particular events. Peaceful days like these are the best. Today, a gem setter known as Shem Durid, or "tonnot98" claimed a jeweler's workshop, eyes crazed.

20th of Hematite, year 102
Perhaps tonnot98 was too worried about the dangers of the depths, it is a fear than affects us all, yet one we must conquer as dwarves. Today he presented Shecedthedak, an almandine hatch cover. A beautiful item, yet it also bore an ominous sign. tonnot98 had adorned his masterpiece with tiny figures in hemp straw. Starved men, clawing at an image of the hatch cover itself. I got shivers from the sight, but nonetheless we had been blessed with a true treasure for the fortress. At the end of this day, it had been placed near the end of the staircase leading to the second cavern, as a last safety measure.

22nd of Hematite, year 102

Another tragedy befell us today. Though Shecedthedak was in place, this did not prevent a giant bat from ascending into the fortress, nor did it prevent the descent of Kûbuk Kilrudmat, hurled towards her demise by the beast. Kûbek was part of the budding militia.

24th of Hematite, year 102

The humans arrived to trade, and they provided weapons, fruit, and a barrel of their strange surface wine, nonetheless variation for the palate. In exchange we traded them some meals, a resource Irritan Amam has in excess.

19th of Malachite, year 102

"We are nothing without craftdwarfship"
Today, the Crystalline Company approached me, with a request to build a guildhall for the crafts. What a merry time! Preparations must be made,
such as expanding the space they have to craft. Only a single craftsdwarf's shop, that won't do. The masons also need more space, so I've ordered a larger room to be dug out for them to share.

25th Galena, year 102

"It walks on four legs, but with the face of a dwarf. It has a maw filled of teeth, and it lusts for blood. Such is the manera that stalks your caverns. I am sure you have heard of it. But do not be afraid, my friend, for I am here."
This dwarf had a broad, hopeful smile, and an axe in her hand. Vucar Solamlikot, apparently, a monster hunter who had heard of our troubles. I shaked her hand and welcomed her aboard. A manera we did not want to deal with, surely. I had some stone falling traps be placed earlier, but perhaps it could crawl past those with no problem. Who knows.

30th Galena, year 102

Several days have passed, and Vucar has not moved one step. Should she ever deal with the dangers below, it will not be soon.
No, I have had enough of this post! I must rest, and make merry. This is my letter of resignation. Should anyone read this, I ask that YOU become the next overseer of Irritan Amam. The monsters still crawl below, and strange animals above. As autumn arrives, someone is needed to keep the stills running, and keep the dangers at bay. Good luck.

- voliol

I've sadly been under the weather the past few days, so these two seasons are as far as I go :/.
I'm unsure what the procedures are here, I figure Lord_lemonpie gets the say in whether Eniteris gets to play an extra long turn, or from autumn-to-autumn, or some other solution.

Images will be added.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2022, 02:27:11 pm »

typically it's up to the next player if they want extra turn time, rounding it off at the following year's end of winter / spring transition.

nice artifact hatch cover - one of the more useful fey creations

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2022, 05:10:46 am »

This is the most competent Monster Slayer.  Others would sleep in the hospital beds and drink all the good booze.  :P

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2022, 06:14:39 am »

Thanks for playing, voliol, hope you get well soon! I´ll send out a message to the next person and leave it up to them if they'll play a year or more.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
Re: Irritan Anam - Turn 4 Part 1
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2022, 04:12:57 pm »

102 fall and wintar

Mostar find book, practis langwich, steel words.  Dwarfs not-know mostar live in dwarf-cave, walk-over stupid trap.  Trap for stupids.

No-nose-dwarf sleep doctor-room.  Mostar jelly, want childs bring food mostar too.  Doctor sad, want food too?

No-nose-dwarf leave, go practis-room, skulk leik mostar.

No-nose-dwarf fall stairs.  Oops!  Sword-dwarf and maze-dwarf angry.  Dwarfs make "sope".

Spoiler: Leik this (click to show/hide)

Goblins skulk, loud.  Mostar call Maize-dwarf, hide, laugh.

Dwarfs dig rooms.  "Barren-is".  Mostar not-know "is" mean ??

Eat-room empty.  Mostar use leaver.  No-thing happen.  Boo!

Trap for stupids funny.  Rat boing.  Zhyehehe!

Dwarfs think rats eat food, not-know mostar, make catch-traps.  Mostar walk-over catch-traps too.

Monsters-lair kill olm.  Dwarfs happy, make olm-food.  "Krismes".  Mostar-tummy grow three-size to-day.

New-gests scary.  Dwarfs care-full, watch artyfacts.  Steal hard.  Mostar skulk hard, only-steal yuck-food.

Dwarfs scary too.  Child punch olm, laugh.  Olm blood, not-die, pain.

Besides the above mentions, I've generally added complexity to all processes improved the fortress' glory.

Here's the downlo-o-oh dear, I was supposed to play a year, but I've only played to the end of the year.  I don't know if I make it before christmas eve, especially because I still have to write the next Weary Warriors by monday.  In case I can't, the next overseer gets the rest in addition to Voliols leftover turn.  :P

(Edit: using different image source; if you read this, i did a history preservation for YOU!)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 03:46:15 am by Mobbstar »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2022, 06:48:26 pm »

ahaha I do love me some feersum endjinn writing... very nice update. goblins are always working up some reason or another to skeeve about.

so once the save is up, looks like daeizer?

daeizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2022, 12:50:11 pm »

Hey, I'm down fore playing some extra time but I won't be able to start until the 27th at the earliest (holidays and all).

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2022, 05:26:29 pm »

Not quite sure if i will be able to play at all either. Four of last five days have been with lights off. But we'll see.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14