- 0 (0%)
Titans
- 0 (0%)
Vault Guardians
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 04, 2022, 09:24:51 am

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: In Search of Fairy Tales - Adelaathira - The End of Dwarfdom  (Read 38493 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Fairy Tales - Adelaathira - Devourer of Cities
« Reply #240 on: September 09, 2023, 03:18:24 pm »

One thing I've learned from df: Randomly generated creatures usually have an incorrect amount of blood and are easy to bleed to death.
Blood amount is based on body size, and many angels are quite small.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 10, 2023, 02:19:06 am »

Burt is unsure how to feel about the vault, given the size of it it could hold a massive amount of creatures and he isn't sure how to feel about that thought.

Even though they managed to kill a few of these creatures Burt was still unsure of their chances given they were fighting creatures created by a god of war.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2023, 05:28:47 am »

Colossi Broken
Combat Reports:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The party had rested for an hour outside waiting to pick up their weapons.
More than likely there was some change of guard or something as by the end of their rest they got up just in time to see another strange horned beastman charging at them
"Another battle? I'm uneasy" Egem calls
One of the few horses left is closer and so the two clash. The minion clamps vicious jaws into the horse's throat and beats upon it's flesh with fists as the death grip of teeth tighten. Burt, being one of the only two with weapons, charges past Galtran and slams into the minion sending it reeling back and slamming into the wall of the vault. Horse, Burt and Galtran attack simultaneously as the creatures wriggles and dodges around each blow before it punches Burt in his arm with supernatural strength. Galtran is able to scratch the same hand that punched Burt as it withdrew, but with little damage.
It dodges two more attacks from the two heroes before delivering a kick to Burt's throat. It dodges three more attacks and lashes out again, although Burt has figured out the rhythm of attacks and blocks this one.
Another horse joins in and successfully begins stomping on the small beast causing it to screech out. It gores the horse in it's left hoot chipping bone and returns to attacking Burt. It continues to dodge all attacks from the party, but now from the entrance to the vault you see another warrior approach covered in divine blue armor and a vicious whip. While the small creature is hard to hit it is also capable of doing a vicious amount of damage making the newcomer a problem.
The warrior lifts his whip to strike and Burt slams his shield into the creature's chest as it does. Still, it lashes hitting Hal in the foot causing a burst of blood from his foot, but not knocking him over. Egem flies overhead waiting for his weapons to be accessible as everyone fights over top of where his bow rests.
Hal stabs the warrior, known as a warring messenger, in the leg while the other horse rears and kicks the messenger in the chest with a massive thud! Meanwhile Galtran and Burt still duck and dodge around the small beast. The messenger lashes at Burt, but he deftly parries it with his sword. Within this moment the small beast lashes out kicking at Galtran and knocking several teeth out.
The messenger lashes again and hits Burt's head catching on his bronze helm. Burt dodges away from the small beast as both he and the horse strike at the warrior. Burt slashes the head, but misses the neckline instead hitting the helmet while the horse slams another hoof against the warrior's leg.
Burt kicks the messenger in the mouth causing it to explode into gory ichor. The small beast kicks Burt's leg again and while blocked by armor it does still hurt. Hal strikes at the messenger with his shield doing little damage as the messenger lashes out striking Burt again.
All combatants fall into a series of dodging for several moments before the perfect moment lines up and in a flash neck is severed from body. A body falls lifelessly to the ground spraying ichor in all directions: The warrior messenger falls.

The beast is still alive and the two horses have fled, but to make matters worse Galtran sees the inside of the vault once more. Another warring messenger and another minion of Ikor approach the party. Galtran in a moment of daring or foolishness, only he can say, jumps past the beast they were still fighting rolling into the vault by himself to pick up his blade and shield. He tries to attack the already wounded beast from behind in hopes of finishing it in the seconds the party has before the new combatants arrive. The small beast bites onto Burt's antler before being knocked away and then grabs Hal's loincloth before being similarly knocked away. It can not tire, but it is bleeding and that is slowing it down considerably.
The new minion of Ikor beast reaches Galtran and delivers a overpowering kick to Galtran's foot causing the bronze metal to buckle and groan as it is dented. Meanwhile the original one gores Hal with it's horn in his arm causing him to lose use of it and drop his shield.

Now the battle breaks down again into groups. Hal and Burt try to finish off the minion of Ikor while Galtran fights the new warrior and beast. Egem quietly descends reaching for a weapon.
The injured small beast is on Burt attacking and biting with abandon as neither he nor Hal can land a hit.
Meanwhile Galtran catches a lash on his blade before riposting and striking at the warrior who masterfully blocks the attack.
The warrior reaches out with his lash and strikes at Burt only catching his antler as Burt tears the small monster's teeth out of his gauntlet.
Galtran forces the warrior to dodge his sword and as the messenger does Galtran slams him in the chest with his shield. The two take each other's measure and parry each others attacks once more as Burt charges at the injured small beast swinging. The new minion of Ikor latches onto Galtran's waterskin hanging from his side trying to disorient him.
As the injured one dodges away from Burt it backs close to Galtran who delivers a tremendous swing decapitating the creature finally. Nearby the horse it had been goring and attacking earlier finishes bleeding out.

The warrior lashes Burt three times in succession: Arm, antler and hoof. Each time he hits as if avenging the fallen beast. Burt falls to the ground. Does he call out or think anything?
Hal, Burt and Galtran strike at the messenger, but the creature dodges two and parries one. The small beast rushes in and Galtran blocks it's punch, but it is only a feint as it pounces in latching on with teeth onto Galtran's open mouth and tongue biting and spilling blood.

At this point all three heroes are covered with sweat, tired, bordering on exhaustion. Burt swings his blade forcing the creature to let go of Galtran and in vengeance it goes after Burt punching him in the head. The tireless angels and the exhausted heroes fall into attacking and dodging once more. Burt delivers a strike with his shield at full force against the messenger and the warrior reels putting a hand over his heart for a brief moment.
The minion of Ikor sprints in again and delivers a sickening punch to Hal's arm tearing ligament and tendon causing Hal to drop his sword.
Galtran is too far away to help. but delivers a powerful slash across the warrior's chest causing ichor to spray in massive amounts as an artery in the heart is cut.
The small beast is proceeding to beat the disabled Hal senseless as Burt and Galtran attempt to move their way there while still fighting the warrior; who despite receiving a lethal wound marches undeterred towards them both. It lashes out finding the small opening in Galtran's helmet and delivering a brutal blow to his cranium that leaves him reeling.
The angel and two heroes attack and dodge again and again. The lash meets Burt's leg delivering a deep wound as Galtran charges in and decapitates the angel decorating the rest of the room with ichor.

The last beast dodges each blow as it moves away from Hal and jumps up kicking Burt's right antler causing it to sever and fly across the room. Don't know if you were attached to that Antler, Burt?

The creature dodges more blows from the pair and Burt roars "I am the nemesis of Ral Ivoryinks, who was returned from the rock and much from which it spawned!"
The creature kicks Burt's left arm with sickening damage causing Burt to lose hold of his shield before it screeches punching his legs causing his armor to fracture and split. His greaves are barely held together by small pieces of metal.

The trio, for Hal is returned and fighting with his beak and feet, attack continously forcing the beast to dodge every blow. It grabs Burt's left arm, but Galtran slices it off completely! Despite spraying ichor everywhere it attacks! It attacks viciously easily dodging each counter the heroes throws beating each of them senseless. It delivers another blow to Galtran knocking his shield from him and continues to beat on them both casually dodging Hal's pecking attempts.
Then it lunges forward stabbing Burt in the arm with it's horn piercing straight through flesh. Burt loses his weapon.
What follows is brutal misery:
Unable to stand and on the verge of passing out the party can not even dodge anymore as the beast viciously beats Burt taking every piece of armor to near breaking point and ultimately shattering his greaves completely. Galtran lashes out with his sword, but it is slow and the beast then begins kicking out his teeth and crushing his lips.
As he beats Galtran a figure approaches divine lash in hand...
The beast bites Hal's head and shakes him around with such force arteries begin rupturing and blood spilling all over. Galtran and Hal weakly attack forcing it to let go and as it drops Hal it stomps down on his foot causing it to explode in gore.
Hal is bleeding out and tries to crawl away. The beast follows him and tries to grab the dying Kiwi as divine lash comes down at the beast forcing it to dodge: Egem has come
Just as Hal's doom seemed inevitable Egem lashes out fresh and full of energy he forces the creature into a backstep. It tries to attack Egem, but in his light armor Egem can easily dodge each attack.
Egem leads the creature back into the trio of him, Burt and Galtran as the three work on the beast. It dodges each blow until wandering into a lash across the chest from Egem.
Hal stops crawling away and turning around, despite his injuries, but why?
Only revealed moments later as Burt, powerful Burt, passes out from exhaustion his blood spilled and armor shattered.
The beast begins viciously kicking Burt's unconscious body as Egem rushes back in lashing at the monster.
It will not leave Burt alone though until Hal crawls back in range and weakly pecks at the beast's foot.
If it could laugh it surely would. It grabs Hal's wing in it's mouth and shakes him around again severing nerves and sending blood spraying. Hal passes out.

Galtran seeing his two friends about to die charges in and slashes, but the beast drops Hal and dodges kicking Galtran and causing his greaves to break apart entirely.
The minion of Ikor beats Burt again and again with Galtran too slow and exhausted to even do much.
Egem lashes out now and again and again he drives the beast back. It becomes enraged and screeches at Egem as he lashes it's chest open causing blood to pour. He keeps it spinning and dodging his blows and each time it tries to focus on Burt it receives yet another lash. Finally, the room is set up as Egem wants it. The beast dodges back from a lash hissing at the eagle man, but it backs up right into Galtran's range as the swordsman swings down beheading the monster completely. Ichor sprays across the area and over Egem and Galtran.

Burt and Hal are passed out on the floor covered in their own blood, armor shattered, but they will survive. Galtran is on the verge of passing out leaving Egem as the only strong one left.

OOC:
Wild, right? No way outside of DFhack to replace Burt's gear.
I think between three dead warring messengers there is enough armor and weapons to fulfill your mission, agreed?
I'm gonna pick up all the weapons and get everyone far far away before we rest.

Salmeuk, I assume the creature was obsessed with breaking your teeth, mouth and lips was because you were talking mad trash, but I didn't wanna assume intent lol
Sorry, I saved you until the end there Teaking. I both needed to get you a weapon, but also I saw the guys getting exhausted and realized a fresh face would be better then you passing out at the same time as them.
We're very much nearing the end game of what I have planned for this party. I think you will all like it!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 06:04:23 am by Maloy »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Fairy Tales - Adelaathira - Colossus Fallen
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2023, 05:04:20 am »

The warrior lashes Burt three times in succession: Arm, antler and hoof. Each time he hits as if avenging the fallen beast. Burt falls to the ground. Does he call out or think anything?
*panicked Burt noises*

The last beast dodges each blow as it moves away from Hal and jumps up kicking Burt's right antler causing it to sever and fly across the room. Don't know if you were attached to that Antler, Burt?
Burt is attached to all parts of his body and doesn't like it when they get kicked off.

Damn those things sure seemed to hate Burt for some reason, to bad my armour is damaged and irreplaceable guess that's what I get for choosing a big critter. Hopefully Burt's antler is the only permanent injury the party suffers after the fight.

Also leaving with what we have sounds like a really good idea especially after three members of the group almost dying.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2023, 04:22:48 pm »

wonderful descriptions...

Salmeuk, I assume the creature was obsessed with breaking your teeth, mouth and lips was because you were talking mad trash, but I didn't wanna assume intent lol

Most likely, but I cannot come up with anything particularly witty or acidic enough to fit the situation.

i do not regret making a bog-standard sword character seeing as how useful he is in combat haha.

looking forward to more writeups / the conclusion

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 13, 2023, 08:05:07 pm »

One of the PCs died of suffocation AFTER resting and having their wounds healed
I think it's a glitch because the rest heals all wounds, but they still have the [cannot breathe] condition.
So I'm gonna full-heal them I think because that sounds glitchy

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2023, 04:12:00 am »

Always annoying when you encounter bugs like that, at least there's a tool available that can fix it.

Also really curious as to who it was.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2023, 05:18:45 am »

Well, as it turns out it was TWO lol. We'll incorporate it into the story though!

As the party prepares to leave Egem and Galtran pick up pieces of armor and weapons. There is enough present to arm each person with a divine blue metal shield. Egem has one scourge for himself and the other two are packed away if anyone decides they want to use one; otherwise they will be turned in for your quest. The armor doesn't fit any of you sadly.

Galtran has to hobble along himself, but has enough strength to help, the quite small, Hal out of the vault. While Egem helps Burt.
It seems though that the god of war and fortresses will not forgive trespass lightly for Burt and Hal begin choking! As if a great hand was pressed against each of their throats they begin gasping for breath and flail away from their companions falling to the ground. There seems to be nothing anyone can do as when you touch the area around their throats you feel no invisible hand, but the two certainly do.
Just as when it seems hopeless and that they shall breathe no longer a strange light descends from above the party and lands on the two of them. Their struggles stop and they remain still, yet breathing. As the light passes them they find their bodies restored healing the crushing of their throats that would have spelled an untimely and premature doom. They are also healed of the many scars crisscrossing their bodies from the adventures they have had the last two months. Even Burt's severed antler is healed as it regrows as if never gone.
A terrifying and then wondrous sequence of events, reactions?
There is no answer to the light nor the dreadful force that tried to kill the pair, but this is easily a sign to depart quickly and the party does so with their loot.

You have a two day trek back to the castle Dawnedhop. Six horses yet remain although three are too injured to run anymore. Most of them avoided a massacre in the vault through fleeing in terror, but one horse earned itself a name through noble distinction: Gashinobon!

It is fall now and the land seems quaint and peaceful. Moments like this one might truly believe it is a Golden Age.
For flavor's sake, does your character like to do anything while they travel peacefully?

You make camp a few hours away from Dawnedhop:

There is a comfortable chill in the air, the world itself feels like its preparing for things to end, as far as seasons go. You've all been together for two months, which is not long to know somebody, but with the sheer amount of near death experiences and battles that has surely built some camaraderie. Is there anything you'd like to do this eve?

You return and at this point the garrisoned men of the castle all know you quite well and cheer at your coming. As you walk by many wave and greet you or seek to shake your hands. A messenger has already run ahead to inform the commander so that the meeting room is cleared and ready to use. The most important question though: How are you going to explain making Egem lord of Oarpassionate instead of convincing the dwarf king to not help the Silver of Staves?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 17, 2023, 03:40:40 am »

A terrifying and then wondrous sequence of events, reactions?
Incredibly thankful to what ever god decided to spare him of that fate.

For flavor's sake, does your character like to do anything while they travel peacefully?
Burt likes to chat with the people around him and take in the scenery.

Is there anything you'd like to do this eve?
He will talk to the others just like he has for the majority of the trip.

How are you going to explain making Egem lord of Oarpassionate instead of convincing the dwarf king to not help the Silver of Staves?
Burt isn't really sure how to explain why they decided to do that, but he's sure they'll come up with something satisfactory.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chronicles of the War against Cor - The Craterous Glazes
« Reply #249 on: September 25, 2023, 05:40:33 am »

Chronicles of the War against Cor - The Craterous Glazes

The war against Cor was a world-wide endeavor, but originally the war only started and legally remained with the Silver of Staves. Each civilization found itself involved in one way or another, but only committed what forces could be spared from their own domestic problems.

Whether the would-be goddess was truly a threat to the world or not wasn't known to all yet. She seemed likely to just be a small upstart, but it wasn't until she successfully conquered the dwarven-occupied dark fortress of Tormentlives
The other nations of the world had a likely and reasonable fear that she would release untold horrors from it's depths if left in control and so began working against her.

The war did not go well. Any victories acquired, such as the retaking of Tormentlives, always came at the cost of many lives.

Then the war against the demons came.

This was an existential threat to all and so despite the on-going war the hordes of the dead would often assist the living in fighting the demons. Undead armies would form up at one end of the field and wait patiently for dispatch for they could not be allowed within reach of their living counterparts for fear of conflict.

Source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/LwdD5

For Cor, whose armies were nourished by more death, the presence of this conflict did not slow her down. Despite the demons nearly wiping out both armies present she still had forces in reserve led by her elite cold hunters. They advanced north-west from her tower butchering through dwarven lands all the way to the door step of the capital of Oarpassionate.

Source: Total War Warhammer

It was outside as the siege began that a message was sent demanding the dwarves surrender in exchange for their lives. No message was sent back in response.

The Cold Hunters were led by a former Craterous Glaze dwarf named Cilob and realizing his dismissal he silently had members of a nearby dwarven village brought out.

One by one each one was killed in agonizingly different ways. Fed to zombified dogs, burned, buried alive, hacked to pieces and the rest all crucified in sight of the capital.

They did not surrender and so the siege continued.

Eventually though the dead did break through leading to brutal massacre.

The famous duel between Ral Ivoryinks and the dwarf king Tholtig occurred leading to the loss of the ancient dwarven spear Dreamedsun. Many other magical and treasured weapons were lost as well.

This broke the Craterous Glazes as a military power as most of their army broke in battle against the demons leaving only a small roving band of warrior dwarves to patrol the little territory they maintained in the farm lands near where the humans had also fled.
To this day the cold hunter Iteb Gorgeship the Abysmal Modesty of Seals is a wanted enemy of state of the Craterous Glazes for she bears a powerful axe and symbol of her former people: The legendary iron battle-axe Unalzon Lathonnotlith

OOC:
I LOVE that there's enough lore posts for me to hyperlink cross-references lol

On the meeting with the commander. Anything more specific I might could use? I'm trying to imagine the party's preferred reasoning for doing it as well as how they would communicate it.
Like are they going to tell him it happened and he needs to get over it or try to reason and explain why it's a good thing? That kind of stuff

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2023, 04:14:38 am »

On the meeting with the commander. Anything more specific I might could use? I'm trying to imagine the party's preferred reasoning for doing it as well as how they would communicate it.
Like are they going to tell him it happened and he needs to get over it or try to reason and explain why it's a good thing? That kind of stuff
I'd assume they'd try to give a reason as to why it's a good thing but I can't really think of one.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2023, 05:49:04 am »

Final Mission

The party enters the meeting room. In it is not only the commander, but two other armored figures as well as the baron. One of the men's armor has a lot of dirt and a close inspection would show a fresh spot of blood on his gauntlet.

Despite the previous fanfare outside the tone of this room is grim and no one rises to greet you. The commander's gaze is locked on a parchment in his hands, but moments after you enter he looks up. "Welcome back, heroes" he gestures to the two new men first to the cleanly armored and then the dirty one "This is general Gustem Slopsoars and Sir Aso Applesnare"
The general nods his head in your direction "A pleasure to meet heroes in such grim times" he says without a single hint of emotion
The knight bows deeply "Thank you for your service to our people. Our salvation is possible only thanks to your hard efforts and sacrifices"

The commander waits for them to finish before introducing you all "Egem the crackshot bowman and professional hunter from the Silver of Staves, Burt the Bronze who can go toe-to-toe with any beast, Sir Galtran the Shrewd,  and Hal Bristletrade our castle's own former chef turned heroic warrior." The group chuckles at the last introduction.

He pushes the parchment to slide across the table to the party on the other side and Egem picks it up.

source: https://depositphotos.com/illustration/paper-with-blood-stains-and-mug-circle-24559307.html
The letter is slightly bloodstained, but it is a command for the military of the Silver of Staves to assemble to prepare for an all out surprise invasion of the Notched Union - which is where you currently are-
The humans wait in silence for the party to react to the news: How do you react?

"The dwarf who carried this letter is dead and buried in the forests west of here by Sir Aso. All other messengers who left the queen's current hiding place were similarly intercepted and killed. The same message went out to all of the dwarven settlements" he pauses "We've delayed the inevitable. Once the queen realizes the military is taking too long she will send more messengers. Something must be done quickly"

General Gustem steps forward arms crossed "No matter how hard our men can fight we don't stand a chance against the dwarves. Our own numbers are too few from constant wars and the dwarves have access to steel and martial trances."
"Then it is simple: The queen must die!" says the portly baron.

The commander nods "I agree with the baron. If we can deal with the queen and her immediate advisors I believe we can influence a less war-mongering heir to take the throne."
The general scowls slightly "That would depend more on how the adventurers faired on their mission. If the dwarves feel their back is to the wall they won't be too flexible" the general nods his head for the party to speak

Short version of relevant report:
-Defeated the terror that devoured the residents of the old Silver of Staves capital making it safe to be reinhabited and discovering a trove of stored food in a time of widespread famine
-Found the capital of the Craterous Glazes, the other dwarven civ and ally of Silver of Staves, to be conquered by the necromancer army remnants. You defeated them and installed Egem as ruler of the city "All hail Lord Egem first of his name"
-Found an ancient vault of a god of war, battled his angels, and acquired divinely powered weapons

The commander smiles for the first time of the meeting "Fantastic. With the cities freed the Silver of Staves can return to their homeland and with the ability to return to the underground they can start farming there rather than expanding into our own lands."
The general adds "Although, the source of ready food is also too easy to pass up. I shall have a contingent sent to recover it so that our own people do not starve this year"
The commander nods and continues "And the city of Oarpassionate is freed despite us not knowing it was taken. Although not the plan we agreed upon I believe this will work well. The Craterous Glazes is in no condition to fight, even as an ally, and will not want an enemy at their backs"

The room goes silent for a few moments as the humans contemplate what is to be asked next. Are you also silent or doing something else?

It is the general who speaks up "I will ask you to do something normally one could only ask of a soldier not a hero, but I believe true heroes also have to do hard things for the sake of the world even if they deny it." he walks over to the party "Will you kill queen Rith Elderboard, her royal entourage, and any witnesses for the sake of peace? Once she is dead you will place your divine weapons, hopefully coated in blood, around their corpses. We will pin this on the angels of war and assist the dwarves in a new transition of power."

You don't HAVE to agree just because the story is heading here. If you think its too immoral for your character you can chime in. In fact, if the party disagrees with each other on it that might make some sense too. Either way make a choice and I will go with it.

OOC:
Regardless of how it goes we are reaching the temporary end of the story of this party of players.
Once done I've already prepped a new character with a new kind of playstyle for us different from any of the ones done here previously

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 29, 2023, 05:56:44 am »

The letter is slightly bloodstained, but it is a command for the military of the Silver of Staves to assemble to prepare for an all out surprise invasion of the Notched Union - which is where you currently are-
The humans wait in silence for the party to react to the news: How do you react?
Burt feels that's it's a good thing they intercepted that letter before it got to where it was supposed to go.

The commander nods "I agree with the baron. If we can deal with the queen and her immediate advisors I believe we can influence a less war-mongering heir to take the throne."
The general scowls slightly "That would depend more on how the adventurers faired on their mission. If the dwarves feel their back is to the wall they won't be too flexible" the general nods his head for the party to speak
He isn't really sure what to say, so he remains silent.

The room goes silent for a few moments as the humans contemplate what is to be asked next. Are you also silent or doing something else?
Burt doesn't have anything to say at this point.

You don't HAVE to agree just because the story is heading here. If you think its too immoral for your character you can chime in. In fact, if the party disagrees with each other on it that might make some sense too. Either way make a choice and I will go with it.
I don't see Burt having a problem murdering that queen and her friends.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 30, 2023, 06:49:05 am »

Oh hey I remember Teaking mentioned getting caught up in real life and having to catch up, but also for any of you guys
If you decide you wanna retroactively have your characters react or do things in old posts(or even roleplayed side adventures!) I can attach it to the post in question so people who come by to read this in the future will see both together

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2023, 06:12:55 am »

I don't see Burt having a problem murdering that queen and her friends.

The commander notes the party's quiet agreement. His demeanor is grim, but his respect for the party is clearly visible
"Then, I must send you out on this one final grim task. This is a hard thing to ask, but it must be asked. When you return successful we shall celebrate you as the legendary heroes that you are and you shall have your weight in gold by my honor"

Got anything you want to do or see before you leave the castle?
Egem flies around above the castle one last time getting a good look at the surrounding world.

You journey south-west. Since the loss of their city the dwarven queen and her royal entourage have been living in the hillocks of Figuretrade. Doubtless when they learn of the heroes restoration of the dwarven birth-city she shall relocate herself in that defended fortress, but here she is vulnerable and easy to find.

At this point you are all intimately familiar with the paths of this land. If there were ever a creature that dare challenge your passage they are long defeated as you pass familiar fields and forests.

Source: You camp for the night before the assassination.

What does one even think of the night before such a grim task? What does one do?

You awake early long before the sun rises and set yourself in figuretrade.

You identify the hovel all the barons and counts are sleeping within
Might it be wise to eliminate them as well? They may be pushing the queen to war.
Despite the seriousness of the situation Egem and Hal continue to bicker as they have for the majority of the journey together.

You find the queen finally after searching the civic mound. Her guards are passed out on the other side of the large mound and she is sleeping on the dirt floor. She is young too. Only 14 years of age and already a queen of dwarves

Which among the party shall be the one to end her life?

OOC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23