Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: FEF: Seven Wishes of Hanako Saihara IC Thread: Ch 1: The Speechless Singer  (Read 14679 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Seven Wishes of Hanako Saihara IC Thread: Ch 1: The Speechless Singer
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2023, 02:41:06 pm »

Satoshi rolls up his phone.
"Okay. I'll give the little guy a call."
As Satoshi does that, the person standing nearest Satoshi can sense a light breeze. Probably from where Hanako tilts her head to listen into the call. Maybe. You can't tell, given she's still invisible to you.

Satoshi frowns.
"Huh. No answer."

His phone pings with a notification. Satoshi quickly reads off the text.
"....he said he's busy. Helping Akasaka learn maths. What should I tell him?"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2023, 05:01:33 am »

"What do you mean, what do you want to tell him?"

"If it can't wait, then I guess you have to make something important up." Ran glanced around the room, placing a hand on her hip. "I don't know, say you need help moving the couch right this instant, just don't expect him to be happy if it's something dumb."

Probably Minato had a better idea since he knew Kousei well. The only reason she was still making suggestions was because Hanako had asked them to do this.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2023, 01:51:18 pm »

"I think first you should just ask him how long it's going to be." Minato replied, "There's no need to interrupt him if he's only got ten or so minutes left, and it's not like we're in a rush... right?"

He turned to look at the floating phone as he finished.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2023, 02:40:48 am »

"He has a point. The kid has his own life. We can't expect him to drop everything and rush over at the drop of a hat. I'm not going anywhere, so I can wait however long it takes for him to get here."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2023, 07:40:55 pm »

"He has a point. The kid has his own life. We can't expect him to drop everything and rush over at the drop of a hat. I'm not going anywhere, so I can wait however long it takes for him to get here."
"... Haven't we all rushed over here at the drop of a hat though? Ehehehe."
"But you have a point."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2023, 08:33:34 am »

Satoshi nods, and types again.
"He said....he wants to talk about something. Tomorrow. He's busy for the rest of tonight."

"I suppose Kou-chan is a little older now, so he'd have other things to do. Still, I'd like to know how he is. And what he wants to talk with you about."
"Same. Curious about that part, too. I saw him last week and he was fine, but..."
"But?"
"Well, you know Kousei hangs out with Akasaka and Honma, right? Honma said he hadn't hung out with him for a while and Akasaka said she was worried about him. He hasn't sung since...well."
"He hasn't sung? That's no good. Also....you probably should explain my side of the conversation. Remember, they can hear you, but not me."

Satoshi turns to the others.
"Kousei said he wants to talk to us about something tomorrow."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2023, 01:27:58 pm »

"Well, now that that's settled, we should get to cooking." Minato replied, "Anything specific anyone wants? I don't know what's in the fridge so I make no promises, but I can try."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2023, 09:12:35 pm »

The night goes on, and the group finally decides to cook food and eat. It's a rather odd experience; though Minato and Satoshi took over cooking duties in the end, and some conversation was exchanged, the entire thing felt odd. You hadn't done this for years, not since...

Oh, and of course, Hanako's plate gradually disappearing into thin air. If the text messages hadn't convinced you that Hanako was hovering just out of sight, the fact that she was actively consuming the food should have. As was the fact that she then volunteered to do the dishes, causing the sight of dishes floating in the air being wiped by an invisible figure.

Yet the question hovered at the back of your minds as you were a group once again since that fateful day.

Why was Hanako here again?

The next day
Satoshi sighs, staring at the leftovers from last night.
"....Hanako."

She fell into view, frowning.
"Yes?"

"You really think....things could go back to how they were? I mean, I'm not sure, but....could they?"

"If anyone could pull it off, it's you, Satoshi. But...it's been so long. Two years....."

"Two years and I never stopped thinking about everybody. Trust me, Hanako. When we find out why you're here, we'll all do our best."

"Thanks. I...well, I suppose this would be so much easier if I wasn't....well. Two years too late to worry about that, huh?"

Hanako exhales. It was habit, rather than necessity; ghosts didn't need to breathe.

"We should at least figure out if there's a way to get everyone to see me. I don't want to keep tapping away at a phone. And you can't keep me all to yourself, Sato-kun."

Satoshi snorted.

"Hey, you're the ghost. Maybe you wanted me all for yourself, and that's why I'm the only one who can see you. Think about that?"

"Being your summer beast isn't my idea of spending my free time. Besides, you'd never listen to me. You'd be too busy doing your...Satoshi thing. Speaking of which....where are you meeting Kou-chan?"

Kousei had asked (and then Satoshi had subsequently communicated to the others) to meet him at old Uncle Honda's eatery at the market. It had been there since they were kids, been there since their parents' childhoods and would probably be there until the end of time.

Old Uncle Honda was one of those people who seemed to never age, who seemed to have appeared, fully formed as a vaguely middle-aged man who was happy to dish out bowls of udon in the middle of the market. It was not the local favorite - that would be Auntie Nana's eatery around the corner - but Satoshi's group used to gather there, and Satoshi and Hanako had a soft spot for his udon.

Nowadays, it was the new terrible trio who hung out there; Natsuo Honma, Kousei Saihara and Yelena Akasaka.

If the rumours were anything to go by, the three of them, roughly the same age and being younger than Satoshi's group, had found each other because they were outsiders. Yelena was half-Russian and clearly a foreigner (and it didn't help that her school nickname was that of a character from an anime she resembled, a character rather appropriate to Satoshi and Hanako's current situation), Natsuo was one of the smartest children in school and preferred the company of books to people, and Kousei had somewhat faded into the fringe since Hanako's death. Still, Satoshi couldn't help but smile as he thought about it. Kousei, at least, landed on his feet after Hanako had left their lives.

So it was there Satoshi and Hanako waited for the others to appear.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2023, 09:24:48 pm »

Takeo was the first of the group to arrive, looking a little unsteady and his knuckles so bloody it dripped down his fingers, still wearing the same outfit as he had yesterday but looking slightly more rumpled and dirtier. He didn't seem concerned about that at all as he fumbled a cigarette out of the pack and lit it with shaky hands, taking a drag with a hitched breath that spoke of bruised ribs as soon as the flame caught.

"Morning, Hanako, Satoshi. Least I hope she's here, since you are. I dunno what ghost rules are. It'd be bullshit if she was bound to your place for some reason."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2023, 09:34:52 pm »

Takeo feels a slight pressure on his hands, as Hanako lifts them up, probably to examine them. At least, you know for sure she's here. Satoshi's eyes flit up, presumably because Hanako is telling him something, before he reaches in his bag, producing some tissues.

"Hell, Takeo. You look like hell. What happened to you? Lemme grab some tissues and clean you up. By the way, I'm not the only one asking. Hanako's here too. She says hi."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2023, 09:37:22 pm »

Minato arrived next, doing his best to hide how tired he felt. He hadn't slept well last night, his brain having been a bit overloaded by the complete upheaval of his understanding of the world, and also all the nerves he felt about the group. He was scared, that this was just another cruel prank the world would play, bringing back Hanako, bringing all his friends together again... and then it would all crumble to ash as a lesson to not hope for impossible things.

When he woke up, he was half certain the situation had been a particularly vivid dream... but there was a stain on the shirt he wore yesterday he'd gotten while cooking. Hanako was really back. It was a miracle... but this world didn't hand out miracles so easily.

Regardless, when he saw the shape Takeo was in, he shoved his fears aside.

"Takeo, what happened?" he asked, "Are you ok? And I mean actually ok, not 'I will still fight as long as there's blood in my body' ok."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2023, 08:22:06 am »

Takeo let Hanako examine his hands without protest, even blowing smoke out of the corner of his mouth so as not to get it in her face.

"Same old shit. Ran into some people that were happy to see me after I was away for so long. Hit a brick wall instead of a face a few times. Guess I'm lucky I don't hit very hard or I'd have broken instead of cut knuckles."

He coughed and nearly lost his cigarette, but managed to recover it at the last second, then turned to Minato.

"I took a couple of aspirin. I'll be all right after I smoke it off. Just need to sit down for a minute."

There was a moment of silence, then...

"...Thanks anyway though, Minato. Almost forgot you were nice."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2023, 08:33:36 am »

Kaya Hawa struggled to sleep that night. At last something exciting was happening in this town! He awoke early and rushed out to the meeting spot, before waiting around the corner, pacing about so he wouldn't be the first to arrive.

"I'm starving, and I've got an udon shaped hole right here!"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2023, 08:27:45 pm »

Satoshi gazes again somewhere to Takeo's side, nodding briefly, before handing her the tissues. An invisible hand picks them up and begins using them to clean off the blood.
"You tell them to take it up with us, Takeo. That was Hanako, by the way. She's....well, not happy with you. And also thankful she doesn't have the phone right now. Maybe I should start asking Kurenai-senpai to look out for you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2023, 08:53:32 pm »

The side of Takeo's mouth quirked up a bit in an almost-smile at Satoshi's words.

"You can't have forgotten in only two years. I fight my battles, your battles, Minato's battles... May not do a good job at winning any of 'em but I'm not going to back down or let my friends get picked on. Rather get my ass kicked than run away or ask someone to do it for me."

He let Hanako wipe away the blood, watching the tissues move seemingly under their own power.

"Gotta say, this is a hell of a thing to try to get used to. Ain't complaining though. Good to have you around again, Hanako."

Takeo nodded to Kaya.

"Hawa's right. Ain't ate since yesterday and I could do with a bowl or two. Unless we're waiting for the rest first?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12