Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59281 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TricMagic roleblocked me and set me On Fire, I can confirm this.

I tried to delay Jack again, it was really my default choice.

More importantly I was informed EuchreJack did not fire a Kill Action during N3.
Webadict is already dead nakeen. Really should have asked your scumbuddy to help with your claim.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More importantly I was informed EuchreJack did not fire a Kill Action during N3.
Webadict is already dead nakeen. Really should have asked your scumbuddy to help with your claim.
But I really am On Fire. I thought that was something you also did?

You were roleblocked. You are now On Fire! (Status) On Fire: You are burning! This has no innate effect.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Is it allowed to quote like this?)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. (Modkills them.)

Meta would suggest they did get set on fire. Which means NJW is the one lying here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

9 people, 6 to hammer. When did Knightwing get a double vote again?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Remind me: could that be mally, or is it definitely something else?
Avast! He be explicitly not a mally, town, nor scum. What kind of third party, I know not. If he were an SK miller 1. he woulda said and 2. we've already got one of those claimed.

Investigating Toony is quite possibly something I'd have done, but I'd still like to hear the rationale.
Arrr, I needed to soothe the late-game paranoia that arises in me gut.

So, if we know that mafia lose their night kill with Final Countdown, would they still read as Mafia?  Beta are Those That Can Kill, and Omegas are Catch All for the remainder.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Better question, what did you do the previous night(s)?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NQT visits Toony(TP)
TricMagic Roleblocks Nakeen(confirmed)
Jim shoots Euchrejack>Directly to NJW
NJW noned
Knightwing redirected Jim to NJW? Unlikely.

Knightwings claimed actions? As a dragon, is burning something they do?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, let me see...

Night 1: Learned the ability that NQT used that night.
Night 2: Was roleblocked and lost one life.
Night 3: Attempted to Randomize Jim so as to Not Die, My action failed.
Night 4: Attempted to preform an investigation, that action failed, Instead Randomized Jim onto NJW2000.  Sorry NJW2000, but at least you didn't die!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Of course the day starts finally when I'm away.

I made a pretty angry rant after the day ended about how unfair this Final Countdown mafiakill is, but because the night took so long I've cooled off and don't think I should post it unless people want to see mad Toony. I think it would be a waste to complain about it at this point and I'm just gonna try to play this game out.

I'm a little upset Tric didn't mention they didn't get the refill from Juicebox until EoD3 up until the very end of Day 4, but it looks like Jim got the refill from Juice anyway?

@MOD: Can you confirm how Day actions work and whether they would resolve even if that player was being executed?

Anyway onto Day 5 comments before I delve into this game further and my reasoning of who I think the Final Countdown player is.

So, Knightwing and Nakeen are the only ones who could have stopped the kill. Which is it?
Mafia couldn't have used a mafiakill last night Tric. Final Countdown means they can't use mafiakill anymore, although I suppose other means of killing are valid. There was also the fact that Nakeen claims to have delayed Jack on N3 as well as Knightwing claimed to have jailkeeped me on N3.

Yo ho ahoy me hearties! I have some bountiful news! Last night I hunted the big whale himself: Toony O'Man... and the blasted barnacle botherer is an Omega class...

aye in layman's language, the Toon is a third-party!
I'm town so you're lying or being messed with.

Welp.. I roleblocked Nakeen last night, so Knightwing's the only one who could have blocked the kill?

Unless it's something Toony did, but...
You should have used your kill.

1. This would have made you very likely town since mafia can't mafiakill anymore.
2. This would have probably removed another player, even if you were wrong it would reduce the amount of possible Final Countdown players.

I thought of explaining this to you, but not until after the day had already ended.

I think your presence has hurt town quite a bit Tric, although I can't scumread you for this.

juicebox recharged my kill.

I shot EuchreJack again.
Interesting. I want confirmation from the MOD as well as an explanation from Jack.

I lived because I had the Congregation status from Vector, which is a one-time bulletproof.

Sadly, I am no longer on fleek due to being on fire, so I lost my extra vote. I've lost everything this game: my sunglasses, my edge, my town-confirmed status, my bulletproof, and even my extra vote.

There's one thing I'd still like to know.

Who tried to kill me?
I'm still pretty sure you're town NJW.

Not sure who tried to kill you. I would think if Jack was delayed by Nakeen on N3 then that's there kill going off on you N4, but I don't believe Jack would try to kill you the same night Vector was giving you Congregation status.

Being On Fire makes me suspect Tric, but Nakeen should be able to confirm they were roleblocked by Tric?

If you were roleblocked then I suspect Knightwing used their jailkeep on you? So that's why you're alive probably. Knightwing, can you confirm?

Thanks for the confirmation.

Better question, what did you do the previous night(s)?
^
Exactly.

Jack, you posted a single time on Day 4 and didn't even claim what you did on Night 3.

I'm like 99% sure you're mafia and 90% sure you're acting scummy as fuck on purpose.

At the end of Day 4 I said NQT was scummy, but didn't think it was with you. But now you've decided to draw as much heat as possible after the Final Countdown started to eat the execution and keep your Final Countdown partner alive for the win. Sure, maybe you're double bluffing, but I don't think you have the balls. Meanwhile, having more players alive probably benefits the Final Countdown ability significantly, so there's no reason to even kill players if you're going for the Countdown win. This means a mafia!NQT not killing NJW is very reasonable and I want to believe he's the Countdown player and you're his partner.

Nakeen makes a very good point here
on Day 2 that maybe Jack didn't really target NQT on N1 since they're partners.

I want to believe Jim, Tric, NJW, and Nakeen are town.

I'm reasonably sure Knightwing and TolyK are also town.

I feel strongly confident that Jack is mafia, but I don't think they're Final Countdowner unless they're going for a crazy double bluff play.

That leaves NQT as my choice currently.

I want more time to think about this though.

PPE:

NQT visits Toony(TP)
TricMagic Roleblocks Nakeen(confirmed)
Jim shoots Euchrejack>Directly to NJW
NJW noned
Knightwing redirected Jim to NJW? Unlikely.

Knightwings claimed actions? As a dragon, is burning something they do?
This is a good start. Let's get the claims sorted. I don't want to make any assumptions.

I watched Jim last night and saw Jack visit them. I believe it's unlikely Jack would visit Jim if they're both mafia.

I was tempted to watch Jack last night to see if Jim would really try to kill them (and maybe steal shit from Jack), but felt it wasn't worth it in the end. I didn't take any items from Jim so they don't have any items.

Jim, notice anything weird happen?

Jack, why did you visit Jim last night? Also, what did you do Night 3?

PPE AGAIN:
Right, let me see...

Night 1: Learned the ability that NQT used that night.
Night 2: Was roleblocked and lost one life.
Night 3: Attempted to Randomize Jim so as to Not Die, My action failed.
Night 4: Attempted to preform an investigation, that action failed, Instead Randomized Jim onto NJW2000.  Sorry NJW2000, but at least you didn't die!
I see.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After search result, unlikely unless Toony covered for a mafia Knightwing. Which would be the result of an action that burns the one caught in it?

Bit of a mess, but TolyK should have an inspect result too. Where is it?

That last one makes no sense Jack. Unless you got hit by Nakeen N3.

Heya, I just finished reading the update. I won't be able to keep a constant presence over the week-end, but I will try to compensate by contributing as puch as possible.

My claims
True to what I said on D3, I targeted EuchreJack with my delay. This time I wasn't roleblocked, so I assume it worked. I will know next Night if Jack used a kill action, but that will be too late considering the bomb that dropped.

There is nothing to suggest anyone acted on me, so I assume no one targeted me. Unless Jack targeted me, which if I managed to delay means I won't be afdected until next night.

I will need a bit more time before processing what was said. I will follow up with another post as soon as possible.

Yep~. Sigh.

Jim, are you the godfather? Seems like it's your fire that burned NJW, unless one of deez nuts also did something fire-related.

Ninjatoony. Want to comment on NQT's inspect of you? (And yeah, the refill came up at end of day. Guessing Juice couldn't change it once fired.)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Ok...

EuchreJack: you're aware that many people suspect that you're the last scum, right? And that we have exactly one elimination remaining? Which is quite likely to be used on you now?

If you're town, why didn't you just let Jim kill you in the night, rather than risk the entire game?

I want to know who claims to have !none'd this night.
I none'd. Although I was roleblocked anyway.

One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok...

EuchreJack: you're aware that many people suspect that you're the last scum, right? And that we have exactly one elimination remaining? Which is quite likely to be used on you now?

If you're town, why didn't you just let Jim kill you in the night, rather than risk the entire game?

I want to know who claims to have !none'd this night.
I none'd. Although I was roleblocked anyway.

Easy!
That was my Night 3 action...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Ok...

Easy!
So what I saw last night was your delayed Night 3 action finally hitting Jim and randomizing him onto NJW, who survived the kill because presumably Knightwing jailkeeped NJW.

This doesn't explain why your Night 4 action failed, maybe this will come to light.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok...

Easy!
So what I saw last night was your delayed Night 3 action finally hitting Jim and randomizing him onto NJW, who survived the kill because presumably Knightwing jailkeeped NJW.

This doesn't explain why your Night 4 action failed, maybe this will come to light.

What makes you think Knightwing jailkeeped?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 113