Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59234 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (10 / 14) - Day 4 - The Final Countdown
« Reply #1365 on: October 31, 2022, 07:52:11 pm »

Quote from: Voting Board, Now Alphabetized

EuchreJack (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (4): Jim Groovester, NJW2000, NJW2000, notquitethere
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (0):
NJW2000 (0):
notquitethere (0):
TolyK (0):
ToonyMan (1): EuchreJack
TricMagic (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (8): juicebox, Knightwing64, Knightwing64, Nakéen, TolyK, ToonyMan, ToonyMan, TricMagic

7 to hammer.

Well the deadline for the Day is actually up, but given that nobody (including me) even realized it had happened, I'm going to extend the Day by 3 hours so you all can get your final discussion and/or voting in.

Day 4 ends at 10 PM Central time, or 3 hours from now - or on a hammer.
Juicebox to move things along. Jim can kill Jack tonight. Or me if they want to just suicide. :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (10 / 14) - Day 4 - The Final Countdown
« Reply #1366 on: November 01, 2022, 07:35:59 am »

With the threat of the incoming Final Countdown looming over you all, the consensus is drawn that it must have been juicebox who invoked such a dark power.

EuchreJack (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (7): Jim Groovester, NJW2000, NJW2000, notquitethere, ToonyMan, Nakéen, TricMagic
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (0):
NJW2000 (0):
notquitethere (1): ToonyMan
TolyK (0):
ToonyMan (1): EuchreJack
TricMagic (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (4): juicebox, Knightwing64, Knightwing64, TolyK

7 to hammer.

The scribe marks your signatures and consigns juicebox to death.

Perhaps though... the obvious party was too obvious. As the bolt of death eliminates his avatar, you discover to your fear and horror...

juicebox's alignment was Town.

His well of power will provide for you no more.

juicebox's role was Pot Of Greed.

Pot Of Greed (town):
(Day) I Play Pot Of Greed [target/self]: When you use this action, you must post its full name in bold text in the public thread, and then explain what this action does. In order for this action to take effect, you must link that special post to the moderator in your action PM. If you do not target yourself, they have two randomly selected shotted abilities each gain an additional shot at the end of the Day. If you target yourself, instead you may use two additional actions other than I Play Pot Of Greed this Day.
(Day) Now I Shall Explain What It Does [target]: At the end of the Day, a random ability in your target’s role is selected. Before submitting their Night actions, they must choose to either let you learn the full text of the ability, or Disable it for the duration of the Night. A given ability cannot be selected again after you have learned it. (They are informed of this requirement, though not of your identity.)
(Day) Competitive Play Ban [target]: If your target attempts to use two or more actions during the next Night, they are roleblocked - Pot of Greed is banned in competitive play!
(1-Shot, Day) Exactly What I Needed: You draw the Swords of Revealing Light, and grant yourself publicly visible kill immunity for the remainder of the Day and the full duration of the next Night.

Night 4 has begun. Night 4 will end Wednesday, 5 PM Central time, November 2nd, or when I receive all Night actions and have time to process them.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 02:00:23 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (9 / 14) - Night 4 - Last Steps Of You Poor Fools?
« Reply #1367 on: November 06, 2022, 02:00:08 pm »

Processing night actions.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (9 / 14) - Night 4 - Last Steps Of You Poor Fools?
« Reply #1368 on: November 07, 2022, 08:34:41 am »

Time resumes. Your heart skips its beats and shudders to life once again, pulse quickening upon the altar of this undead, unholy game.

Please resume murdering each other in an orderly fashion.

Nobody seems to have died, but whether that surprises you or not is up in the air.

EuchreJack (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (0):
NJW2000 (0):
notquitethere (0):
TolyK (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (10): EuchreJack, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, Knightwing64, Nakéen, NJW2000, notquitethere, TolyK, ToonyMan, TricMagic

6 to hammer.

Day 5 has begun. Day 5 will end in over 48 hours - November 9th, Wednesday, 6 PM, Central time. Or whenever hammer occurs.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

So, I have confirmation on a particular player's actions this night. Don't know anything else.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, Knightwing and Nakeen are the only ones who could have stopped the kill. Which is it?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

I have partial confirmation of another player's actions and I'm pretty sure...

Some people really need to read the thread and think before they act.

Like, if we catch the Countdowner today it won't be catastrophic, but otherwise it was potentially game-losing.

Interested in Toony, Nakeen and EuchreJack today.

Nakeen's early days were dodgy as hell, even if Vector kept saying so, and I think that could have been a bus/distancing still. Also their nights were very unconfirmed.
EJ didn't seem scummy to me early on, but has since apparently lost interest in affecting the game... need to consider whether this would be countdown!EJ or not.

And as for Toony...

The Yu-Gi-Oh reasoning was them. They also play Yu-Gi-Oh... Hmph.
The final countdown seems like a REASONABLY well-known card, but not super well-known.
There're other countdowns... well known songs, for example... But the effect did look like the Yu-Gi-Oh card.
Their N1 watch wasn't actively confirmed, but even for them fakeclaiming a watch would be ballsy as hell.

And there are subtler things this game... moments that are just slightly off, stuff I need to think more about.

So, Knightwing and Nakeen are the only ones who could have stopped the kill. Which is it?

And which kill would this be?
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Yo ho ahoy me hearties! I have some bountiful news! Last night I hunted the big whale himself: Toony O'Man... and the blasted barnacle botherer is an Omega class...

aye in layman's language, the Toon is a third-party!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remind me: could that be mally, or is it definitely something else?

Investigating Toony is quite possibly something I'd have done, but I'd still like to hear the rationale.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have partial confirmation of another player's actions and I'm pretty sure...

Some people really need to read the thread and think before they act.

Like, if we catch the Countdowner today it won't be catastrophic, but otherwise it was potentially game-losing.

Interested in Toony, Nakeen and EuchreJack today.

Nakeen's early days were dodgy as hell, even if Vector kept saying so, and I think that could have been a bus/distancing still. Also their nights were very unconfirmed.
EJ didn't seem scummy to me early on, but has since apparently lost interest in affecting the game... need to consider whether this would be countdown!EJ or not.

And as for Toony...

The Yu-Gi-Oh reasoning was them. They also play Yu-Gi-Oh... Hmph.
The final countdown seems like a REASONABLY well-known card, but not super well-known.
There're other countdowns... well known songs, for example... But the effect did look like the Yu-Gi-Oh card.
Their N1 watch wasn't actively confirmed, but even for them fakeclaiming a watch would be ballsy as hell.

And there are subtler things this game... moments that are just slightly off, stuff I need to think more about.

And which kill would this be?
Jim's should have been recharged?

Ninjapirate. Can you cut a fool's neck?

... NJW swapped with Toony, so.. (The night before last)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

juicebox recharged my kill.

I shot EuchreJack again.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp.. I roleblocked Nakeen last night, so Knightwing's the only one who could have blocked the kill?

Unless it's something Toony did, but...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, this is all confusing.

Claim: I was roleblocked, set on fire, and killed.

I assumed by Tric, for fairly obvious reasons.

... NJW swapped with Toony, so.. (The night before last)
This is not the case.

You know why it is wrong. We discussed me swapping with TolyK. At length.  ::)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Welp.. I roleblocked Nakeen last night, so Knightwing's the only one who could have blocked the kill?

Activating the Final Countdown makes it so that the mafia kill can't be used anymore. There's no mafia kill to search for from N4.

Claim: I was roleblocked, set on fire, and killed.

Why won't anybody DIE
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How in the world are you alive?

Oh I know, cause you also got doctored. So, Jim, NJW, Myself.. And Nakeen I suppose. And NQT. 5 out of 9 people. Toony's third party, so 6. That leaves Jack, Knightwing. And TolyK as the actors. Is TolyK town?
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 113