Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59166 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (10 / 14) - Day 4 - The Final Countdown
« Reply #1275 on: October 30, 2022, 05:51:35 am »

I'm back~

So. TolyK's ability as buffed my scales to a mirror sheen, meaning I can block another mafiakill. Not that that matters anymore. TolyK, want to collaborate your claim a bit more directly?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 30, 2022, 06:23:46 am »

... What? Pretty sure that wasn't me. From what I know at least, nothing should've changed for you from me.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 30, 2022, 06:34:56 am »

Early morning sillyness apparently. Mant ..Juice..

Still, the other half of that sentence. Can you confirm?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Swapped myself with TolyK and dodged Vector's conversion...

... Although I would say that, wouldn't I?
You would in any case.

Can you remind me what exactly swapping would do?
I just bus drove myself with you. So any single-target actions targetting you instead target me, and vice versa.

Hmph... yu-gi-oh and day actions. Doesn't look good for Juicebox.

NQT's investigate returned no kill action, looking back on it. So scum!Juice couldn't perform the mafiakill? Or at least, not unless NQT was a mally, and faked the misread once they'd found their partner. Otherwise, raises the question of who killed N1... not Vector, not Juicebox, not Webadict... huh.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 30, 2022, 06:38:12 am »

Aand it''s way too early today apparently.

The latter is easily confirmed just by having him juice someone up NJW. Theoretically TolyK should have investigated last night. Which makes me thing you're either mafia or the mally now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Beep Boop
« Reply #1280 on: October 30, 2022, 06:40:18 am »

INITIALISING BOOT SEQUENCE
Coagulating Variables...
Boxifying Avatar...
Reticulating Splines...
Version Updating...
Performing P-Mod Check...
Core Personality Module: Installed
Personality Instantiation: [1][1][2][2][3][3][4]
Performing Alignment Check... TOWN
Sense Of Humour Check... Found
Performing Analysis Modules...
Checking ScumHunter Pro™ License: Authenticated
ScumHunter Pro™: Installed.
ScumHunter Pro™ Analysis Suite Installation...
BasicWagonomics: Installed
AdvancedWagonomics: Installed
ChartMaker_v2: Installed
ELIZA_Question_Generator: Installed
Infallible_Eye: Not Found
Macro_Scan: Installed
Sentiment_Sifter: Installed
TunnelVisionTrialVersion: Expired
Vote_Ranker: Installed
LogicFuzz™: Installed
WIFOM_Disentagler: Installed
OMGUS_Guard: Installed
Piracy_Protection: Not Found
RapidFaultReassessment: Installed
!!WARNING GROG LEVELS CRITICAL!!
!!WARNING FURBALLS FOUND IN MAIN COMMUNICATION CHUTE!!

Sanity_Check... SANE
...ROBO-NQT-4000 Successfully Initialised
Code: [Select]
         __
 _(\    |@@|
(__/\__ \--/ __
   \___|----|  |   __
       \ V4 /\ )_ / _\
       /\__/\ \__O (__
      (--/\--)    \__/
      _)(  )(_
     `---''---`
HELLO, WORLD

Users, welcome to ROBO-NQT-4000, a new upgraded version of ROBO-NQT. New features include Advanced Wagonomics and the LogicFuzz™ suite of propositional, predicate and modal logic for statement analysis.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 30, 2022, 06:40:52 am »

So, I was target locked to 3 folks, selected a particular target, and used a night ability. I was blocked this night, presumably due to being redirected outside the 3 targets, and also ended up with a status effect (not Congregation).

That last part is the most suspicious part.

PPE: In fact I did investigate one of the targets, but got no results.

Ninja 2: dammit the bit bot is back.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 30, 2022, 06:44:31 am »

Yeah, NJW. Your reasoning for bussing is extremely flawed here. I'm fairly certain we can't trust anything you say anymore.

Sorry about that TolyK, I aimed at NJW with my dragons breath. It roleblocks. And sets people on fire as usual.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 30, 2022, 06:52:23 am »

Doublechecking with the bot. Vector had no confirmed action N1 right? NJW has a role that means he can never be interacted with directly.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 30, 2022, 07:11:36 am »

ACTIVATING MACRO SCAN
EuchreJack: Not Found.
Jim Groovester: Claim: Gave nuts to TricMagic
juicebox: Claims to have submitted a Yugioh role. This matches day mafiakill ability. Previously inspected as Not A Killer. Possibilities: Godfather or town. Puts forward highly implausible NQT/Jack scum team.
Knightwing64: Not found.
Maximum Spin: Dead town. Most likely killed by Vector as per previous assessment.
Nakéen: Not found.
NJW2000: Thunderdomed and spared by previous personality installment. Claim: bussed self with TolyK.
Roden: Dead. Town ejected D1.
TolyK: Claim: Was limtied to three targets, and blocked.
ToonyMan: Claim: roleblocked.
TricMagic: Found. Claims blocking NJW, redirected onto TolyK, giving Flame status. This confirms TolyK and NJW's night action. Claims being buffed by TolyK.
Vector: Dead. Mafia, as predicted by earlier analysis.
webadict: Mafia Ally. Dead. Ejected D2 after critical self-hammer failure. Was open about protecting mafia team member Vector. Did the same for TricMagic and EuchreJack. Likelihood that some town protection was chosen as cover: HIGH.

Macro Scan Analysis

33.33% suspects not found.
Most suspicious: Juicebox. Reason: Day actor, Yugioh card submitter, bad scum-team analysis.
Recommendation: Wait for full claims.

++Macro Scan Speculation++
- Who blocked Toonyman?
- What was the action of ROBO-NQT-4000's previous personality module? [CLAIM PENDING. REASON: TRAP]
- Juicebox is very likely the day killer. This matches this unit's previous analysis that one scum is a godfather, to match the game theme of "many inspects, many false results". Alternative possibility: the earlier Yugioh claim was deliberate setup to soak up attention when the Final Countdown was initiated, so the real Yugioh player would remain unsuspected.
- What did Nakeen, Knightwing, and EuchreJack do?
- Does TricMagic confirm Jim's claim?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 30, 2022, 07:15:10 am »

Jim's claim is right here..

How did toony get roleblocked if TolyK had a limited list of people? Also, Knightwing? Would the real dragon stand up?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

LogicFuzz Argument Inspector

NQT's investigate returned no kill action, looking back on it. So scum!Juice couldn't perform the mafiakill? Or at least, not unless NQT was a mally, and faked the misread once they'd found their partner. Otherwise, raises the question of who killed N1... not Vector, not Juicebox, not Webadict... huh.

Argument:
P1. [NQT is a Mally] OR [Juicebox is town]
P2. IF [Juice is town] then [no one could have been killed N1]
P3. [Someone was killed N1]
C. Therefore: NOT[Juicebox is town] AND [NQT is a Mally]

Analysis:
- P1 is false. Juicebox could be a godfather. NJW's imagined setup would entail two scum, two mafia allies and a third mafia ally on death conversion. NJW probably does not believe this is the setup.
- P2 is false. Vector most likely performed the kill on N1, as they claimed a town inspect on Webadict (later discovered to be redirected). Clearly, Vector the mafia player did not perform and inspect.

Recommendation: NJW should reassess previous game state analysis before making invalid speculation.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 30, 2022, 08:01:45 am »

NJW's current reasoning for bussing themselves with TolyK is false. NJW has no reason to bus to an investigative actor as town. There was no night kill the previous two nights.

In Example A, NJW is mafia and has been consistently avoiding investigation.

In Example B, NJW was town and did it anyway, so they got converted. Their post is consistent with a Mafiaally's reasoning.

In both examples, it's extremely negative.

In Example C, NJW is town. They're just very very bad at it. If they were worried about being converted, then they were hit with Conflagration earlier and didn't tell about it. They should have bussed with someone they thought was mafia. Which would mean my roleblock would have hit that person. Instead they target TolyK.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 30, 2022, 08:11:44 am »

One annoying thing is I might have an ability in my advanced catalogue to deal with this. But I only get those if I'm the only dragon left. Which probably rules out knightwing given he's the other dragon. My blessing can't actually protect people from this kill given it's a superkill.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 30, 2022, 08:38:33 am »

Tric: Vector hit me with Congregation, and revealed a conversion mafiakill that hits people with Congregation. I had to bus with someone unpredictable, or risk being converted to a losing scumteam. TolyK was a decent choice. I didn't want to bus with a highly suspected player because of the high number of inspects flying around.

NQT: yeah, no shit there's stuff that could make my reasoning invalid, it's a BYOR, I'm not the one who's been constantly insisting on solving through night analysis. Also didn't know your gunsmith inspect doesn't work on godfathers, but w/e.

Also, Vector probably didn't do the kill N1. They probably tried to target Web to hit them with Congregation, so Web wouldn't kill mafia. Hence the stuff with the mod error giving Web what looked like the Congregation status. Obviously.

Your formal logic is obviously very impressive and all, but just slow down on the posting and think for a bit first. Please. I've asked this before.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 113