Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59143 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (10 / 14) - Day 4 - The Final Countdown
« Reply #1260 on: October 29, 2022, 06:37:26 pm »

Swapped myself with TolyK and dodged Vector's conversion...

... Although I would say that, wouldn't I?
It doesn't matter. The fact is you're not mafia and not worth voting. Whether there was no kill last night because Vector converted you to mally or not doesn't matter.

I was roleblocked again. It couldn't have been Webadict this time so obviously mafia did it so I couldn't watch my target which I don't even feel like claiming.

Quote from: Final Countdown
(1-Shot, Day, Mafiakill) Final Countdown: The end is nigh. This action can only be used on Day 4. When you use this ability, its full text is publicly revealed in the thread. The Mafiakill can no longer be used. If you are still alive at the end of Day 5, after the execution, kill every living non-mafia player in the game immediately, unstoppably, and irreversibly.
WTF another Yugioh card

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 29, 2022, 06:39:08 pm »

Oooor FoU lets the mafia use day abilities at night, in which case not much to go on... Hmph. Seems a bit meta-gamey, but will have to investigate that.

Yeah, the mally thing is very upstaging... was going to enjoy the drama of being the accused detective who has to clear their name and find the killer, but at this point, nobody's wasting the elim on me  :-\

Anyway, g'dnight for real.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 29, 2022, 06:43:29 pm »

If the remaining mafia are in fact Jack/Juicebox I am like 99% sure Final Countdown is something Juicebox would do here since they have the Yugioh role and claim to only have day abilities.

Yep, I only see you, me, TricMagic, and Nakeen have been online recently enough to have done that, although I suppose it could have been an action sent in a discord chat rather than a PM to the moderator.
I want to say this doesn't mean anything. :|

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 29, 2022, 06:45:20 pm »

(1-Shot, Day, Mafiakill) Final Countdown: The end is nigh. This action can only be used on Day 4. When you use this ability, its full text is publicly revealed in the thread. The Mafiakill can no longer be used. If you are still alive at the end of Day 5, after the execution, kill every living non-mafia player in the game immediately, unstoppably, and irreversibly.
WTF another Yugioh card

Talk me out of immediately voting juicebox.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 29, 2022, 06:52:54 pm »

I was planning on voting Jack today, but the Final Countdown trigger means we have to be more careful since Jack may not be that player.

Juicebox isn't necessarily the culprit since FoU could have just happened to give someone else a day ability that just happens to be the name of a Yugioh card. I do think Juicebox is a top pick though. I need to see how confident I feel of Juicebox being mafia with Vector (and probably Jack) since we know Vector was mafia now.

It seems really unfair to me since there's 10 players alive and we only have two cycles to kill them, that's like a 20% chance if we guessed randomly. Although I believe some players are very clearly not mafia which raises our chances slightly.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 29, 2022, 07:01:13 pm »

Oooor FoU lets the mafia use day abilities at night, in which case not much to go on... Hmph. Seems a bit meta-gamey, but will have to investigate that.
I tried using a day ability last night so that it would go off right when the day started, but FoU said they wouldn't pre-queue day actions unless they were really important and that I could submit my day action as soon as the day started instead.

The way they phrased it would mean you could pre-queue a day action if it was important, which this definitely would be I feel.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 29, 2022, 07:06:44 pm »

Reading the end of D1:

I really prefer Roden to Juicebox. C'mon... folks... whose with me
^^^
Vector wanting Roden over Juicebox during the tie.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 29, 2022, 07:08:55 pm »

Day 1 Votes at the time:
Vote Count
------------------------
-> juicebox    --4-- ToonyMan*, notquitethere*, TolyK*, Jim Groovester*,
-> Roden       --4-- juicebox*, webadict*, Vector*, Maximum Spin*,
NJW2000        --2-- EuchreJack*, TricMagic*,
Maximum Spin   --1-- Roden*,
TricMagic      --1-- Knightwing64*,

Not Voting     --3-- Nakéen*, NJW2000*, NJW2000*,

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

juicebox did not, in fact, give me the juice.

I gave

these nuts

to TricMagic.

Yeah so according to Fallacy, day actions happen immediately on use, and I can't just change the target several minutes after using the ability. So I was forced to target Tric.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 29, 2022, 07:27:32 pm »

@The Juice:
Who do you think is mafia? Who paid 2000 LP and activated Final Countdown?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 29, 2022, 08:14:47 pm »

I kinda want to say NQT, considering they used another ability with a countdown, I feel as though they could have another one.

Based on gameplay, Nakeen is still suspicious, but I don't think Vector would have been gunning for them that hard as their partner.

Jack is also suspicious to me atm, their D3 play was quite weak, and I can see them bussing one of their scumbuddies. I can also see them being scumbuddies with NQT.

Yeah i think the scumteam right now is Jack/NQT.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 29, 2022, 08:27:36 pm »

A three person scumteam is no longer possible... We got 2 days, 1 Malloy left, 1 mafia left, and one of each. Let's not be hasty today. Night from me. Will be back bright and early.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 29, 2022, 09:21:31 pm »

We don't have to kill all the remaining mafia by the end of Day 5, only the mafia player who started the Final Countdown.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 30, 2022, 12:49:21 am »

I kinda want to say NQT, considering they used another ability with a countdown, I feel as though they could have another one.
Yeah, but what about the fact it's a day ability that could be named after a card like Pot of Greed?

Based on gameplay, Nakeen is still suspicious, but I don't think Vector would have been gunning for them that hard as their partner.
I noticed you wanted Nakeen over Vector on D3. I really don't think Nakeen is mafia.

Jack is also suspicious to me atm, their D3 play was quite weak, and I can see them bussing one of their scumbuddies. I can also see them being scumbuddies with NQT.

Yeah i think the scumteam right now is Jack/NQT.
I don't think so.

NQT could be mafia, but they've been building a lot of towncred by "clearing" you and not killing NJW. NQT was also pushing for Jack on D2.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Swapped myself with TolyK and dodged Vector's conversion...

... Although I would say that, wouldn't I?
You would in any case.

Can you remind me what exactly swapping would do?

I had quite the interesting night, and I'm not sure what exactly happened. Happy to claim in a bit.

The sky rumbles. Lightning crashes, and booms. It rains blood for just a moment, then the weather fades.

Bloodred ink splatters through the windows and crashes upon the floor. It washes over you all briefly, splattering, surging, binding.

It drips down and etches sigils, runes. Quickly it describes numbers. Time passing, and the inevitability - of your death.

You realize (unless perhaps you caused this?) that this is the Mafiakill itself. That spell shared amongst the true villains of every FBYOR, that lethal action.

You have just been mafiakilled.

Well, not yet.

It's more accurate to say that you will be mafiakilled. That is... unless you stop it.

An ability's full text has been publicly revealed!

Ok, I thought this was D4 end, but thankfully we have 2 tries and maybe something at night.

Mod Fallacy, does this mean no mafiakill abilities can be used? Or just that particular one?

If needed, I can (semi) prove that this wasn't me, as I have a day ability that can be public. (Semi, because I don't have multiple or free actions, but I wouldn't be able to prove that part...)

We don't have to kill all the remaining mafia by the end of Day 5, only the mafia player who started the Final Countdown.
Exactly. Given the player count and mafia ally role from the start of the game (or was it? I guess so...), it's 1-2 players left.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 113