Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 59138 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (11 / 14) - Day 3 - This Always Happens, One Way Or Another
« Reply #1245 on: October 27, 2022, 12:58:54 am »

Vector to avoid shenanigans.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (11 / 14) - Day 3 - This Always Happens, One Way Or Another
« Reply #1246 on: October 27, 2022, 04:29:11 am »

Vector is chosen next. There are no real objections to this choice, but for whatever reason, they seem to smile as the votes tally up.

Quote from: Voting Board, Now Alphabetized

EuchreJack (2): ToonyMan, Nakéen
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (1): Vector
NJW2000 (0):
notquitethere (0):
TolyK (0):
ToonyMan (1): TricMagic
TricMagic (0):
Vector (6): notquitethere, EuchreJack, TolyK, NJW2000, NJW2000, Jim Groovester

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (3): juicebox, Knightwing64, Knightwing64

7 to hammer.

The scribe simply nods, and inscribes the results of the vote, and calls upon Most Elder for judgement.

Vector smiles slightly wider before a bolt of death strikes them and their avatar breathes no more.

The truth must be revealed, and so it is. This may be your first triumph - or your first loss.

For Vector's alignment was Mafia.

The spirit of their avatar rises, waves goodbye cheekily, and slips away, much to your astonishment.

What unnatural magics did they call upon?

Vector's role was the Public Universal Enemy.

Public Universal Enemy (mafia):
(Disabled, Auto) Speak of Evil: Your words are vile and honeyed. When you act on a player, you may choose to give them the “Congregation” Status. When you act on a player, you may choose to let them know you visited them.
(Auto) Wandering Spirit: You may communicate in the scumchat after your death, as your spirit rises from its grave.
(Night) Dire Revelation [target]: You listen for unearthly knowledge, and learn your target’s alignment, along with whether or not they visited a player possessing the “Congregation” Status this Night.
(Night) Mesmerizing Sermon [target/self]: You demand to be heard. Each player with the “Congregation” Status changes their target to your target if they (the player being redirected, not your target) are using a single single-target action this Night.
(1-Shot, Night, Mafiakill, Innate) Unholy Martyrdom [target]: You breathe your last and claim an unfortunate soul for your own. You may, and may only, use this ability the Night after your death. If your target has the “Congregation” Status and they are Town-aligned, their alignment changes to Mafia-Ally. This does not count as a kill action.
(Reference) (Status) Congregation: You are claimed by an unearthly power. If you would be killed, the kill action fails without informing its user. If this occurs, you lose this Status. However, if you use a kill action on a Mafia-aligned player, it will fail without informing you. (Conditional kill actions don’t count if they don’t trigger their lethality.)

Ten left. For you, this may be a setback or a step towards victory. Who can tell?

The shadows welcome your avatars.

Night 3 has begun. Night 3 will end Friday October 28th, 6 PM, Central/forum time. It is unlikely to end early.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 12:49:57 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (10 / 14) - Night 3 - The Enemy Is Unveiled, So The Spirit Walks
« Reply #1247 on: October 27, 2022, 05:20:44 am »

Note: I'm going to process any additional end-of-Day occurrences a bit later than normal, since I need to get some sleep. To be precise, I already have the processing done, I just need to write up and send the PMs, I'm just worried that I'll mess it up if I don't get some sleep first.

Give me a few hours. If I don't take care of this immediately after that, then I'll extend the Night end to make up for it.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 27, 2022, 10:15:49 am »

Right, I’m handling that after I get home from work. As such I’m extending the Night end to the same time Saturday, with much higher potential to end the Night early.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 27, 2022, 08:10:46 pm »

Right, I’m handling that after I get home from work. As such I’m extending the Night end to the same time Saturday, with much higher potential to end the Night early.
All processing has been completed.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 29, 2022, 12:50:08 pm »

Processing Night actions now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 29, 2022, 05:54:13 pm »

Your avatar steps back into the waking light. There are still quite a few players left. Nobody seems to have died during the prior dark-shrouding, but perhaps that is to be expected...?

Ten remain.

Quote from: Voting Board, Now Alphabetized

EuchreJack (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (0):
NJW2000 (0):
notquitethere (0):
TolyK (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (12): EuchreJack, Jim Groovester, juicebox, Knightwing64, Knightwing64, Nakéen, NJW2000, NJW2000, notquitethere, TolyK, ToonyMan, TricMagic

7 to hammer.

What remains to be done? There are still villains amongst you all - perhaps you even are one.

Day 4 has begun. Day 4 will end on Monday, 6 PM Central time, October 31st, or on a hammer.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... So, what did you do last night NJW? I'd expect Jack to panic, though guess vector is still around.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Swapped myself with TolyK and dodged Vector's conversion...

... Although I would say that, wouldn't I?
One wheel short of a wagon

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

juicebox did not, in fact, give me the juice.

I gave

these nuts

to TricMagic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The sky rumbles. Lightning crashes, and booms. It rains blood for just a moment, then the weather fades.

Bloodred ink splatters through the windows and crashes upon the floor. It washes over you all briefly, splattering, surging, binding.

It drips down and etches sigils, runes. Quickly it describes numbers. Time passing, and the inevitability - of your death.

You realize (unless perhaps you caused this?) that this is the Mafiakill itself. That spell shared amongst the true villains of every FBYOR, that lethal action.

You have just been mafiakilled.

Well, not yet.

It's more accurate to say that you will be mafiakilled. That is... unless you stop it.

An ability's full text has been publicly revealed!

Quote from: Final Countdown
(1-Shot, Day, Mafiakill) Final Countdown: The end is nigh. This action can only be used on Day 4. When you use this ability, its full text is publicly revealed in the thread. The Mafiakill can no longer be used. If you are still alive at the end of Day 5, after the execution, kill every living non-mafia player in the game immediately, unstoppably, and irreversibly.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (10 / 14) - Day 4 - The Final Countdown
« Reply #1256 on: October 29, 2022, 06:23:05 pm »

Nakeen just went offline very, very quickly.

After the day began though. Hm.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 29, 2022, 06:24:51 pm »

Well, I have stuff to do tonight and am slightly tipsy anyhow... back in ~12 hours probably.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

An ability's full text has been publicly revealed!

Quote from: Final Countdown
(1-Shot, Day, Mafiakill) Final Countdown: The end is nigh. This action can only be used on Day 4. When you use this ability, its full text is publicly revealed in the thread. The Mafiakill can no longer be used. If you are still alive at the end of Day 5, after the execution, kill every living non-mafia player in the game immediately, unstoppably, and irreversibly.

:|

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 29, 2022, 06:31:34 pm »

Nakeen just went offline very, very quickly.

After the day began though. Hm.

Yep, I only see you, me, TricMagic, and Nakeen have been online recently enough to have done that, although I suppose it could have been an action sent in a discord chat rather than a PM to the moderator.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 113