Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58992 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Cutthroat - 1 Replacement Needed
« Reply #1020 on: October 21, 2022, 07:00:12 pm »

In response to having his throat cut, NJW2000 puts on a pair of sunglasses.

I suggest adding notquitethere's profile picture in the right or left upper corner.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 21, 2022, 07:01:06 pm »

The man who now has THREE votes to squander pointlessly!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 21, 2022, 07:06:20 pm »

Overall, I'm not liking the new NQT persona. Sure, cutting throats is fun, but I'm not sure what is the theme. And I don't see any entertaining dialog. In fact, it appears that NQT in his current form can only post 16 more times.

@NQT: Is this a Doctor Who reference, or what? If you could answer this when you otherwise be posting, thanks.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 21, 2022, 07:15:19 pm »

*breathe in*

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 21, 2022, 07:27:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 22, 2022, 01:19:28 am »

1) No attack on my word choice of "dislike" over "distrust"? You're slipping, Toonyman.
Are you implying you think I'm town, but don't like me? Because your later statements here go against that.

2) No comment on whether or not the survival of TolyK is necessary for your ability to be used? Instead, you state what should be obvious from your point of view.
...No, TolyK doesn't need to be alive for me to use their ability as far as I'm aware.

3) NO, this statement by you is patently false and poor reasoning.  My argument is: In a past game, scum!Toonyman gave an item (a bulletproof vest), to town!Jack and this endeared town!Jack to scum!Toonyman, leading to a town read.  That town read meant town!Jack gave scum!Toony access to a neighbor chat, with which scum!toony manipulated town!Jack & town!Max into losing the game.  How curious that YOU should know that, and that the only other player who was so heavily involved in that neighbor chat should be dead, hm?
First, you're correct. There's nothing proving TolyK isn't hoodwinking me. Jim however is not unless Tric's town inspect is false in some way. My impression of TolyK is that they're third-party at worst but it is possible they're mafia who gave me a very strong ability for some reason. Do I believe that? No. Also, it's an even better item than a bulletproof vest and the dual nature of it would mean it would benefit mafia just as heavily (as mafia giving themselves bulletproof vests isn't usually that great, that's one of the reasons I didn't care about giving you one in that game).

Second, you're accusing me of being mafia and killing Max to keep this public knowledge hidden. I don't have any comments about that. I didn't kill Max and I'm not involved with their death. Why are you implying you trust (but dislike) me in the first part of this post, but then jab at me with suspicion here?

*) Additionally, scum!UselessMcMiner in Totem Mafia 3 pulled a trick where he claimed to have sent scum!Toony a message.  Scum!Toony decided his odds were winning were higher if he claimed to NOT get the message. So the whole TolyK-Toony "really good action" could be long con.
This was a miscommunication where my scum partner UselessMcMiner wanted to do that role-claim, but I had already claimed that nothing happened with me last night. I couldn't go back on what I said, so I decided to say I didn't receive anything from them. Roden and others were able to spot how strange and unnatural this exchange was between us, because it was strange and unnatural.

I'm not in secret communications with anybody in this game. Look at the interactions between TolyK and myself, this will prove that. You won't find any unnatural interactions with me because I'm not scum.

How are you going to dig your way out of the shit Jack?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 22, 2022, 01:25:37 am »

Overall, I'm not liking the new NQT persona. Sure, cutting throats is fun, but I'm not sure what is the theme.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 22, 2022, 02:08:44 am »

I'm enjoying a brief moment of clarity before slipping into my third bizarre persona tomorrow. I did plan on keeping piracy up during the end here, but it wasn't necessary and I found myself longing for clarity. No overbearing theme now, just quiet contemplation and the indication that when I am done, I shall remain silent until tomorrow.

There's a very real effect to embodying different voices. As a pirate I was more aggressive, quick to post, and consequently more slapdash, than I was as a robot. Feel much more calm now, despite the blood pooling on the floor.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 22, 2022, 02:56:06 am »

1) No attack on my word choice of "dislike" over "distrust"? You're slipping, Toonyman.
Are you implying you think I'm town, but don't like me? Because your later statements here go against that.

2) No comment on whether or not the survival of TolyK is necessary for your ability to be used? Instead, you state what should be obvious from your point of view.
...No, TolyK doesn't need to be alive for me to use their ability as far as I'm aware.

3) NO, this statement by you is patently false and poor reasoning.  My argument is: In a past game, scum!Toonyman gave an item (a bulletproof vest), to town!Jack and this endeared town!Jack to scum!Toonyman, leading to a town read.  That town read meant town!Jack gave scum!Toony access to a neighbor chat, with which scum!toony manipulated town!Jack & town!Max into losing the game.  How curious that YOU should know that, and that the only other player who was so heavily involved in that neighbor chat should be dead, hm?
First, you're correct. There's nothing proving TolyK isn't hoodwinking me. Jim however is not unless Tric's town inspect is false in some way. My impression of TolyK is that they're third-party at worst but it is possible they're mafia who gave me a very strong ability for some reason. Do I believe that? No. Also, it's an even better item than a bulletproof vest and the dual nature of it would mean it would benefit mafia just as heavily (as mafia giving themselves bulletproof vests isn't usually that great, that's one of the reasons I didn't care about giving you one in that game).

Second, you're accusing me of being mafia and killing Max to keep this public knowledge hidden. I don't have any comments about that. I didn't kill Max and I'm not involved with their death. Why are you implying you trust (but dislike) me in the first part of this post, but then jab at me with suspicion here?

*) Additionally, scum!UselessMcMiner in Totem Mafia 3 pulled a trick where he claimed to have sent scum!Toony a message.  Scum!Toony decided his odds were winning were higher if he claimed to NOT get the message. So the whole TolyK-Toony "really good action" could be long con.
This was a miscommunication where my scum partner UselessMcMiner wanted to do that role-claim, but I had already claimed that nothing happened with me last night. I couldn't go back on what I said, so I decided to say I didn't receive anything from them. Roden and others were able to spot how strange and unnatural this exchange was between us, because it was strange and unnatural.

I'm not in secret communications with anybody in this game. Look at the interactions between TolyK and myself, this will prove that. You won't find any unnatural interactions with me because I'm not scum.

How are you going to dig your way out of the shit Jack?

I do appreciate the info. It's late and I'm tired, so I'm not sure how I read you right now.

My item #1 was specifically tailored to trigger a response from you, because I'm just unsure about you.

You're certainly not doing anything to earn my trust, but you have earned the trust of others.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 22, 2022, 04:56:41 am »

The reason I'm trusting Toony is due to the way he handled the first day (hence choice of target) and the second day. Additionally, his end of the bargain didn't make sense to me if he's a bad guy. I agree that my side is more iffy in this case, but not much I can do about that.

Wait, cut throat and shrugged it off, then NQT has a new schtick. Which is counting down the posts. Doomspeaker vibes? Probably not.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 22, 2022, 07:43:31 am »

I'm not going to leave the game (unless one of you kills me). The count is a part of the power. It gives NJW an opportunity. One he doesn't seem interested in talking.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 22, 2022, 08:32:57 am »

I say we vote out web and just save us the trouble of needing a replacement

Webadict Webadict

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #1034 on: October 22, 2022, 08:45:34 am »

The extra vote was to make it harder to hammer, in case Web tries to elim themselves again, I don't have another use for it yet. The throat-cutting thing is going to be a daykill, so might as well use what I have. It's unlikely that there will be another use for it.

I know I haven't played that well this game. Irritating that having an extra vote in a 14 player game means my daygame has to be that much better than everyone else's, while people get a pass on not using strong night abilities that well.

Web was wrong when they said anger motivates me... it makes me post unhelpfully for a short time, then leaves a void.

Spoiler: NQT (click to show/hide)

I'll post some reads, but that's probably about what I can do today.

Spoiler: reads (click to show/hide)

Will look further at game, time allowing. Happy voting out anyone less than null on above list, but accept it if people just want to get rid of Web. Note that this does however give him personal satisfaction mafia a potential vote advantage. Mannequin web still affects hammer threshold.

One from hammer, I think. I assume NQT and other people are going to want to post more, so maybe don't do that.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 113