Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58973 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #1005 on: October 21, 2022, 06:03:50 pm »

@NQT: Do you have a post restriction, or is this the countdown to NJW2000 Armageddon?
Both! When the countdown ends, it's curtains for NJW. I can stop the count whenever and save him, but he'd have to give me an extraordinary reason now after being so extraordinarily bad. The Age of Piracy has ended. Soon the silence will come for him.

I still don't believe he bussed himself to save Jim. Oh I believe the bus may have happened, but I don't believe NJW does it for that reason.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Cutthroat - 1 Replacement Needed
« Reply #1006 on: October 21, 2022, 06:08:39 pm »

Arr, fine information, Jack. So tell me about TolyK: the bottomfeeding blighter has been lurking, aye... what do you think about Toony's argument that the power he was given was very pro-town? Is that in any way compelling? I think it's a mild reason in favour giving TolyK another day.

But if I be honest, the reasons are small fish. There's a surfeit of traitors and only one plank.

Three things:
One, this requires me to believe Toony, whom I eminently dislike.
Two, apparently the gift has been given, so TolyK's survival doesn't influence Toony's ability to use TolyK's gift.
Three, this sounds like blatant bribery.  So apparently, both Jim & TolyK can give Toony stuff, and that means they're both town?  Toony did the same bullshit to get a radio from me in a previous Fallacy Game, then used that communication channel with Max & Me to manipulate us into throwing the game.  It was the last of Fallacy's Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3, Round 5. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post to the discord.

1. Eminency received.
2. I don't believe TolyK is mafia so yes, their continued survival is in my current interests.
3. Your argument would mean I'm mafia, not Jim and TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 21, 2022, 06:11:52 pm »

I warned him! Fair as fair, I warned him:

Put your votes somewhere useful, you splintering wreck or I'll throw you overboard meself. Last chance.

Ultimately, I can't trust NJW to make good choices. He's better dead than having two votes at LYLO. If he can't read me as town after the day I've put in today, he's either scum (very likely) or just really bad at this game. That alone would be a reason to daykill him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 21, 2022, 06:17:15 pm »

@NQT:
I understand your reasoning, but I think you're wrong.

NJW should get a chance to respond at least before your final judgment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 21, 2022, 06:22:25 pm »

I probably should have killed Web, if I knew he was definitely replacing out, that would have been the move to make for the good of the game. That said, I think it's less likely he leaves his team as scum, but it's not certain. I can see why the failed hammer was demotivated, he thought he'd gone out with a bang. I don't believe he has a revive now.

Good of Fallacy to extend the day. Means I can go to bed. I'll give plenty of time for NJW to respond. Another reason: votes are town's main weapon, and who has been more scared of using his votes? Big red flag for me.

Everyone, don't hammer while I'm asleep, please.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 21, 2022, 06:26:44 pm »

Woah. Now that's a lot of twists. (Also NQT is no longer a pirate it would seem)

@Fallacy: how do replacements work?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 21, 2022, 06:30:34 pm »

@Fallacy: how do replacements work?
A member of Bay 12 from outside the game may accept the replacement request at any time. Once they do, they take webadict's place in the game, and receive a full log of all actions webadict has taken, and their results.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 21, 2022, 06:34:27 pm »

My financial situation requires that I sleep and then, and I do not have anything to currently contribute.

If you're going to do something, NQT, please do it, rather than waste people's time.
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 21, 2022, 06:38:34 pm »

The countdown is a part of the ability, it's not deliberate time wasting. I'm going to sleep. Maybe I'll feel differently in the morning.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 21, 2022, 06:40:23 pm »

Oh nice there's been an extension. I'll try to post something later then, also unvote , I dont want web hammered while I'm away.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 21, 2022, 06:42:58 pm »

In response to having his throat cut, NJW2000 puts on a pair of sunglasses.

NJW2000 uses Cool Shades.

NJW2000 now possesses an additional (currently unused) vote.

This would be the point where I post a votecount, but that'll take a bit, so give me some time to do that.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 21, 2022, 06:45:57 pm »

Wait wot

WDYM throat cut?

WHAT DID I MISS

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 21, 2022, 06:47:11 pm »

NJW2000 uses Cool Shades.

NJW2000 now possesses an additional (currently unused) vote.

This would be the point where I post a votecount, but that'll take a bit, so give me some time to do that.
... Sigh.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 21, 2022, 06:55:09 pm »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 21, 2022, 06:58:57 pm »

Arr, fine information, Jack. So tell me about TolyK: the bottomfeeding blighter has been lurking, aye... what do you think about Toony's argument that the power he was given was very pro-town? Is that in any way compelling? I think it's a mild reason in favour giving TolyK another day.

But if I be honest, the reasons are small fish. There's a surfeit of traitors and only one plank.

Three things:
One, this requires me to believe Toony, whom I eminently dislike.
Two, apparently the gift has been given, so TolyK's survival doesn't influence Toony's ability to use TolyK's gift.
Three, this sounds like blatant bribery.  So apparently, both Jim & TolyK can give Toony stuff, and that means they're both town?  Toony did the same bullshit to get a radio from me in a previous Fallacy Game, then used that communication channel with Max & Me to manipulate us into throwing the game.  It was the last of Fallacy's Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3, Round 5. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post to the discord.

1. Eminency received.
2. I don't believe TolyK is mafia so yes, their continued survival is in my current interests.
3. Your argument would mean I'm mafia, not Jim and TolyK.

You realize that you didn't actually respond to me, despite your responding to a post that I made to another forumite, right?
1) No attack on my word choice of "dislike" over "distrust"? You're slipping, Toonyman.
2) No comment on whether or not the survival of TolyK is necessary for your ability to be used? Instead, you state what should be obvious from your point of view.
3) NO, this statement by you is patently false and poor reasoning.  My argument is: In a past game, scum!Toonyman gave an item (a bulletproof vest), to town!Jack and this endeared town!Jack to scum!Toonyman, leading to a town read.  That town read meant town!Jack gave scum!Toony access to a neighbor chat, with which scum!toony manipulated town!Jack & town!Max into losing the game.  How curious that YOU should know that, and that the only other player who was so heavily involved in that neighbor chat should be dead, hm?

*) Additionally, scum!UselessMcMiner in Totem Mafia 3 pulled a trick where he claimed to have sent scum!Toony a message.  Scum!Toony decided his odds were winning were higher if he claimed to NOT get the message. So the whole TolyK-Toony "really good action" could be long con.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 113