Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58985 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #990 on: October 21, 2022, 04:48:39 pm »

I'm definetly begining to dislike NJW/Toony here.

Webadict, cheer up.

Still mind games to play, even if it seems bad.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 21, 2022, 04:49:09 pm »

Twenty posts left NJW for you to make a real case. Or I'm throwing you to the sharks meself just like I said. This here's not an idle threat, buccaneer. If you want to stay in the game, make a real case.

Crew, I'm giving NJW a chance to show me he's town. In the meantime, I still think EuchreJack is a good pick, and one I will support at EOD, though in my heart, I like him for confirming me rolepower. Is that scumwork? Aye I can see the argument both ways.

It'd probably be pro-game to throw out Web, but arr, I can still see a world where he's fancy-playing town (perhaps with a revive).

I think Vector needs dangling overboard by an ankle at least once today.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 21, 2022, 04:56:38 pm »

Missed this question by Jack.

TolyK, did ye ever explain why you left it until the end to claim miller? That's a borderline hanging offence.

No, I did not explain. For one, I didn't (and don't) intend on remaining a miller for long. For two, I wasn't too active earlier in day 1. Finally, by now I've claimed a significant portion of my current role (and part of my non-current role); I was quite hesitant to give too much too fast, but after the other claim had realized that claiming miller after being investigated is quite dumb & counterproductive.

And I suspected (correctly!) that inspects are pretty much nerfed in this game anyways. Turns out target redirection is a big thing.

@Tolyk: WTF is up with this "I'm a miller yesterday, but I'll presumably waste some action just to not be a miller, even though I'm already tainted anyways." I don't see this as helpful to finding Scum. Could you explain further?

Having the miller part taken away isn't the main point of that action, but rather switching roles (outside the game, not with a player). Since I intend to switch at some point in the near future (for other reasons), I won't be a miller. I'll let everyone know if/when that happens.

And I've claimed that part before (e.g. becoming a Dragon), so yeah.

That's honestly a good point. TolyK, why would you spend an action to frame yourself as town? That doesn't actually change anything for you.
See above.

There's no info to be got by lynching Webadict. He can just go shock himself at night or slip on some ice or something.

Basically invalidating the whole Day 2 was not a nice move. Like, not cool. I had to throw it out, disregarding whatever Webadict says, and trying again. (That's actually a lot faster because hooo boy does Webadict post a lot for someone who doesn't want to be here...). Appreciate the vote bot runs, though.

I'm assuming Toony is town (due to choice info) (if you're mafia then gg), so I'll trust this:

<probably most readable post summarizing the claims>

I think there's four possibilities here:

1. Jack is hiding something.
2. NQT is hiding something.
3. Webadict also Soaked Jack and is hiding it.
4. Someone else Soaked just Jack and is hiding it.

(Also Toony congrats on Mythic.)

I'm mostly assuming Jim is town due to not taking the game seriously (ok and everything checks out).

The whole "mod error" thing and Vector then "no comment" on revive giving and also inspecting web makes it seem like they're trying to buddy to webadict. Also just old familiarity, of course, but in the game context it was just baseless buddying from both of them (ok I said I'd ignore Web's comments...). So, basically no usable information. (Update w/ latest post - mod error situation seems reasonable but still, not much to go by).

One thing I've noticed is that Jack has just... come up with several theories during D2 that I can't find the reason for (no quotes, only notes - "what if x?" is not useful & just seems like active thinking).

I really have no clue about NJW, all I got written down was confirmation of Juice actioning them D1 and very likely confirmation of N1 action.

kw64 - townish, not much read from me except that there weren't any action contradictions. Could've still done the Max kill while redirecting?

NQT is active & was basically led astray by Webadict and so I really doubt they're the same alignment. However, could've faked the gunsmith information, given the apparent self-error (in a successful attempt to get out of being caught lying).

So somewhere between EuchreJack, Vector, NQT, Knightwing64, Nakeen and juicebox from my count. I'd go for Vector (primarily for webadict-buddying) or Jack / NQT (most info from interactions + could be lying about N1).

If I missed something particularly important, please tell me.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 21, 2022, 04:57:18 pm »

PPE: 27 new posts were too much to read before posting. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 21, 2022, 04:58:10 pm »

NJW and TolyK are terrible lynches.
What, did NJW give you bribe money too?
NJW gave me the best gift of all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ok, but seriously why not NJW?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 21, 2022, 05:01:29 pm »

Ties TolyK o'er the portside rigging

That there particularrr post be nice an' all... But it be all mud, no polish. Ye big disgrace to pirates everywhere.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 21, 2022, 05:02:34 pm »

Arr, I'm happy to back Toony's read on TolyK for one day, and it's encouraging he's finally posting something with a bit o' bite!

He's absolutely right that Web's ejection is not maximally informative... especially as his reckless play hints at a revive.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 21, 2022, 05:12:34 pm »

NEW Temporary unofficial votecount that will probably be invalidated 2 seconds after I post (or before)

EuchreJack (2): ToonyMan, Jim
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (0):
NJW2000 (0):
notquitethere (1): NJW2000
TolyK (2): EuchreJack, Tric
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
Vector (1): NQT
webadict (5): Knightwing64, Nakéen, webadict, Vector, juicebox,

No Execution (0):
Not Voting: Knightwing64, TolyK, NJW2000

Who COULD be voting more: Knightwing64, NJW2000 (and TolyK, honestly)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 21, 2022, 05:15:00 pm »

NEW Temporary unofficial votecount that will probably be invalidated 2 seconds after I post (or before)

EuchreJack (2): ToonyMan, Jim
Jim Groovester (0):
juicebox (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Nakéen (0):
NJW2000 (0):
notquitethere (1): NJW2000
TolyK (2): EuchreJack, Tric
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
Vector (2): NQT, TolyK
webadict (5): Knightwing64, Nakéen, webadict, Vector, juicebox,

No Execution (0):
Not Voting: Knightwing64, NJW2000

Sorry TolyK, I missed your vote on Vector.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 21, 2022, 05:20:54 pm »

Arr, fine information, Jack. So tell me about TolyK: the bottomfeeding blighter has been lurking, aye... what do you think about Toony's argument that the power he was given was very pro-town? Is that in any way compelling? I think it's a mild reason in favour giving TolyK another day.

But if I be honest, the reasons are small fish. There's a surfeit of traitors and only one plank.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 21, 2022, 05:52:32 pm »

Arr, fine information, Jack. So tell me about TolyK: the bottomfeeding blighter has been lurking, aye... what do you think about Toony's argument that the power he was given was very pro-town? Is that in any way compelling? I think it's a mild reason in favour giving TolyK another day.

But if I be honest, the reasons are small fish. There's a surfeit of traitors and only one plank.

Three things:
One, this requires me to believe Toony, whom I eminently dislike.
Two, apparently the gift has been given, so TolyK's survival doesn't influence Toony's ability to use TolyK's gift.
Three, this sounds like blatant bribery.  So apparently, both Jim & TolyK can give Toony stuff, and that means they're both town?  Toony did the same bullshit to get a radio from me in a previous Fallacy Game, then used that communication channel with Max & Me to manipulate us into throwing the game.  It was the last of Fallacy's Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3, Round 5. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post to the discord.

@Fallacy: Am I allowed to link to the discord for Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3, Round 5? It looks like it is still active: You should probably change it read-only.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 21, 2022, 05:53:36 pm »

@NQT: Do you have a post restriction, or is this the countdown to NJW2000 Armageddon?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Cutthroat - 1 Replacement Needed
« Reply #1002 on: October 21, 2022, 05:56:30 pm »

notquitethere suddenly pulls a knife from his pocket and slashes NJW2000's throat. The audacity of this move is not to be understated.

notquitethere cuts NJW2000's throat!

Because a major Day action has been used, the Day has been extended by 24 hours. The Day will now end Saturday, October 22nd, 8 PM Central time.

webadict has requested a replacement.

@Fallacy: Am I allowed to link to the discord for Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3, Round 5? It looks like it is still active: You should probably change it read-only.
I probably should change it to read only, yes. You may not link to it, but as that game has finished, you may post screenshots from it as evidence if you choose to do so. The spirit of such an action is the same as the spirit of taking a quote from another Bay 12 mafia game.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 06:02:03 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 21, 2022, 05:59:23 pm »

Welp, nice knowing you NJW.

On that note, Webadict. I don't really feel like a new person that we have no clue on. That never seems to go well, and we're mostly full up anyway.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 21, 2022, 06:03:34 pm »

NQT you dastardly rogue!

Don't hammer anyone prematurely I still need to decide on my day action.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 113