Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58963 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #975 on: October 21, 2022, 03:44:19 pm »

Didn't think about splitting them... not sure who else I'd go for. I don't think anyone other than Web or EJ is likely to be the elim, and I don't particularly like either of those.

To be honest, my double vote has been a curse, as I wasn't around to use them in the explosion of activity at the end of D1. They've mostly been used for dumb wagons done while I was asleep.

NQT: reread your role pm, check you haven't missed anything.

So, you could use your double vote to start a wagon you believe in, or start two wagons. You could also ask people you think are town to join you in votes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 21, 2022, 03:47:34 pm »

Question, how did KW get his double votes?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 21, 2022, 03:51:18 pm »

@Jack:
Can you explain yourself here?
Also, I tend to Suspect Web, since the most likely reason I'm soaked is because Web just lied about his targets, excluding me.
webadict: I can see Web soaking me, not telling anyone, then waiting until a wagon builds on me just to see the results.  All as town!web. I could see town!web even sacrificing me to the wagon for info.  Thanks Web.
This doesn't make any sense. You suspect Web and then immediately townread them for the same reasons.

@Tric:
Question, how did KW get his double votes?
Knightwing's second target died (Max) so they claim to get a second vote from it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 21, 2022, 03:56:47 pm »

Odd, but Fal. Assuming there isn't a double town double vote. NJW had it from the start and could use it to swing votes around. They didn't day 1, but they could.

Assuming Knightwing's is limited, then I would be perfectly happen with an NJW lynch if it goes that way.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 21, 2022, 04:08:51 pm »

@Jack:
Can you explain yourself here?
Also, I tend to Suspect Web, since the most likely reason I'm soaked is because Web just lied about his targets, excluding me.
webadict: I can see Web soaking me, not telling anyone, then waiting until a wagon builds on me just to see the results.  All as town!web. I could see town!web even sacrificing me to the wagon for info.  Thanks Web.
This doesn't make any sense. You suspect Web and then immediately townread them for the same reasons.

My reads list was from Town to Scum, so Web was marginally in the town category. Above juicebox, who only gets into the town box due to NQT's scan which shows No Gun.

To be clear, I suspected Web of SOAKING me. And I used classic blue text to put pressure on Web to tell the truth.which spectacularly backfired
And I could NOT actually vote Web as TolyK had failed to answer. And now the panic of almost dying is fading, TolyK still hasn't answered.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Avast posting
« Reply #980 on: October 21, 2022, 04:11:35 pm »

NJW, arr, on your request I reread it and I learned... nothing I didn't already know. Should be no more mistakes from hereon. More to the point, I'm not walking the plank today, and your reason for voting me isn't just bad, it's not believable from a town-perpective. Ye think I'm lying about my ability, the ability that EuchreJack confirms AND I'm willing to push for a EuchreJack ejection? You haven't thought this one through.
Nah, you just told me I wasn't up to date with the game state, so I reminded you about that one time you totally caught scum.

And I don't think you're lying about your ability, I think you're telling the truth about it. I just think the ability and your way of losing it makes it look more like a scum ability than town.

Question for you then, NQT: You seem very sure here and here that Juicebox is scum. You then FoS a lot of people, and post a lot of reads. Why did you only post one associative read, given you were pretty sure you'd found scum?

One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 21, 2022, 04:11:38 pm »

NJW and TolyK are terrible lynches.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 21, 2022, 04:13:06 pm »

@This Guy NJW2000

Could I interest you in a TolyK lynch? One or two votes, up to you really.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 21, 2022, 04:13:42 pm »

What, did NJW give you bribe money too?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 21, 2022, 04:17:57 pm »

PFP

Sorry for the extended absence, work's been killing me, and I've had barely enough time to sleep. Also, eod is happening at a bad time for me, so I don't know whether I'll be able to be on for it.

So for right now I'll leave my vote on webadict, who's play so far has been quite antitown, and whose lynch would give us quite a bit of information.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 21, 2022, 04:19:07 pm »

I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 21, 2022, 04:19:26 pm »

And now the panic of almost dying is fading, TolyK still hasn't answered.
And now the panic of almost dying is fading
panic

Jack "panicking":

@Fallacy: Is there a dead chat?
Yes.
Best news all day. I can die happy now.
Reads List:
[blah blah blah]

Now I'm going to watch Young Sheldon.
Also, fuck you, this isn't funny.

There's amusing yourself with innocuous bullshit like repeatedly posting DRAGON DEEZ NUTZ to literally no one else's amusement, and then there's misleading and frustrating the good faith efforts of multiple players without good cause.
Wow, this statement is completely wrong in every way. Town points to Jim.
Also: DRAGON DEEZ NUTZ.

Vote count while Jack was "panicking":

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack  --4-- ToonyMan*, Jim Groovester*, notquitethere*, TricMagic*
Four votes, eight required to hammer.

You're full of shit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 21, 2022, 04:21:08 pm »

Uh...seven required to hammer, I was thinking of Day 1.

The main point is your post content/behavior anyway.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 21, 2022, 04:24:13 pm »

Yar, now that Web has given up, it falls on me to spat with NJW.

Nah, you just told me I wasn't up to date with the game state, so I reminded you about that one time you totally caught scum.
I'm beginning to dislike yer manner.

And I don't think you're lying about your ability, I think you're telling the truth about it. I just think the ability and your way of losing it makes it look more like a scum ability than town.
Arr, scum could make use of a power which told them who was a vig. It'd be a damn sight less infallible in the hands of scum, as they already know who they are, so the Beta result wouldn't get false positives. As it be, with the false positives possible on 2/3 results, it's clearly built and balanced for a loyal crewmate.

Question for you then, NQT: You seem very sure here and here that Juicebox is scum. You then FoS a lot of people, and post a lot of reads. Why did you only post one associative read, given you were pretty sure you'd found scum?
That first link was a bait post. I knew I could have a false positive (a town vig) so I were trying to bait him into claiming he had no kill. If he said, "I have a kill but didn't use it" then I'd have backed down and explained. Your second link be broken.

I got caught up trying to make sense of all the mechanical claims, but if you recall I did try to puzzle out who was trying to save Juicebox from walking the plank. You'll remember that because you said the analysis was bad.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 21, 2022, 04:33:18 pm »

What, did NJW give you bribe money too?
NJW gave me the best gift of all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 113