Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58573 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #450 on: October 15, 2022, 10:30:44 pm »

We are not killing Jim.

He will save the town.

I'm glad one of us has faith in my ability.

Or role, which I guess is good enough for me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 15, 2022, 10:30:54 pm »

Can we vote out Knightwing?
Knightwing claimed SK-miller. So they're town. Unless you think Knightwing thought up the idea to fake-claim miller which is not a thing that happens.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 15, 2022, 10:41:51 pm »

Knightwing claimed SK-miller. So they're town. Unless you think Knightwing thought up the idea to fake-claim miller which is not a thing that happens.

This absolutely does happen, although I'm not sure it happens for Knightwing in particular.

I'm still rereading. I've basically gotten through the TolyK posts and Tric starting to head for death (as per usual D1). NJW and EJ are pinging me but not in any major way. Nakéen's vote given what I've read seems ... extremely lazy. Wow big contribution much town.

Really not seeing the NQT push, it seems to be coming out of nowhere? Were people just giving him a little shove for pressure?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 15, 2022, 10:51:09 pm »

oh my fucking god why is Toony claiming like eight times
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 15, 2022, 10:52:11 pm »

oh my fucking god why is Toony claiming like eight times
lololol

Prooooobably not for Knightwing, but he makes me mad, and it'd make me feela little better

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 15, 2022, 10:53:10 pm »

I don't like an NJW2000 lynch.

Jim is... maybe scum.  I know that's a weird take, considering how many people think Jim is Town, but I feel like he's being a little less conspicuous than I'm used to, even when he's usually intermittent.

We do this every game, webadict.

As for Roden, their vote is still on Max, but their case is poor, mainly stemming from a post Max made that they say was intended to get Roden to move their RVS vote. They've also interacted with wuba a bit, over their defense of Tric, but otherwise haven't interacted with much of anyone. As such it's hard to get a read on them.

Hmmm, I like this point about Roden.

Now as for NJW, they've been pretty under the radar. They pushed wuba a little, over Tric again, they've prodded the inactives, and made a reads list.

I don't like the reason for several of their reads, for example, they say they can't read Max, who is doing a pretty decent job of acting like town, and I also dislike the fact that they said they scumread Toony, but haven't really followed up on that at all.

so I think that right now I'm more comfortable putting my vote on NJW2000

I don't like most of these takes. Most pertinently I don't think NJW2000 has been trying to be under the radar.

A lot of people have criticized NJW2000 for his slightly scum read on ToonyMan but when I read it I can kind of see where he's coming from. There is, at least, an element of criticism towards ToonyMan that rings correctly for me.

I'm leaning towards voting juicebox but I'm going to go read the game a bit more before playing Noita casting a vote. Not super happy about Roden's vote remaining on Maximum Spin this late in the day so thinking about that too.

But you know that Jim Groovester lynch, the part where Maximum Spin said I could play Noita and it would be win-win I have to admit does have a very appealing draw to it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 15, 2022, 10:55:03 pm »

I also gut feel don't like EuchreJack's vote on NJW2000 as well but I should probably go through the thread and confirm the basis for why I feel that way.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 15, 2022, 10:59:01 pm »

I would like to hear more from Roden and Jack as well.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 15, 2022, 11:01:00 pm »

@NJW2000: I am flattered that my presence was so inconspicuous I passed for a non-person. I wouldn't mind if you continued thinking so for the rest of the game though.

-------

I will refrain from voting for now, it seems there is enough pressured players to have interesting inputs on involved parties.

All of this is sus. I want to see some serious work from Nakéen Tomorrow.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 15, 2022, 11:04:48 pm »

Finally, I can post! Sorry for being late, oopsies :p

@EuchreJack: well you know the saying. Early bird gets the know, latter birds fight for the worm, and latest bird snatches the worm! Or something.

@juicebox: The pleasure is mine! I adapt my playstyle to the amount time I have, and I'm here to have fun. And half the fun is to figure it out, right? Or so they say, I think.

@NJW2000: I am flattered that my presence was so inconspicuous I passed for a non-person. I wouldn't mind if you continued thinking so for the rest of the game though.

-------

I will refrain from voting for now, it seems there is enough pressured players to have interesting inputs on involved parties.
^ Town.

Webadict. Your habit of chainsawing new/unskilled players is a good cloud to hide an inexperienced scumbuddy under. It's NAI when it comes to Tric, but it's absolutely a tell when you use it to protect people who are being outright suspicious. I learned from the Supernatural before the ... Webbernatural? Superweb?, goddammit!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 15, 2022, 11:08:08 pm »

I don't like an NJW2000 lynch.

Jim is... maybe scum.  I know that's a weird take, considering how many people think Jim is Town, but I feel like he's being a little less conspicuous than I'm used to, even when he's usually intermittent.

We do this every game, webadict.
Fuck, man, this is the fucking Towniest reply he coulda done.  Alright, Roden.

Code: [Select]
[abbr=Fuck you don't lynch me.][/abbr]
lol, got me twice.

Webadict. Your habit of chainsawing new/unskilled players is a good cloud to hide an inexperienced scumbuddy under. It's NAI when it comes to Tric, but it's absolutely a tell when you use it to protect people who are being outright suspicious. I learned from the Supernatural before the ... Webbernatural? Superweb?, goddammit!
Blah blah blah, I'll chainsaw defend whoever I want, if anything, the better way to point it out would be that it's unnecessary to comment on a player that can't be voted, see that's the better way to attack ya lemon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 15, 2022, 11:08:52 pm »

@Vector:
I agree. I wish I could vote Nakeen today as it would be very telling about Web I feel.

I reread Juicebox's posts and they feel pretty good. I don't really want to vote them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 15, 2022, 11:13:35 pm »

@Vector:
I agree. I wish I could vote Nakeen today as it would be very telling about Web I feel.

I reread Juicebox's posts and they feel pretty good. I don't really want to vote them.
Ya want me to kill him Tonight?  I'll do it, I'm not a coward.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 15, 2022, 11:14:53 pm »

I mean, that's the point of multiple bandwagons, ya bingo chips, I'm gonna shoot the other one!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 15, 2022, 11:16:53 pm »

Ya want me to kill him Tonight?  I'll do it, I'm not a coward.

Please and thanks :V

Don't worry, Webby. I know you're not a coward. Just scum.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 113