Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58548 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #465 on: October 15, 2022, 11:17:39 pm »

@Vector:
I agree. I wish I could vote Nakeen today as it would be very telling about Web I feel.

I reread Juicebox's posts and they feel pretty good. I don't really want to vote them.
Ya want me to kill him Tonight?  I'll do it, I'm not a coward.
If you plan on reflecting the kill to Nakeen or something, then sure.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 15, 2022, 11:26:03 pm »

TolyK's made six posts, and none of them have a take. They said they'd try to break the game, but they haven't been doing that.

TolyK has been being very, very quiet.

The apparent start of the TolyK wagon?

In my opinion, this isn't a great vote this early in the game at 14P, for a couple of reasons:

1. It completely ignores TolyK's repeated claim of post restrictions
2. It's about a pre-game commitment. Obviously we've seen a lot of nonsense so far in this game
3. This would be fine for effectively RVS, but we seem to be making our elim decision on the basis of ~6ish "boo I'm a ghost with a post restriction that wouldn't let me talk at all" type comments.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 15, 2022, 11:28:19 pm »

Please and thanks :V

Don't worry, Webby. I know you're not a coward. Just scum.
Man, if only, it'd be way easier to play that way.  I know you just default to me being scum because you care :)

@Vector:
I agree. I wish I could vote Nakeen today as it would be very telling about Web I feel.

I reread Juicebox's posts and they feel pretty good. I don't really want to vote them.
If you plan on reflecting the kill to Nakeen or something, then sure.
Well, that's not how that works, but also, no, that's not how the kill works either.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 15, 2022, 11:37:55 pm »

I haven't finished reading, but here are my basic conclusions.

0. I've completely ignored Tric in my reads thus far because I misread him so badly last Game. I have confidence in my ability to figure him out later with some interactions, but for now the Number One Tric Scumtell (or at least my ability to detect it) is defunct.

1. The TolyK wagon is a shitty wagon. Someone who has an inspect--which is basically guaranteed in a Big Bad BYORhouse--should use it on him and we should go with an elimination that gives us some actual information.

2. As mentioned IDKWTF Nakéen is doing. We have a couple of bad, lurky posts and that's it.

3. NQT is working hard this game. Jim is grumpy but I feel he is Town for Reasons. EJ is loud without getting a lot done which is null for EJ.  Toony and Web are fuckin' around as usual but I don't think that says much about either's alignment these days. Toony is harder for me to read in games where Web is present. They, er... corrupt each other's auras ;)

4. On the list of people who should be doing more, NJW is kind of high up. Max is quiet but on the flip side I've learned I cannot meta-read Max and need to use interactions + mechanical data as the game progresses. I don't know what I think about Roden.

Honestly, I'm frustrated with this D1. Is this what happens when I'm not here to scunt hum and rip people extra assholes? We just don't have very much data and there isn't a clear target to take out today in terms of having both scumtells and juicy interactions.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 15, 2022, 11:39:52 pm »

Inspecting TolyK is dumb, he literally claimed Miller.  Don't inspect TolyK

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 15, 2022, 11:42:12 pm »

If the Cop(s) are smart, they inspect me because if I'm converted, I can't do shit

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 15, 2022, 11:42:33 pm »

Hadn't seen this post:

I have read a few mafia games on B12, but it was back back when the subforum was more active (pre-2021). Never participated in a B12 mafia either, I played a few mafias on discord, and that's it.

More scum equity for Webadict.

Inspecting TolyK is dumb, he literally claimed Miller.  Don't inspect TolyK

He did? Shit

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 15, 2022, 11:44:40 pm »

Hadn't seen this post:

I have read a few mafia games on B12, but it was back back when the subforum was more active (pre-2021). Never participated in a B12 mafia either, I played a few mafias on discord, and that's it.

More scum equity for Webadict.
lol, Vector, just vote me already, I'm waiting for a big juicy fucking vote brigade last minute, fucking give me those votes, my mouth is drooling

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 15, 2022, 11:45:42 pm »

Web, you plan on using that kill tonight? You better commit if you say yes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 15, 2022, 11:48:26 pm »

Web, you plan on using that kill tonight? You better commit if you say yes.
I'm willing, but I probably die if I do.  I'd say like... 33% chance I die!  Also, there's a chance the target doesn't die too!  The downside is that I can only kill someone if no one else targets them, so that's my fucking weakness right there.  And it's a one-shot, so yeah, I'm down to shoot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 15, 2022, 11:49:34 pm »

I literally love shooting people as soon as possible in Mafia, I just can't not shoot, ya know?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 15, 2022, 11:51:35 pm »

Hey, if you get killed, that means I don't die first, so I'm down with that. That sucked when Jim did it in that first BeBYOR.

If you mean you die of your own action instead, well, you do you bro.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 15, 2022, 11:59:59 pm »

If I gotta be honest, I was gonna shoot regardless of what anyone said because it's just soooo satisfying.

Personally, I was gonna shoot Knightwing, because I knew no one would target him, but I can totes shoot someone else, too.

Hey, if you get killed, that means I don't die first, so I'm down with that. That sucked when Jim did it in that first BeBYOR.

If you mean you die of your own action instead, well, you do you bro.
Nah, it's whatevs, but it means that I get to avoid being a juicy target for Mafia, but then they'll kill me, and I'll be sad.  The Mafia should always convert Toony here, because I never shoot Toony.  Or Max.  Or, like, Jim, I guess, no one ever thinks he's scum.

Anyway, the point is that I was debating saving my kill for if I got converrted or iif I needed to kill someone, but I was never gonna void the temptation to MURDER DEATH KILL.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 16, 2022, 12:02:32 am »

lol, Vector, just vote me already, I'm waiting for a big juicy fucking vote brigade last minute, fucking give me those votes, my mouth is drooling

oh, well, with your consent daddy ~

Webadict

Just kidding. Or am I? I've got plenty of vote for Web but I had thought I had read through everything relevant. I see that TolyK has posted now.

Of the viable wagons Today I most feel NJW, but where I most want my vote is Nakéen (ERROR ERROR ERROR) or ... R-R-...

Yeah fuck it. Roden.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 16, 2022, 12:04:15 am »

If the Cop(s) are smart, they inspect me because if I'm converted, I can't do shit
I mean Tric claims they grabbed an inspect with their dragon powers, so uh if mafia want to kill Tric N1 to keep him from inspecting...
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 113