Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58530 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #405 on: October 15, 2022, 08:42:20 pm »

Honestly... I don't think it's TolyK, but I'm willing to bandwagon as if it were!
OK so on my, it was NJW, NQT, Tric, Web,Jim, Nakeen, and some backed off midway. Basically because I was active lurking during beginning of the day (which, while I kinda explained ahead of time why, is true  :P) and, well, it's easy to pile up behind that.

Nakeen can't be executed D1 but really just jumped on the almost hammer at that point. Can't remember anything else, honestly, besides Wuba's hunch of towniness.

Also Jim has items.

Thought roundup in next post.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 15, 2022, 08:52:58 pm »

It's not fair if I don't answer.

I'm down with NJW2000 or Roden as my top picks.  NJW2000 has a lot of reads that I fundamentally disagree with and the reasoning doesn't make sense from my understanding of his perspective.  Roden... honestly, I'm not sure why I was so against Roden, but I felt they didn't progress anyone on their own, though that's maybe giving Roden too much credit.  I think his play is reminiscent of BeBYOR3.
I'm less okay with juicebox, since his posts have made me think he's more likely Town, but he's scaring me by showing up only when I feel he's pressured.  Not a fan.
I'd rather we didn't vote out TolyK, but he's got bad takes.  Is this because he's quick reading the thread?  Probably.  His pressure is causing him to blurt out things he wasn't prepared to say.  Odd.  Feels Town even though he's kinda freaking out.
I think nqt is probs Town.  I don't have good reasons, but his responses seem to be very lax, which is sort of his M.O.
Nakeen feels newbtown.  I base that on nothing.
Max is hella Town.  Roden voting him is another reason I think Roden is scum.
Toony is hella Town.  Surprised he hasn't been confused as to why I think so, but maybe he's watching me.  Spoooooooky.
EuchreJack is Town enough.
TricMagic is hella Town.
Vector is eh.
Knightwing is eh.
Jim is... maybe scum.  I know that's a weird take, considering how many people think Jim is Town, but I feel like he's being a little less conspicuous than I'm used to, even when he's usually intermittent.

I can't believe there are so many people that think that Toony and I are suspicious that refuse to choose one of us, it makes me a little left out.  I mean, it's definitely a spooky move to try that this close to the end of Day, but I could see it happening if the scum consist of enough free votes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 15, 2022, 08:54:32 pm »

Like, Toony has basically made three or four (honestly not gonna go through all posts on phone, lol) different claims and they all seem reasonable to me, in light of public info and a bit i haven't shown publicly. I don't think that people have access to so much information generally to fake reasonably on mechanics. Or maybe FBYOR has quite stable mechanics, which I missed. But if not, I think it's likely Toony has spit balled a few ideas that seem reasonable, partially taking from actual roles (his or teammates) and seen what sticks. I do understand it's a bit hypocritical to say "knows too much reasonable assumptions", but I haven't changed my story while Toony has. And Webadict has, but I take that more like trolling... And hard to read.
Maybe I'm just a wiseguy.

Seriously though, all of my claims relate to my actual role I swear.

I just want it to be difficult for mafia to know what I can even do while also making a future full-claim more believable if it comes up. Plus I think it's fun.

Also Jim has items.
I'm tempted to take all of Jim's items because I can do that, but if he's town that would be extremely mean and debilitating for us.

I don't need to. If I have a blameless D1 and you vote me out on garbage, the evidence will be entirely inthread. All people need to do is work out which people voting me aren't usually morons, and voila, there is scum.
CBA to reread tolyK's stuff, the vote was on inactivity and activelurking and he's stopped. I have a life, and need to sleep.
in fact:
unvote unvote
I mean to take this shit all the way. If you and Toony are town and elim me, you get beaten by either idiots or lurkers.
Hmmm.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 15, 2022, 08:57:30 pm »

Toony is hella Town.  Surprised he hasn't been confused as to why I think so, but maybe he's watching me.  Spoooooooky.
That's one way to put it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 15, 2022, 08:59:49 pm »

It's because I have ESP

eon.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 15, 2022, 09:00:39 pm »

As for Roden, their vote is still on Max, but their case is poor, mainly stemming from a post Max made that they say was intended to get Roden to move their RVS vote. They've also interacted with wuba a bit, over their defense of Tric, but otherwise haven't interacted with much of anyone. As such it's hard to get a read on them.

Now as for NJW, they've been pretty under the radar. They pushed wuba a little, over Tric again, they've prodded the inactives, and made a reads list.

I don't like the reason for several of their reads, for example, they say they can't read Max, who is doing a pretty decent job of acting like town, and I also dislike the fact that they said they scumread Toony, but haven't really followed up on that at all.

so I think that right now I'm more comfortable putting my vote on NJW2000

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 15, 2022, 09:04:12 pm »

I think it's interesting that NJW unvoted TolyK but didn't vote Juicebox or anybody.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 15, 2022, 09:04:42 pm »

Ok, latest thing was NQT pushing a bandwagon on Juice, who just said it was normal NQT town stuff. I don't get it. Why the hell is everyone bandwagoning so heavily D1? Or trying to at least.

Web, Tric basically said they were the same alignment. Web is doing odd things, apparently to not die D1/N1. Claimed a lot of info that does not seem to be contradicted, including first. Tric similarly. So far, I think they're same alignment and likely to be town ish.

NQT is a bot who has done analysis graphs and other things I enjoyed, but this last interaction with Juice seems like making a distacing alibi. I'd bite with Juicebox for now (who else will hop on? I dare you... I don't think they'll be eliminated but idk the cases against the rest lol. Ppe: well I'll keep vote for now. NQT would be alt vote).

Jim is just doing Jim things, just solid and can't really say much about alignment. Good that he's not buying most of these wagons. Isn't taking easy bait, so I guess slightly town lean?

Unless someone suggests otherwise I'll choose one of Tric, Webadict or Max to ask a philosophical question this night. Why those three? Most likely to accept, given my feeling they have multiple smaller abilities and/or dragon adjacent.

Ppe' : yeah, breadcrumb is an alt explanation for the behavior. Maybe Toony gets visited if vote goes a bit differently.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 15, 2022, 09:07:50 pm »

Holy f is it hard to reply on phone. All the ninjas everywhere.

I think it's interesting that NJW unvoted TolyK but didn't vote Juicebox or anybody.
That actually makes less suspicious imo, in that their focus was on me, and after it ended up not going that way they have to reveal. That's the feeling I get, also late rvs retraction cuz late response from me.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 15, 2022, 09:13:27 pm »

I don't like the reason for several of their reads, for example, they say they can't read Max, who is doing a pretty decent job of acting like town,
Toooo be fair, you have no confusing I can be sometimes.

Also something I missed first time around. Could it also be that inspect results can change Max Spin?
Well, yeah.
That's baseline though. You know, framers, lawyers. Totally standard.

I dunno what to say about other things yet. Pretty tired. Will probably post again before the end.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 15, 2022, 09:16:06 pm »

I don't like the reason for several of their reads, for example, they say they can't read Max, who is doing a pretty decent job of acting like town,

True, but in this game in particular your behavior seems pretty townish.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 15, 2022, 09:17:02 pm »

True, but in this game in particular your behavior seems pretty townish.
Wow, I really just accidentally that "idea how", huh. I guess that proves my point about being tired afterward.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 15, 2022, 09:28:37 pm »

Meh. I’m Sussing Web, buttttt

Tricmagic

Are dragons like a third party, or what?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 15, 2022, 09:30:11 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> NJW2000     --6-- EuchreJack*, ToonyMan*, Maximum Spin*, webadict*, TricMagic*, juicebox*,
juicebox       --2-- notquitethere*, TolyK*,
Maximum Spin   --1-- Roden*,
TolyK          --1-- Nakéen*,
TricMagic      --1-- Knightwing64*,
EuchreJack     --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
Nakéen         --0--
notquitethere  --0--
Roden          --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
Vector         --0--
webadict       --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --3-- Jim Groovester*, NJW2000*, Vector,

8 to Hammer. Day ends on October 16, 2022 at 02:00 Central Daylight Time (4 hours and 29 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 15, 2022, 09:32:09 pm »

That actually makes less suspicious imo, in that their focus was on me, and after it ended up not going that way they have to reveal. That's the feeling I get, also late rvs retraction cuz late response from me.
That is the conclusion I've come to.

I feel like mafia!NJW would have jumped onto someone instead of holding their vote. Do they not want to vote Juicebox without a good reason to?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 113