Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58396 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (14 / 14) - Day 1 - The Game Begins, Every Drake In Their Place
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2022, 12:54:11 am »

Yep, I'm also stuck at the "Gotta execute someone!" stage.

We could... dare I say... NO ELIMINATE???

Is anyone so daring?!?  That's the real coinflip if I believe Max Spin on the convert... And I kinda do!

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 15, 2022, 01:17:57 am »

Idk, with what we have now, no lynch does seem like a good option, but we do still have another day to find a lynch before we really need to start looking into that as an option.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 15, 2022, 01:27:10 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks for the clarification Spin!
To answer notquitethere, I thought it reasonable of Roden to immediately dismiss my presence for the first day. It did mildly surprise me and made me a bit wary of Roden, in a tepid meh way.

Just a heads-up that Vector is a they.

Also, is there a reason you don't want to vote?

Thanks for the heads-up. It was right in their signature too, hah. It's not that I don't want to vote, it just felt like it wasn't necessary at that point and I just didn't have any read. I hoped to wait for more people to manifest.

@Nakeen:
Is the D1 thing your doing?
My issue with Nakeen is I don't feel they're taking advantage of their lack of being eliminated today, you know?

They're a player I've never seen before and I don't know their mafia experience, but I wouldn't waste such a gift, screw the repercussions.

If Nakeen is town I can see that, but I want them to play more. Similarly, I'm annoyed by Vector since their absence means absolutely nothing about their alignment, which allows them to coast as mafia or just solve the game by themselves one week from now as town instead of solving it now.

That's fair. I'm still a bit puzzled people seem rather okay with Vector being inactive, but I guess once they post they will have all eyes on them so that balances it out.
If I had to give my impressions, I'm wary of players using a ton of filler/fluff posts whether they post analyses or not (webadict, ToonyMan, TricMagic but they are already under heavy scrutiny). It's a lot of noise, which combined with the sizeable amount of players is bound to cause some confusion. But I guess that's the point of all the noise?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2022, 01:32:54 am »

The ambiguity with this game's mechanics doesn't help either, I really don't know what to expect here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 15, 2022, 01:49:08 am »

@Nakeen:
I assume the D1 invulnerability is your doing?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 15, 2022, 01:51:25 am »

@Nakeen:
I assume the D1 invulnerability is your doing?
Yes sorry, I was sure I answered that before.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 15, 2022, 01:55:16 am »

@Nakeen:
You make observation, but who would you vote right now?

Are Roden, TolyK, or NJW good votes?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 15, 2022, 02:23:05 am »

@Nakeen:

Honestly I don't feel strongly against any of them. If I had to vote:

NJW > Roden = TolyK

NJW [Okay maybe vote?]: they are on TolyK but maybe no? I don't get why they are though, it just felt so sudden. Okay the more I think about it, the more it seems suspicious. Then again I would wait to see what else they have to say about TolyK.
Roden [huh? vote]: they suggested I was town in a wishy-washy way, which could be a way to curry favor with me? They had some bizarre banter with Maximum Spin too, and overall they just register as bizarre.
TolyK [meh vote]: shrug. They were fishing for mechanics, and felt as lost as I was. People seemed to suddenly get on them, but I just can't see why.

Does that make sense?

Also @ToonyMan while I'm at it I have an inquiry too, and sorry if I missed something.
Re-reading your posts I don't get why you are thinking TolyK could be scum and it doesn't seem like you gave a reason.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2022, 02:42:05 am »

Obligatory post. Still haven't read, was doing HW down to the line at midnight.

Thank you for waiting and for giving me a chance to catch up on school. I have time to post tomorrow and thereafter.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 15, 2022, 03:58:29 am »

Well, not a perfect post by juicebox, but it answered my question and showed engagement.

I'm going back to voting NJW2000

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 15, 2022, 04:02:32 am »

@Nakeen:

Honestly I don't feel strongly against any of them. If I had to vote:

NJW > Roden = TolyK

NJW [Okay maybe vote?]: they are on TolyK but maybe no? I don't get why they are though, it just felt so sudden. Okay the more I think about it, the more it seems suspicious. Then again I would wait to see what else they have to say about TolyK.
Roden [huh? vote]: they suggested I was town in a wishy-washy way, which could be a way to curry favor with me? They had some bizarre banter with Maximum Spin too, and overall they just register as bizarre.
TolyK [meh vote]: shrug. They were fishing for mechanics, and felt as lost as I was. People seemed to suddenly get on them, but I just can't see why.

Does that make sense?

Also @ToonyMan while I'm at it I have an inquiry too, and sorry if I missed something.
Re-reading your posts I don't get why you are thinking TolyK could be scum and it doesn't seem like you gave a reason.
Dude, it's a Killocracy. You don't HAVE to vote, you GET to vote. It is both your responsibility and right as a loyal townie to vote out scum.
If I COULD vote you, I probably would.  Be a good townie and VOTE.

Obligatory post. Still haven't read, was doing HW down to the line at midnight.

Thank you for waiting and for giving me a chance to catch up on school. I have time to post tomorrow and thereafter.
Glad to hear it. Yeah, I can sympathize with not wanting to let forum games ruin your employment/school prospects.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 15, 2022, 07:34:49 am »

*Cough

Idk, with what we have now, no lynch does seem like a good option, but we do still have another day to find a lynch before we really need to start looking into that as an option.

Juicebox seems townie for this

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 15, 2022, 09:03:35 am »

In other news, TolyK hasn't responded. Not really sure how to respond to that, but my pressure votes are now definitely "I'd be pretty ok with seeing this person eliminated" votes.

Brief reads, as it's a large game and some players are barely here.

Town:
Tric - this feels like town!Tric. Some town equity from roleclaim.
Knightwing - They've been giving their thoughts on the game, offering input, etc, all of which signals town!Knightwing. It's a very low bar, but right now they're over it.
Roden - this is more aggressive, less structured and more fragmented than the typical Roden scum D1s. From what I've seen of his thought processes, I think he is genuinely frustrated. His fake-anger usually involves more textwalls. The play hasn't been particularly helpful, but I think it's town nonetheless.

Lean Town:
NQT - very active, engaging... Scum!NQT seldom this willing to directly and firmly contradict people. This may be a meta-read, but they're a pretty good mafia player, so it's about what I can go on for now.
Jim - need to see more from them but thus far helpful with reasonable insights, and not powerwolfing. Yes, I have too many meta-reads, but they're easy and reading games this big is tiring.

Null:
MaximumSpin - I can't read them.
Vector - I'm going to wait until they start playing.
Web - I'm ambivalent. On the one hand, they were a little erratic with the Tric defence, and they generally have a pretty firm D1 elim choice whereas today they seem to be setting up a situation where they're not held responsible for the elim or avoid it altogether. Suspect. On the other hand, they seem to be avoiding unnecessary arguments, which is a good sign as scum!web usually comes out on top of these.
Juicebox - some bad questions that could basically be "post reads pls", kinda worrying. The rest of their play has been pretty helpful though. Not sure.

Lean Scum:
Nakeen - they may be new, but their main focus doesn't seem to be on the thread... I get "reading something else" vibes - scumchat? FG&RP/RTD people are good at trawling threads. Also, a lot of the reasoning in this post looks not just bad but forced. And it's the only time they really offer opinions on other players - little apparent interest in catching scum.
Toony - They don't give much away, but they're posting slightly below their usual standard. Seem to want to put my elim on the table, but can't give a real case for it. They usually have a positive lynch candidate D1. Also, a lot of fluff. More than Web.

Scum:
TolyK - because their entire play has been activelurking or absenteeism. I don't know their meta, but they don't seem thick or inexperienced, so playing this way doesn't really given me a choice.

Questions

Nakeen: Did you read any mafia games, or play any online ones outside bay12 before this?

Toony: are you genuinely floating me as an elim because you can't read me or Vector because they are yet to post? Why can't you do something better - like a POE at least?

EuchreJack: question is above, in spoiler, mouse hand tired. Sorry.

More to come at some point, but need to reread.
One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 15, 2022, 09:29:21 am »

@NJW2000: You forgot to give your reads on ME.
Ideally, you would provide that info before I answer your question, so we can gauge your response to my answer, if any.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 15, 2022, 09:36:09 am »

I did forget. My gut says probably town, but my brain that you're doing an unusual amount of just summarising the thread, people's metas, past games, etc. Also, I do need to see some explanation for your judgements.

I'm assuming your vote is meant to be a pressure-vote, so I'm not going to ask for an explanation for it. Pressure-votes are generally accompanied by questions, but not doing that isn't out of character for you.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 113