Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: The Gate of Dreams - Glass Cream (5 / 5) - 16  (Read 30535 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Surveying the Realm (5 / 5)
« Reply #180 on: April 24, 2023, 10:08:21 pm »

Heavenly Clerk looks distracted "Eh? Oh yeah a suburb sounds nice! Uhm by the way administrator when uh... when do we get paid?"

"Our actions are to prevent our species from being destroyed. Is that not sufficient payment? After all, if we were to falter in our duty, we ourselves would perish..."

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2023, 10:24:36 pm »

"Our actions are to prevent our species from being destroyed. Is that not sufficient payment? After all, if we were to falter in our duty, we ourselves would perish..."

Heavenly Clerk looks at Ignorance confused "What's this about destruction? I thought we were helping people recover from like... sadness and stuff! Regardless this is still a job and as such I demand proper compensation for my labor!" Heavenly Clerk crosses her arms and looks away with a hmmf

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 24, 2023, 10:28:45 pm »

"This is our duty. We are not owed anything. Besides, one typically does not do work while asleep."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Aftermath (5 / 5) - 10
« Reply #183 on: April 24, 2023, 10:30:17 pm »

I look back and forth between the girl who thinks she's a robot and the girl who thinks she's a therapist.
"Ya'll're weird."

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: spell notes (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 24, 2023, 10:37:15 pm »

"I just want to punch monsters."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2023, 10:42:59 pm »

"I doubt any of us were selected for normalcy."

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Aftermath (5 / 5) - 10
« Reply #186 on: April 24, 2023, 10:50:48 pm »

"This is our duty. We are not owed anything. Besides, one typically does not do work while asleep."
"Ya'll're weird."
Hmmfing intensifies

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2023, 08:32:26 am »

"Err... Watermelon?  What happened to us, while we weren't here?  I think I was awake, but I can't remember anything...  Were we other people?  Can they remember us?"

Spoiler: Luna's Vestige (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2023, 12:38:05 am »

"Err... Watermelon?  What happened to us, while we weren't here?  I think I was awake, but I can't remember anything...  Were we other people?  Can they remember us?"
"Now that is a good question."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2023, 03:47:32 am »

Ignorance's W̸͕̾̓i̷͔̅t̶̖̘͈̏͗̆c̸̟͖͗̀̐̑h̵̥͓͎͔̄̚

Her body tilts down to observe the inner realm. Her monocle betrays nothing. Nothing at all.
"Query. What is my purpose here, if there are no hostiles to be destroyed?"

"Failure to detect Outsiders does not prove lack of presence. Not all Incursions will be successfully detected. Scouting will enhance the likelihood of detecting future hostile anomalies."

Heavenly Clerk looks at Ignorance confused "What's this about destruction? I thought we were helping people recover from like... sadness and stuff! Regardless this is still a job and as such I demand proper compensation for my labor!" Heavenly Clerk crosses her arms and looks away with a hmmf

"Performing your purpose as a defender is necessary to prevent the destruction of humanity. Compensation is not necessary."

Watermelon pauses, considering your current facial expression.

"However, you can consider the opportunity to cultivate your soul as 'compensation' for your efforts."

Well that's... does that count?

"You were awake. You are now dreaming. You remain yourself in either state, but the lens of self-perception shifts. It is not typical for an undeveloped soul to retain memories of the Inner Realm."

Hm. Well, that has some implications.

The cat-thing hovers in stillness, then projects its mental voice once again. "Luna's Vestige. Ignorance's Witch. Please provide your votes for your exploration mission's destination. Available data suggests that ensuring that all summoned defenders possess influence over strategic decisions will improve development."

Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)

((If you could update your character sheet according to the new template, that'd be helpful for me going forwards. The template is in the last update.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2023, 04:44:57 am »

Luna's eyebrows knit together, almost angrily.  "But I can't recall my waking life, either.  My nature here seems to be defined, at least in part, by... well, actually no.  Hrm.  Okay, I guess who I am here is probably defined by whoever you chose to make me from, but if I can't remember her at all, and she can't remember me, we're basically different people.  I'm more like her daughter than her, right?  Except we share souls?  Does what I do here affect her?  If stuff happens to her, will it affect me?"

The magical girl gulps, her expression quite literally darkening.  "If she just dies randomly, do I die too?  Would I just not appear again?"

After Watermelon asks for her opinion on area, she somewhat offhandedly gestures towards the sea of golden sludge.  "That place looks fascinating.  But if we can't go there, the suburbs are fine.  It's not important to me, I'm more interested in my magic and my nature."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2023, 08:23:01 am »

"There exists a majority. It is not necessary for me to vote."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2023, 02:55:04 pm »

Skylord jumps into the conversation.  "I'm Skylord.  Not quite sure what that means, but maybe these fake wing things will start working?  I think I'm here to punch things and fight monsters.. and I'm kinda okay with that?  Seems like it'll be fun."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2023, 06:00:56 pm »

"Ah, uh?" Luna startles, apparently not expecting someone else to talk to her.  "Right, ah, yes.  Thanks?  Er, what was your name, again?  I'm Luna's Vestige, apparently.  Or just Luna, I think that sounds nice."
"Golden Flare."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25