Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: The Gate of Dreams - Glass Cream (5 / 5) - 16  (Read 30396 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gate of Dreams - Glass Cream (5 / 5) - 16
« Reply #360 on: September 14, 2024, 08:38:04 pm »

[Initiative:]

Quote from: Defenders
Golden Flare (Lenglon): 81+20-20=81
Skylord (Devastator): 61
Heavenly Clerk (Fluffe9911): 42
Luna's Vestige (syvarris): 38
Ignorance's Witch (Egan_BW): 8
Quote from: Outsiders
Spider Swarm: 29

Am I just naturally this nimble? or... maybe something about what I'm doing, how I'm thinking, how I'm trying to shine maybe? Either way, there has got to be a better way...

I'll see if I can find a better way. I cast Gengae But instead of letting power flow normally, I try to maintain the shape while keeping the flow of power open, with the goal of maintaining a steady channel, constantly making more powder to fuel my firearm.

Succeed or fail however, my weapon is currently loaded. And there are spiders to remove. My stinging ears remain flattened, and after a brief moment of thanking my tail for helping me maintain my balance, I fire upon them once more.

You focus upon your weapon, one hand keeping it held, and with the other, running a finger - and a spark of your magic - along it.

(Power: 5)
(Control: 3)

The concept of the Word comes easily this time, but the matter of tying the Word to your weapon is not nearly so convenient. Your weapon sits heavier in your hands than before, no doubt loaded - or perhaps overloaded - with the powder you called into existence.

You're not sure what you'd need to make the effect... continual, though. A special Word? More control? A song from the heart?

A fire that burns within? A light that shines and alights the sky?

You doubt, though, that there's only one answer. It wouldn't be magic if there was only one path to take.

But anyways - you have some spiders to destroy.

(Grace: 4)
(Might: 1)

Your tail swings behind you, keeping your aim steady. You aim, and burn.

(Evasion: 4-1=3)
(Resilience: 4-2=2)

The few spiders that remain scatter, but not quickly enough, not against the explosive nature of your attack. Their horrid corpses puff into smoke and fade away, leaving only six left to burn.

Seems like Skylord is already on it, though. Leaves you time to pick up your Blazer from where it recoiled off to - you're going to need some training to keep this weapon properly braced. Or maybe a Crest Trait.

Wait, what exactly is Skylord trying to do?

Oh no. She does not look like she's doing okay...

"I've had it with you spiders.  You're always running and hiding.  Well, you can't escape me!"  Keep form augmentation on.

If there are any spiders around by the time I move, grab one with the whip, bring it towards me, and lay down the law.

"You're going to work for me, got it!  You want to live, you fight for us, not against us.  You're mine!  Understand?  No running off and hiding."

If the spider properly co-operates, it gets to live.  Make it walk in front of us.

If it doesn't, bite its head off.

(Grace: 5+1+1=7)
(Evasion: 3)

You turn and flick your whip at one of the spiders Golden Flare's blast spared. With a turn of the wrist, your whip curls up around a spider's leg, and yanks it towards you, where you catch it in your hand.

You scowl, feeling rage and frustration on your face.

You shake the spider up and down, yelling at it with all the force your semi-imaginary lungs can manage. In response, it hisses loudly and tries to bite your arm.

Yeah, fuck this.

(Might: 6+1+1+1=9)
(Resilience: 5-2=3)

Even the spider seems surprised as you lift it up and bite down on its head with an inordinate amount of force. It breaks apart into a dark haze of smoke, right inside your mouth and nose and throat-

(Resistance: 2)

And it burns inside you. Well, to call it a burn would be an understatement. It's more like the core of your being is degrading from having that stuff inside it. You cough, then drop to one knee. Your vision blurs, and black sludge drips from your tongue. Or maybe, your tongue is melting.

"Absorption of Outsider residue is not recommended and may cause Crest damage. Do you require evacuation?"

[Moderate Crest Damage received.]

[Form Degraded: (Rotted Tongue: reduced coherency of communication. Poisoned Lungs: -20 to Initiative, -1 to Resilience.)]

[Core Degraded: (Destabilized Control: -1 to Control until Crest Damage repaired.)]

Heavenly Clerk examines the frying pan in her hand she feels oddly... unsatisfied, it's a nice pan for sure and frankly even the fact she can summon a frying pan makes Clerk feel a bit giddy but... it's definitely not as good as her first one... actually none of them have been... shouldn't she be getting better at this? "I just don't get it..." She mumbles quietly to herself before snapping out of her daze "O-oh right! Hang on girls I can still help fight the uh... icky things I'd rather not think about! Whileking... Harnelkarna?" Clerk says with uncertainty as she rushes toward the battle!

I still don't really get all this wacky magic stuff but I still want to help out my team! Perhaps I should be a bit more... creative about things? I mean there's all these wacky words floating around in my head I have not used yet! Maybe if I say some of those something good will happen!... worst case I can always just wack the [REDACTED]'s with a frying pan!

You rush out of the cave, holding your frying pan. What use is it anyways, other than a bludgeoning tool? Surely magic is good for more than just blunt instruments, right?

Surely you can do better... how is the better question.

You mumble a few more magic words to yourself.

(Power: 2)
(Control: 4)

A small patch of small grey stones materializes beside you - gravel, from the looks of things. Not much to see there.

You reach the cave exit, and behold Skylord choking on something, though a lot of the spiders are gone at least!

But you know you need to protect her. Aggressively, in this case.

(Mobility: 1)
(Evasion: 6)

You run at one of the spiders, and your foot catches on some pavement as one of the spiders darts out of the way.

Nononono

(Resilience: 2+3=5)

Your head smashes against the pavement, and a flash of light resounds. It's like you just landed on a pillow.

That could have really sucked...

[1 Charge of Barrier Jacket used.]

Head east 1-3 times, staying stealthy and halting before getting too close to any danger.  Ideally try to get a peek at the center of the anomalous area, but avoiding detection and injury is a higher priority.

Create an essence of Wendelnelve.

Your cloak sways softly around you, like a shadow in the dark. It doesn't catch the eye, nor the mind. It makes you feel safe, really.

But is there really any such thing, here?

(Power: 3)
(Control: 4+1=5)

You tuck some magic tuned to a specific Word into a knot of magic, then tuck it into your Crest.

[Gain a +0P/+2C Essence of Wendelnelve.]

The sounds of tinkling glass and jingling music get louder as you approach. You cross some invisible threshold, and suddenly the streets are neat and orderly, no longer overtaken by vines and thorns and trees. The lights gleam more soundly. A thread of happiness beats within you, like the joy of a playful summer's day.

A dream within a dream.

And at the center of this dream within a dream is - an ice cream truck. You peek around a corner, getting a closer look. Three hedge-Children are waiting in line patiently at the truck's window. The man within - wearing a casual cap and uniform, and a mask made of myriad colorful shards of glass, hands an ice cream cone, full of and topped with blue crystal glass dust, off to the first Child in line.

You hear the cat whisper into your mind.

"A rogue dreamer has been detected. Data indicates that he will suffer no harm from his visit to the Inner Realm of Dreams. Caveat: gaining lucidity will render him vulnerable to great consequences. This includes risk of trauma or death."

Ignorance's W̸͕̾̓i̷͔̅t̶̖̘͈̏͗̆c̸̟͖͗̀̐̑h̵̥͓͎͔̄̚

"This is wearing on. Let us destroy the rest of them."
Gottem Arquebus Zazzalalazzaz!

Right, this has really gone on long enough. Skylord's choking on a rather severe mistake and the Clerk just faceplanted on some pavement. That leaves you to handle things, huh.

(Power: 3)
(Control: 4+1=5)

You hurl a blast of purple mist from your suddenly-cold fingertips. Could've been bigger, but you know this stuff is potent.

(Evasion: 4)
(Resistance: 3)
(Resilience: 2-2=0)

The remaining spiders only distort slightly within the mist suddenly covering them, but the icy crystals that burst their limbs and abdomens are a rather more severe consequence.

That's the last of them, you think. Unless you count the one inside that casket in the cave, which... yeah, probably isn't a problem.

You might need to help Skylord, though - something's oozing from her mouth.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 15, 2024, 01:32:43 am »

"Skylord! You holding up okay?"
I rush over to Skylord's side, assessing what just happened to her.
"We got you okay? Just get it out of your system. Now we know what happens if we bite those at least."
Offer her my support, staying by her side and letting her lean on me if she wants, keep her stable and let her get that mess out of her.

Once I'm sure she's stable and going to be okay, I'll make an Essence of Taqquin.
I end up using that word in almost all my spells, best to have an essence of it handy just in case.
Also, is Blazer loaded or do I need to feed it some more?

Spoiler: Golden Flare (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: spellbook (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2024, 10:11:54 am »

Ptw.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 26, 2024, 07:02:36 am »

"Do you require evacuation?"

Skylord coughs for a couple moments.

"Gah"

"Bleh"

"That.. was not gud"

"Bleh"

She straightens up after a few more moments.

"Naah.."  "Naahh."  "'m no chkhen"  "I'll be k soon."

Once I'm back up, make an essence of Zelthenegen  Might need some persistence to keep going.

Spoiler: Skylord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Word Scratchpad (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 26, 2024, 07:08:16 am »

"Skylord, you silly goose! Hold on, I know how to cure food poisoning!"

Ignorance's Witch rushes up to Skylord and makes her spin in circles until she throws up. Also she creates an Essence of Nek, just for fun, because she's hardcore like that.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2024, 02:50:10 pm »

((No offence intended, but I can't wait until four of you die.))
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 28, 2024, 01:03:32 pm »

"Aw jeez..." Heavenly Clerk mumbles as she wobbles back up and dusts herself off before resuming running over to Skylord "H-hang on I can help! I uh... I think?" She reaches Skylord and places a hand on her back "Right healing... healing... uh... Yottacalia Estenvaiq? That sounds healing...ish!"

I gotta help her out! I mean sure last time I did this nothing really happened... b-but uh... maybe it was because I wasn't injured! Y-yeah! Surely this has to help her out in some way... right?... right?!?! Aw jeez... well... worse case I can always provide moral support!

Spoiler:  Heavenly Clerk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Records (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]