Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47362 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1125 on: September 30, 2022, 04:40:06 pm »

Vector maybe implied they were going to protect me last night, which would make them a Wizard and hopefully not monstrous. That would leave Max as the third Witch.

I implied ... but I lied! Hahahaha. I was trying to draw the kill from Jim, who protected Toony last night.

Instead, I'm the third witch. Oh, Jim and I were in a covenchat. L8r Junior!

Y’all aren’t going to forget about my claim just because Jim isn’t around, and Jim not being around also has me on the chopping block. He has a watch, sure, but there were, what, 9 other players to choose from?

Jim watched you, assuming you would be killed and we would be able to find scum that way. I can check but I believe it was a one-shot.

I'll reread... probably tomorrow (not Tomorrow). My parents will be gone at a wedding all day so I can quietly do math and mafia.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1126 on: September 30, 2022, 04:55:24 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Knightwing64 --1-- Knightwing64*,
EuchreJack      --0--
hector13        --0--
Lenglon         --0--
Maximum Spin    --0--
notquitethere   --0--
ToonyMan        --0--
Vector          --0--
No One          --0--

Not Voting      --7-- EuchreJack, hector13, Lenglon, Maximum Spin, notquitethere, ToonyMan, Vector,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on October 02, 2022 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time (~51 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 30, 2022, 05:19:32 pm »

I was wondering if the Witches had a Coven chat. I felt like Jim and Vector have been on the same page this game so it makes sense. I guess KW wasn't invited?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 30, 2022, 05:21:34 pm »

My imp betrayed me, I thought we were pals, he even bantered in the flavor text…

Knightwing64
Chin up Knightwing! You never know what could happen!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 30, 2022, 05:51:12 pm »

KW, don't self vote. I'm like 67% sure Max is some kind of scum, you could do worse than revenge.

I'm feeling a lot better so this weekend I'm taking a proper read back. If you're lucky there'll be charts and graphs.

Some stray thoughts before I get into it.

- The big shadow hanging over me is the half memory of one of the previous Supernaturals where someone claimed benign 3rd party and they were believed right til the end when it turned out they were a serial killer (am I thinking of Bluarian, or one of the other games. Toony should remember.) We have basically three "neutral" or neutral adjacent players, two of whom have lied through their teeth constantly. Previous experience tells me that there's a snowball chance in hell they're all what they claim.
- The N1 kill is a puzzle a lot of players are getting caught up in. And yeah, I love a puzzle too. But I've also been burned a million times in these role mad games. Especially by Wuba. It'll turn out someone had two actions, a ghost companion that tricked trackers or could summon angels to do their bidding or some batshit thing that we're not anticipating. Let's see who cares about catching scum and who doesn't.
- For these two reasons, I'm parking my vote where my gut has been all game: Max. This guy should have been cleared D1 but you nuts decided to kill Tric for whatever insane Bay12 reasons.
- There's an interesting pattern in how the claims fit together, like who falls in with whom. More on this with my charts I guess.
- My block flavour was like I got caught out and lost track of time, it was pretty vague about whether it was supernatural/natural interference/just poor time management.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 30, 2022, 09:22:45 pm »

I am not a witch.
So then...Vector is last Witch?

You're a Wizard Max.
Assuming hector is even telling the truth.

All it takes is one person coming forward saying I’m lying.

Well, you've never predicted a Thief.

In fact, your predictions were after the flips. They were also after some discussion of roles.

My theory is that you only got results for from one night, and have been backfilling info to make it look like you have two nights of results.

It seems obvious to me whom you and I will be voting today, so let's get on with it.

hector13

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 30, 2022, 09:53:59 pm »

Uh huh. I never predicted anything, actually.

Though, to be fair the only result that I didn’t get before it flipped was the Wizard, and the third Witch. I can’t help what the signs tell me though *shrugs*

Why did you protect Vector over Toony?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 30, 2022, 09:55:06 pm »

Why didn’t you decide to block, actually?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 30, 2022, 09:57:23 pm »

Also what made you go from pushing Egan as a mislynch for most of your D2 posts, to the person you wanted to eliminate?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 30, 2022, 10:34:11 pm »

Uh huh. I never predicted anything, actually.

Though, to be fair the only result that I didn’t get before it flipped was the Wizard, and the third Witch. I can’t help what the signs tell me though *shrugs*

Why did you protect Vector over Toony?
I thought Vector was the Town Doctor, and was going to protect Toony.

Why didn’t you decide to block, actually?
I had no idea who to block.

Also what made you go from pushing Egan as a mislynch for most of your D2 posts, to the person you wanted to eliminate?
Egan disappeared, which is a scumtell for Egan.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 30, 2022, 10:36:25 pm »

like hell it is

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 30, 2022, 10:42:19 pm »

@Mod: Can you confirm whether Egan is around for Day 3?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #1137 on: September 30, 2022, 10:52:47 pm »

I'm getting pissed off that trying to prevent mislynchs is a scumtell. As Town, avoiding Townie lynches is my job.

Only reason I don't suspect Toony is because I believe his Vigilante claim.

Counterpoint: Maybe we WANT Egan to complete the resurrection, as it might otherwise be a fake claim?

Based upon the information available from the Devil Deal, it appears the setup is NOT Bastard, and thus Egan should know at least whether or not the resurrected party is guaranteed to keep alignment. Why has nobody asked this?!

@Egan_BW: Answer this, or I'll Lynch you myself. What do you know about your Resurrection? Were you told anything about the alignment of the Resurrected party? Do they return changed in any way? Can you do it more than once? Could you be doing something else of value?

Four and a half hours later from Toony wanting the day to continue and no responses.

I'm confident enough at this point to vote Egan_BW.

My apologies for not being around more for Day 2. Work mostly.

I would like to have made a proper case on Jim. Mostly, he seems to be trying to control the outcome more than his Town self.

NQT is suspicious, but someone offered to Jailkeep him, so that slot is resolved for now.

I would have liked to make my acceptance of the Devil's Deal more democratic, but not enough time. I'm taking it.

I'm mostly convinced Hector is Town. The crap he's giving me reminds me of our AmeriPol argument, where he presumably was expressing his honest opinions. I'd be more convinced if he spent more effort on other players, but I haven't been following 100%. I think he's made some other good points as well.

Internet issues on my end.

It's a Catch-22 on my end. I promised to vote Egan if they continued to fail to respond. What do I do in that situation?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 30, 2022, 11:35:20 pm »

I am not a witch.
So then...Vector is last Witch?

You're a Wizard Max.
Assuming hector is even telling the truth.

All it takes is one person coming forward saying I’m lying.
Well, you've never predicted a Thief.

In fact, your predictions were after the flips. They were also after some discussion of roles.

My theory is that you only got results for from one night, and have been backfilling info to make it look like you have two nights of results.

It seems obvious to me whom you and I will be voting today, so let's get on with it.

hector13
I'm pretty sure Hector is actually giving us role information due to their own role.

Max isn't saying anything, but we can assume he is a Wizard and that Hector is correct because otherwise Max you should be flipping the fuck out right now if you aren't a Wizard.

Jack, can you please give more of a reason than this?

like hell it is
Dude get out of here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 30, 2022, 11:40:29 pm »

That’s a cop-out; you argued at the start of the post that Egan was a mislynch, whether or not he answers the questions you asked him had no bearing on that read.

What made you think Vector was the doctor? In this post you seem pretty convinced they’re scum:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And you seem to be saying that Egan disappearing is actually a towntell in this post, giving an example of their scum meta also:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So what changed to make you think Vector wasn’t an enemy, but a boon to town?

What changed to make you think Egan’s low effort was a scumtel,l when you initially said it was a towntell and that scum!Egan was more focused and committed to win?

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 102