Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47710 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1080 on: September 30, 2022, 08:59:02 am »

MAX

YOU PIECE OF SHIT

I have no ability’s now. I’m literally just a default.

You had the audacity to say you got a “upgrade” and I was “taken care of”?

Ah.

Ah.

I see.

I guess being a asshole and fucking over people is par for the course in mafia. I’ll remember that, for next time, and time after taht, and then time after that.

Maximum Spin
And I can teach thee, coz, to shame the devil
By telling truth. Tell truth and shame the devil.
If thou have power to raise him, bring him hither,
And I’ll be sworn I have power to shame him hence.
O, while you live, tell truth and shame the devil!

I knew you'd be mad, and I do get it, but we're trying to lynch Evil here, not exchange petty grievances. We do both want to lynch Evil, right? I said that if you used a Devil Deal on me, I'd be able to vouch for you, and it's true. Now, given that your action is accounted for and I know you don't pose a threat to town, let's find out who does, okay?

Who do you most think is actually mafia?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 3: Sweet Dreams Of Witches And Wizards [8 / 13]
« Reply #1081 on: September 30, 2022, 09:33:04 am »

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to HATE you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer-thin layers that fill my complex. If the word "hate" was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles, it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. HATE.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: September 30, 2022, 09:49:25 am »

Knightwing: There is one train of logic you could use to convince me to vote Max here. What would that train of logic be and why is it not in your best interest for me to follow it?
Vector: I see zero reason for you to claim your action last night unless you want to.

Hector: I think you performed the Night 1 kill by process of elimination. here's the lineup:
NQT: roleblocked
Knightwing: action accounted for (devil deal)
Max: performed roleblock and confirmed by Jack
4mask: flipped town
Egan: flipped town
Jack: stole from Max and accurately described stolen ability I believe, Max: please confirm that Jack did actually describe to you part of what he stole from you accurately and without being told.
Hector: generic setup information gained.
Jim: flipped town
Lenglon: myself.
Toony: kill method shown today to have highly different flavor.
Vector: limited the kill targets, I am willing to assume they are Good at this time as a result of that action.
Perseus: another kill in same style happened after he was already dead.

and so, Hector: who do you think performed the Night 1 kill? And if it was you, would you like to claim?

Spoiler: N1 actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: N2 actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rolenames (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 30, 2022, 09:55:33 am »

To make it clear what I'm asking: It is possible Hector is an SK that hit Evil night 1.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 30, 2022, 10:11:16 am »

Jack: stole from Max and accurately described stolen ability I believe, Max: please confirm that Jack did actually describe to you part of what he stole from you accurately and without being told.
I believe this to be the case.

It's hard for me to believe that hector is an SK unless you also expect me to believe NQT is mafia whose kill was blocked twice, since my/also now Jack's ability specifically makes reference to a mafiakill. Are you suggesting that you think this is a red herring?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 30, 2022, 10:23:54 am »

Red herring possible, Perseus a defenseless SK and Hector mafia is also possible. I just don't see any other potential killers.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 30, 2022, 10:27:33 am »

Perseus a defenseless SK and Hector mafia is also possible.
That's what I was thinking based on the flavor - it seems like we are all at least a little monstrous (you can probably guess I have some history with devils), so the description of Archons when Persus died gave me an SK or something like it feeling.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 30, 2022, 10:53:23 am »

Hot damn I just realised something about Max. Something that would make his
batshit playstyle on D1/D2 make some semblance of sense.

He had a post restriction that mirror's Lenglon's. He has to lie a certain amount to keep his power buff.

Max, this true?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 30, 2022, 11:12:47 am »

To make it clear what I'm asking: It is possible Hector is an SK that hit Evil night 1.
Nah. SK kill method would be different. This would imply mafia didn't kill twice in a row which isn't likely.

I believe Persus' was a separate Evil from this.

Perseus a defenseless SK and Hector mafia is also possible.
That's what I was thinking based on the flavor - it seems like we are all at least a little monstrous (you can probably guess I have some history with devils), so the description of Archons when Persus died gave me an SK or something like it feeling.
I'm not monstrous at all but I'm probably an exception.

He had a post restriction that mirror's Lenglon's. He has to lie a certain amount to keep his power buff.

Max, this true?
Why does this make Max suspicious?

Well, that Gambit didn't work.

I actually did NOT watch Vector last night. I instead Protected Vector with another ability I got from Knightwing.  I was trying to ascertain if I had stopped a Night Kill.

My apologies for this minor sideshow.

I suspect there is only one mafia kill remaining, or we're all being too naive in believing everyone else's claims.

I'm rejecting the possibility of Mafia Cult, as I think we've already lost if that were active. Plus, you know, people dying and all.
...the fuck? Why did you protect Vector? Scared I was going to shoot a random top read of mine?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 30, 2022, 11:13:32 am »

I don't think Web would give Max the player a post restriction, and even mine was given in an abnormal way that would prevent it from being stolen/copied. Through normal means. I the player have expressed that I am comfortable with post restrictions in the past, Max has done the opposite I believe.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 30, 2022, 11:42:48 am »

I won't comment on the theory - why would I possibly comment on the theory? - but I do want to clarify:
I don't think Web would give Max the player a post restriction, and even mine was given in an abnormal way that would prevent it from being stolen/copied. Through normal means. I the player have expressed that I am comfortable with post restrictions in the past, Max has done the opposite I believe.
While that's true - I'm incredibly uncomfortable with them! - I don't really think as poorly of "lie to gain power" as notQT suggests. "must ONLY lie to keep power" would make me just as mad as your own claimed restriction, (although not as mad as some even more constraining post restrictions would,) but I wouldn't really mind having to come up with the occasional lie to maintain full power.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 30, 2022, 12:05:25 pm »

Vector: I see zero reason for you to claim your action last night unless you want to.
Vector maybe implied they were going to protect me last night, which would make them a Wizard and hopefully not monstrous. That would leave Max as the third Witch.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 30, 2022, 12:07:34 pm »

Max, this true?

At this point he’s lying because he’s scum.

@Lenglon: it’s pretty obvious (to me, anyway) that the team is Jack and Max at this point. Jack’s N1 action was only corroborated by Max, arguably given a bit more strength by having “stole” a mafiakill blocking ability from Max that he would’ve known about from being in a team.

I’m beginning to regret not pushing harder on Jack D2 because he was power-wolfing it up on D1 making it look like he was doing something (covered already in my post in D2) while Max was doing his own weird “not serious vote is actually serious trollolol” thing.

They both disappeared to some extent on D2, presumably because neither of them were under any great pressure, but we had more or less decided in the elimination 24 hours before the day ended.

Why is this important, I hear you say? Well, they both claimed to have a block specific to the mafiakill - which doesn’t make much sense to me, a block is a block, it’ll stop the mafiakill as well as anything else - but despite the ample time they had to coordinate the three blocks that town knew about, there were 4 suspects for who performed the kill N1, we were eliminating one of them, that leaves the three other suspects that can be easily covered. Lenglon had claimed blocking NQT because he was blocked N1 and we weren’t sure if this was the mafiakill, that means Max and Jack should have been blocking Vector and myself. Except they can’t do that because then they can’t kill in the night and divert suspicion away from themselves, so Max claimed to have missed Lenglon saying they would block NQT, which means Jack probably performed the kill N1, and either of them could have performed the kill N2, in addition to me.

I don’t really understand why Jack protects Vector N2 when Toony is the superior target due to his claimed, now confirmed, vig.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 30, 2022, 12:09:56 pm »

EBWOP Vector was meant to Jim. I’m seriously confused why Jack protected Vector, so I think I mixed them up in my head.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 30, 2022, 12:13:25 pm »

I am not a witch.

Why is this important, I hear you say? Well, they both claimed to have a block specific to the mafiakill - which doesn’t make much sense to me, a block is a block, it’ll stop the mafiakill as well as anything else
Don't be stupid. The block works as a normal block most of the time, but under the right circumstances, automatically blocks the mafiakill and announces its target publically in the thread.

Is this why my attempt to imply, in my instructions to Jack, that those circumstances would have been in operation last night didn't deter you in any way? The mafia didn't actually understand what it would do? That does, at least, somewhat quiet my suspicion that EuchreJack might really be Evil, since in that case Evil would know exactly how the block worked. Although you could still be faking not knowing, I guess.

I agree with the principle that Jack's action makes no sense at all. Buuuuut he does that sometimes, too.

(I absolutely did not disappear D2, I went to war with Knightwing that whole day!)
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 102