Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47951 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #975 on: September 27, 2022, 03:12:41 pm »

I am hoping they will mafiakill me before we reach MYLO/LYLO.
They won't.
They might if I can make myself a sufficient PITA. Tis part of why I want to play aggro here.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 27, 2022, 03:44:28 pm »

Didn’t you say earlier that your presence doesn’t count toward the Good wincon? Why would scum want you out of the game, via elimination or NK, if that’s the case?
You answered you own question here. Scum don't want me out. That's why I view your lack of action as scummy. If you're Good on the other hand, then scum DO want you out. We're in different situations even though our actions towards each other are similar. Though I believe I've been rather active following up on my other leads, which to my eyes you have not been anything of the kind.
It’s almost as though I have other things to do that limit my ability to play mafia to the standards of the forum, and when someone posts nonsense I feel the need to clear up that eats into that limited time further.

I suppose that post I made earlier looking into EJ was totes active-lurking though, even though I made reference to being bothered by EJ earlier in the day.

I’m not the only one with a lack of activity, regardless. What makes my lack of activity so special in comparison to… basically everyone who isn’t Toony, NQT, or you? Arguably Jim, too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 27, 2022, 03:47:50 pm »

Didn’t you say earlier that your presence doesn’t count toward the Good wincon? Why would scum want you out of the game, via elimination or NK, if that’s the case?
You answered you own question here. Scum don't want me out. That's why I view your lack of action as scummy. If you're Good on the other hand, then scum DO want you out. We're in different situations even though our actions towards each other are similar. Though I believe I've been rather active following up on my other leads, which to my eyes you have not been anything of the kind.
It’s almost as though I have other things to do that limit my ability to play mafia to the standards of the forum, and when someone posts nonsense I feel the need to clear up that eats into that limited time further.

I suppose that post I made earlier looking into EJ was totes active-lurking though, even though I made reference to being bothered by EJ earlier in the day.

I’m not the only one with a lack of activity, regardless. What makes my lack of activity so special in comparison to… basically everyone who isn’t Toony, NQT, or you? Arguably Jim, too.
Not as much as I'd like. As I said, you're only mildly scummy to my eyes, and in no world are you today's lynch. NQT asked my eval of you so I gave it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 27, 2022, 04:23:12 pm »

I like the EJ post. Jack definitely didn't mind if you died yesterday, in fact they we encouraging me and Max to vote you. I think this at least means that you and Jack are not scum partners.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 27, 2022, 07:10:21 pm »

I've got a post brewing...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 27, 2022, 07:44:32 pm »

I might think that, but do I think it's possible for Knightwing64 and Maximum Spin to change alignment from Good/Not Evil to Evil if they do exactly what Maximum Spin has been warning against? I do.

I can't reason through why Maximum Spin, who has been warning about the Devil Summoning Witch the whole game, is now okay with doing what he's been warning against.
Fair, but not what I was warning against.

It's simple: I reflected and realized that, now that everyone knows who the witch is, there's no significant downside and, if Knightwing really is Good, a large potential upside. Neither of our wincons will change - I wouldn't actually want to do that if it did; while KW might want to become Evil now, I don't - so nothing prevents me from just saying "lynch Knightwing" tomorrow if it turns out badly. Which I will.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 27, 2022, 07:49:03 pm »

I might think that, but do I think it's possible for Knightwing64 and Maximum Spin to change alignment from Good/Not Evil to Evil if they do exactly what Maximum Spin has been warning against? I do.

I can't reason through why Maximum Spin, who has been warning about the Devil Summoning Witch the whole game, is now okay with doing what he's been warning against.
Fair, but not what I was warning against.

It's simple: I reflected and realized that, now that everyone knows who the witch is, there's no significant downside and, if Knightwing really is Good, a large potential upside. Neither of our wincons will change - I wouldn't actually want to do that if it did; while KW might want to become Evil now, I don't - so nothing prevents me from just saying "lynch Knightwing" tomorrow if it turns out badly. Which I will.
Max: Are you currently Neutral? I know I've asked this before, but it's very relevant to the current conversation.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 27, 2022, 08:02:27 pm »

I feel like I have learned a lot by doing this.

I read all of Persus' post on D1 and I want to share how that went.

Let the hunt begin.

D1 Persus

#76 - Persus' first post. He remarks about the setup. He responses to Lenglon's miller claim in a "hmmmm" way. He responds to Toony telling Tric not to claim their role like last Supernatural and asks Toony about past games.

This is a fine opening post.

#101 - Persus softly asks Knightwing if they've played with them before and what their mafia experience is since they recognize KW the least.

Fine.

#158 - Persus responds to Jack/Max/Toony talking about cult flavor and how sometimes they're just killers and sometimes they're converters. Persus asks Jack why they are scumreading Jim. Persus responds to Toony roasting them from Supernatural 7. Persus FoS NQT for trying to figure out game flavor/mechanics early before we even have D2 flavor.

This post might imply Persus expected to survive to D2, so his death may have been unexpected to him.

Also suspecting NQT in general might mean NQT is not Evil, or not Evil with Persus.

#160 - Persus finds Knightwing suspicious for getting defensive when Max attacks KW.

This looks like a natural attack on Persus' part.

#169 - Persus likes most of NQT's stuff, but thinks some of NQT's questions to 4mask seem overblown but isn't sure since it's ongoing. Persus questions why Tric used the word mislynches against Max.

Soft prodding at NQT and Tric. Looks natural.

#193 - Lenglon asks Persus what their top 3 scum right now are and why since Lenglon feels they aren't fully engaged in scumhunting. Persus says they would shoot Tric, NQT, and 4mask. Persus gives justifications for each of these players. Persus gives Hector/Toony/Jim strong town reads. Thinks Lenglon is the person that wastes people's time on D1. Isn't sure about Jack, Knightwing, and Max since he doesn't know them well. Forgot Vector and Egan were even in the game. Asks a question to Vector and Egan.

This is a really important post. Let's thank Lenglon for having them make it.

I think it's unlikely both NQT and 4mask are Evil from this post unless Persus was completely bussing them.
One could be Evil, or none.

#209 - Persus votes Tric so he'll answer his question about mislynches. Responds to Jack and asks them what their read on Jim is. Thanks Jack for the response and the funny Jim post they linked.

Fine.

#249 - Tells Lenglon that their yellow roleplay text is unreadable in light mode.

Fine.

#283 - Persus isn't happy with the 4mask lynch because Knightwing's vote was RVS, Jack's vote was random, and NQT's vote is purely tactical. Finds 4mask and Tric both hard to read, but thinks town 4mask is more useful than town Tric. Persus votes Knightwing (off of Tric) here because he wants them to justify their vote on 4mask. Also remarks they need to go through Jack's posts and see if there's more of a reason for them voting 4mask. Let's Tric off the hook after being neutral about them. Explains why they voted Tric to Lenglon.

Persus looks like they care about 4mask here since they're voting Knightwing for having a questionable 4mask vote.

#315 - Tells Knightwing there's plenty of time left in D1 for them to post.

Fine.

Knightwing's post here is more reason why I think they're by themselves and probably Good.

#386 - Was going to post today but is tired of stuff going on in-thread and is just going to go to sleep. Will try to post tomorrow morning and be around for day end.

They kept this promise.

#419 - Persus gives Toony a reason for why Max would spill a bunch of info.

This post feels very much like Persus and Max have no relationship.

#423 - "Random Thought 3: Given all the buddying going on, part of me is paranoid that webadict did the two scumteams trick again." Thinks Max doesn't really have a grand plan and is flaily. Doesn't really see Max as scum, but if he was scum then his partners must be Egan or Vector or someone less active like that. Unvotes Knightwing for feeling like panicked town. Votes Hector because Persus feels Hector is coasting. Responds to Hector's lukewarm town read of Jack, thinks Hector is copying Toony's case on 4mask. Asks Egan if they have a favorite town or scum game they've played. Reponds to Vector's FoS towards them about their reads, says that Tric and Max feels like town vs town. Thinks Toony is town but some of his takes are weirdly overconfident. Jim and Knightwing both feel fairly town. Is most suspicious of Hector. Isn't sure about Vector or Egan because they haven't posted enough. Isn't as sure about his top 3 scum reads of Tric/4mask/NQT that Lenglon asked him earlier in D1. Thinks Hector is more guilty than any of the three currently. Tells Tric that Max's behavior is classic town lynch play.

Another really important post with a lot to analyze.

Persus randomly mentions that he's worried Webadict did a two scumteam setup again. Persus was Evil so was this an honest paranoia? The irony is massive if he was killed by another scum team. The way Persus was killed looks extremely cult-like and not monster-y, but I'm not sure. We'll obviously learn more as people get killed.

Persus starts to vote Hector here after unvoting Knightwing.

Gives updated reads on everyone except Jack, oops must have forgot I guess.

#424 - Adds in they forgot to remove the Toony header they ended up posting as #419 instead.

Fine.

#426 - Responds to 4mask being confused by Max's roleclaim by pointing out that the "effectively recruited" part seems weird. "How are you effectively recruited? Someone takes your role or tells you what to do?"

Maybe that's what Max means if someone offers him a Devil Deal. It's not a conversion so much as a takeover. Like maybe they take all of Max's abilities and their vote?

#427 - Responds to Lenglon that their guess on the setup sounds like the Good, Bad, and the Ugly game they hosted.

Fine.

#471 - Responds to Vector: "Unless someone tries to tie up the vote at day end, I'll probably stick with my vote. I'm not convinced Max is scum, but I think his flip gives us a lot of info still, same if 4maskwolf or NQT winds up overtaking him. Hector's response to my post was a decent response, but not enough to make me unvote and make me not want to see his flip." Tells Hector they're happy they added to their 4mask case more, but still feels like they're pointing out what others noticed first.

Persus is content with Max being the leading wagon in this post.
Seems pretty fine if 4mask or NQT end up getting lynched instead of Max.
Isn't convinced by Hector's post and continues to vote them, Hector was only being voted by Persus at this point.

I believe this post means it's unlikely Persus was partners with any of Max, 4mask, NQT, or Hector.
Actual priority order would be something like Max > 4mask = NQT > Hector with Max meaning the least to Persus and 4mask and NQT probably not meaning much to Persus. Hector is interesting because he was the only vote on Hector so he could be bluffing and not expecting a big wagon to happen.

#475 - Tells NQT to deal with it when NQT tells Persus that a last second Hector push isn't going to happen.

Fine.

#520 - Persus' last post, 90 minutes before Day end. Hector has two votes now, the other by Jack. Continues to pressure Hector. Explains to Lenglon why Hector is suspect. Responds to Knightwing's question by telling him Lenglon was the first to mention three witches.

Persus' push on Hector looks convincing. I don't really see Hector as partners with Persus here.

And that's it. Persus doesn't post anymore D1 and Tric is executed.

The next day Persus is found dead with their belly cut open and their organs (plus feathers and wings) laid in a circle around him.

I don't get the impression he expected to die.

Not a single player voted Persus on D1.
Persus voted Tric, then Knightwing, then Hector on D1.

Vector FoS'd Persus once.
Persus FoS'D NQT once.

My opinion of compatibility level with Persus as a partner (I'm ignoring D2):

Most likely

Jack
Egan

Jim
Vector

Hector
4mask
NQT
Knightwing
Max
Lenglon

Least likely

Jack and Egan have a high possibility of being with Persus, Jack more than Egan.
Jim and Vector have a moderate possibility of being with Persus, Jim more than Vector.
Everyone else has a low possibility of being with Persus.

If Persus has a partner or partners I would guess they are within Jack/Egan/Jim/Vector.

If Persus doesn't have any partners I wasted my evening.

Bonus Content:

Tric's reads on D1 (they never changed so I can grab any post lol):
No, it's the one telling me not to claim when I've already decided on that. Believe 4mask said that's my only town tell afterward.

Also Jack. As stated, mostly going off of meta. This isn't town jack or town max to me. And as max said, they gel together. A Jack/Max/Toony scumteam makes sense in my head, though my read on Toony was a bit weaker when I made it.

In either case, my pick to lynch today is either max or jack. My townreads right now are.. Egan, NQT, Persus. Legnlon I'm reading as third party, but they're not really a threat at the moment. At least I know they're not scum, and those evildoers are the ones we need to lynch.(
Mostly worte this down in third, which given it's a response to you is odd, but eh.)

Tric scumreads Max/Jack/Toony.

Tric townreads Egan/NQT/Persus.

Tric thinks Lenglon is third-party.

PPE:
Max: Are you currently Neutral? I know I've asked this before, but it's very relevant to the current conversation.
I think I have it figured out.

Max wouldn't get converted but it neuters him in some way ("effectively converted" in Max's words) that would be bad if Knightwing isn't Good.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 27, 2022, 08:17:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On a second opinion I think Vector is a low possibility. Vector made Persus a possible kill target with Hector and Persus may have ended up dying for it. I don't think Vector would do that if they were partners with Persus.

I would swap Vector with 4mask. Persus gave a sort of defense to 4mask which might be alignment indicative. If 4mask is Good then I would replace 4mask with NQT here.

Most likely

Jack
Egan

Jim
4mask (replace with NQT if Good)

Hector
Vector
NQT
Knightwing
Max
Lenglon

Least likely

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 27, 2022, 08:25:16 pm »

#193 - Lenglon asks Persus what their top 3 scum right now are and why since Lenglon feels they aren't fully engaged in scumhunting. Persus says they would shoot Tric, NQT, and 4mask. Persus gives justifications for each of these players. Persus gives Hector/Toony/Jim strong town reads. Thinks Lenglon is the person that wastes people's time on D1. Isn't sure about Jack, Knightwing, and Max since he doesn't know them well. Forgot Vector and Egan were even in the game. Asks a question to Vector and Egan.

This is a really important post. Let's thank Lenglon for having them make it.

I think it's unlikely both NQT and 4mask are Evil from this post unless Persus was completely bussing them.
One could be Evil, or none.
Rule of Three or powerwolfing is the real question and I haven't played with Persus in long enough to have a firm view on how he would play that.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 27, 2022, 08:33:15 pm »

So if I understand things correctly.

Toony is claiming town vigilante and didn't kill Persus, and thus thinks Persus' kill was anti-town.

Nobody has claimed the Persus kill so anti-town is more or less confirmed at this point.

Nobody has claimed redirection so Persus either was non-pack evil or was killed by non-pack evil.

The only other player permitted to die last night was hector13 who lived.

Nobody claimed protection on hector.

If these facts are all correct, then I think we can draw one of two (technically three) conclusions:

1. Persus was an SK or other evil third party.
2. One of hector13, NQT, or the nonconfirmable actions/no action claims are teamed with Persus.
3. This is BYOR 13 all over again and every evil player is an SK (knightwing is probably evil in this case)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 27, 2022, 08:38:07 pm »

Hold up I remembered the logic I forgot behind point 2.

If Persus was a pack wolf I'm pretty sure that one of hector13 or NQT is a wolf.

Because either the nightkill got blocked (and NQT is the only person who claimed to be blocked and nobody else has claimed a block on someone) or the wolves didn't want to kill hector13.

And Persus really wanted hector dead so it was either a hellbus or hector is not-pack (in the situation of Persus being a pack wolf).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 27, 2022, 08:50:31 pm »

I asked Vector for their updated opinion on NQT and Jack because they had strong opinions about both. I think I can trust them more knowing they are maybe a part of why Persus died and also that I know they did nothing last night.

Previous reads

Day 2 Reads

Not Evil
Lenglon - no change

Good
Knightwing - no change
Max - I'm bumping up to solid Good, really think they're town here

Probably Good
Vector - raising up because of previously mentioned reasons
Jim - no change, would like to think they're town, has a bone to pick with Hector
Hector - raising a little bit due to Persus interactions, could still be Evil, has a bone to pick with Jack
4mask - I don't know, Jim liked their D1 responses to me and Vector was okay switching off them too. Could easily still be Evil but I'm raising a bit for now.

Maybe Good
Jack - dropped a lot, I'm kind of sick of them hard-defending players like Tric (who flipped town) and Egan (who we don't know) like they're a psychic guru, if I agree with Hector and Vector then Jack is Evil but I want to see more before I'd be willing to vote them. Really doesn't want Knightwing to blab about the power they offered them, and also doesn't want other players to accept deals which is super selfish.
NQT - dropped a bit, has been under the most amount of pressure out of any player so far, is also sick, could be town but could just as easily be mafia, don't really want to vote
Egan - dropped a bit, decided to res Tric and announce it to everyone?? maybe they're town

Jack may be completely right and town, but I've lost confidence and want to hear from Vector while I eat my foot.

I don't trust Egan's res even if they're town and wish they would understand that. The only reason I can think they're town is why did they announce they're going to res?? They could have just kept it to themselves. Not sure why Evil!Egan does that. I also think Evil!Egan would drop from the face of the Earth at this point in a game though.

PPE:
If Persus was a pack wolf I'm pretty sure that one of hector13 or NQT is a wolf.

Because either the nightkill got blocked (and NQT is the only person who claimed to be blocked and nobody else has claimed a block on someone) or the wolves didn't want to kill hector13.

And Persus really wanted hector dead so it was either a hellbus or hector is not-pack (in the situation of Persus being a pack wolf).
Maybe. It's a reasonable assertion.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 27, 2022, 08:53:55 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Egan_BW       --3-- ToonyMan*, Vector*, notquitethere*,
-> notquitethere --3-- Lenglon*, 4maskwolf*, Maximum Spin*,
Jim Groovester   --1-- EuchreJack*,
4maskwolf        --0--
EuchreJack       --0--
hector13         --0--
Knightwing64     --0--
Lenglon          --0--
Maximum Spin     --0--
ToonyMan         --0--
Vector           --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting       --4-- Egan_BW*, hector13, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64*,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on September 28, 2022 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time (23 hours and 6 minutes remaining.)

NOTE: In the event of a tie, Evil forces choose the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 27, 2022, 08:55:02 pm »

4mask: please link to the Rules of Powerwolfing you're talking about?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 102