Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47946 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #960 on: September 27, 2022, 01:59:27 pm »

I'm seriously curious what the hell Lenglon thought they read.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 27, 2022, 02:02:48 pm »

speaking of, Hector: where do you think the mafiakill went?

I’ve no idea. Persus and I were the only ones available to kill, so unless something weird happened that resulted Persus on the mafia team getting hit by the mafiakill (nobody has claimed anything like that) then I think the only possible things that happened are the mafiakill either didn’t happen, the mafiakill was blocked, or one of the people with unverifiable actions is lying about something.

I don’t know if infects or poisons are possible in Supernaturals and I don’t have time right now to check it out, but if I die at some point before D3 with that kind of flavour then yeah, that’ll be what happened. Jim has claimed nobody visited me though, so that seems an unlikely outcome, and would obviously throw a lot of attention on Jim.

PPE: many posts again
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 27, 2022, 02:05:28 pm »

The Good wincon says nothing about SKs. I saw a straight scumslip.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 27, 2022, 02:06:05 pm »

The way you phrased it the first time read like your wincon was to defeat mafia and SKs, but I could tell you were just trying to say that secondary mafia teams and SKs would be under Evil as well.

I believe Lenglon's earnest "we gotcha now!!" by interpreting your sentence as a scumslip strikes me as genuine.

I think Lenglon is very clearly Neutral at this point. Webadict has mentioned Good, Neutral, and Evil as our three alignments. And we know Lenglon has claimed not Evil, but also isn't Good.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 27, 2022, 02:10:25 pm »

Toony's interpretation is right. I didn't intend to claim my wincon said anything specifically about any team compositions. I'm just making the true claim as someone who has played previous Supernaturals that SKs are Evil, a point Lenglon appears to deny or downplay.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 27, 2022, 02:12:39 pm »

If SKs aren’t Evil, wouldn’t that mean town could win with SKs alive?

That would be weird.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 27, 2022, 02:12:58 pm »

The Good wincon says nothing about SKs. I saw a straight scumslip.
I don't think it was a scumslip but I wasn't going to pass on giving NQT a heart attack. Maybe that's mean given their circumstances. Either way, he's not caught scum since we can assume the Evil have the Good wincon word for word thanks to you telling us non-Good players have access to it...wait a second.

For the record, any townread I had of Jack that relates to Good=Green is incorrect. Evil!Jack would have that information.

I need to update my reads for D2 as well.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 27, 2022, 02:15:12 pm »

Lenglon, if you are town sided, how about something useful. What do you think of Vector, Jim, Hector and 4mask? They've received less oxygen.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 27, 2022, 02:18:36 pm »

If SKs aren’t Evil, wouldn’t that mean town could win with SKs alive?

That would be weird.
I had this same conundrum earlier which is why I was asking Web how Evil decides ties. He was very unhelpful.

If it's not an Evil SK then it's a separate Evil force, but either way there has to be split Evil forces or else Persus wouldn't have died. SKs can't be Neutral because then Good could win with them.

Otherwise:
1. Persus killed himself - this is dumb without some huge payoff
2. A Neutral player working for Evil killed an Evil by accident - this is hilarious but why give a mally a kill? Seems OP

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 27, 2022, 02:20:38 pm »

Vector seems town because of their day action trapping Persus out and possibly being the reason there wasn't a mafiakill.

Jim seems town because of their method of questioning Hector, but only mildly so. He seems to be mostly watchful from the side

Hector I think I've made my opinion quite clear on and I don't understand why you asked that question of me.

4mask seems likely town to me, the change to my role made sense as a thing to do, was a confirmable action, and has commited him to performing confirmable actions for the next several nights as well.

so, yeah, I'm not very interested in them, they seem town. moving on.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 27, 2022, 02:30:32 pm »

actually, I don't think I ever summarized my opinion of Hector in one spot looking back, so here:

Hector's position reagarding me feels scummy to me, but it's not a major tell. From my perspective scum are going to want to keep me around because they can "investigate the Third-Party" as a safe way to active-lurk. Hector's case for why I'm a problem is entirely based on my claim at the very beginning of Day 1 (and it's not actually consistent about if he believes I'm telling the truth or not), and he's actively refused to perform real follow up or vote me, but still pitches a fit about it periodically. This is effectively active-lurking. Hector's pressure on not-me is very lackluster and barely extant at all. He has refused to use his vote in a meaningful way so far in general. However, he hasn't actively done anything scummy. I have no case against Hector right now, but I consider Hector my lynch of choice for any time I don't actually see anyone scummy to lynch. To me he's a lurker.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 27, 2022, 02:32:22 pm »

also, scum are going to want to keep me around to push for us to mislynch later on. I am hoping they will mafiakill me before we reach MYLO/LYLO. Hector's policy of calling me scummy but not trying to actually get me lynched feels like he's trying to keep an easy lynch around for the endgame, and to keep my scummy and keep his case on me consistent for when that endgame is reached.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 27, 2022, 02:50:13 pm »

So your lack of action on my slot is not to be seen as scummy, but my lack of action on your slot is scummy? Okay.

Third party trying to lead the town toward anything is no bueno whatever this is just going to turn into the same argument all over and I can’t be bothered. I don’t like third parties. Get over it. Read MafiaKart for why.

Didn’t you say earlier that your presence doesn’t count toward the Good wincon? Why would scum want you out of the game, via elimination or NK, if that’s the case?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 27, 2022, 02:57:11 pm »

I am hoping they will mafiakill me before we reach MYLO/LYLO.
They won't.

Didn’t you say earlier that your presence doesn’t count toward the Good wincon? Why would scum want you out of the game, via elimination or NK, if that’s the case?
They won't.

It's the same reason why they won't kill Tric if he comes back. Even if he comes back town he's perfect mislynch fodder.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 27, 2022, 03:11:10 pm »

You answered you own question here. Scum don't want me out. That's why I view your lack of action as scummy. If you're Good on the other hand, then scum DO want you out. We're in different situations even though our actions towards each other are similar. Though I believe I've been rather active following up on my other leads, which to my eyes you have not been anything of the kind.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 102