Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47793 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #840 on: September 26, 2022, 05:41:26 pm »

OK, one more reply then I sleep for real

NQT: This isn't complicated. I consider myself a variant Miller. I claimed Monster abilities Post 1 of Day 1, Max claimed Monster abilities at the beginning of Day 1 as well. You only claimed when you got caught with them. I do not believe your claim to have "forgotten". I think you're an Evil that tried to hide your monstrous nature.
That may be how you consider yourself, but it's not an accurate way of thinking about the tag.

Imagine for one second that you're a kind of Sexton. A town role. Someone claims having monster powers so you speculate that they could be some kind of were-beast, given the setting:

Miller-like claim Here: I am not Evil, but my actions do have the "Monster" tag.
I'm guessing some kind of were-beast. We should be on the look out for bodies killed with claws or teeth.

You know that 'monsters' in this game, like werebears, can be town, or like were-rats, can be survivors. Monster isn't the same as Evil. The possibility of being considered a monster yourself doesn't ever cross your mind.

On D2, this very same player then claims that you are a monster and have a monster power. You check and right enough, one of your abilities (not all, not more than one, just one) has an unexpected 'monster' tag. It's not an ability in anyway related to being a monster, as you are a Sexton. It has a soul theme, so there's maybe some rationale. Still, it's a surprise to you. Anyway, this nut keeps on claiming that this omission means you are Evil after all.

Now consider that this was how it was for me and you're being insane and/or disingenuous for pushing this line.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 26, 2022, 05:44:15 pm »

I don't have night actions. This doesn't seem so surprising given that I have a day activated revive? That's pretty powerful already.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 26, 2022, 05:46:59 pm »

@NQT:
I don't think Lenglon is trying to be malicious here NQT, regardless of whether they're correct or not about you.

@Egan:
I don't have night actions. This doesn't seem so surprising given that I have a day activated revive? That's pretty powerful already.
Okay.

Describe who you are and why you're here, right now.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 26, 2022, 05:51:23 pm »

I think the main problem with this particular idea is that the offered party gains a revive instead of being a meat shield if they don’t go along with it.

What would happen if EJ were to reject your current offer to him?
For what it's worth, I was going to offer this info if Knightwing64 did not.

Egan just looks like their Town self. Goofy, fun-loving, and clearly enjoys being a part of Forum Mafia as a low-effort Townie.

I might have more semi- relevant experience with Egan as scum, as the GM of the Forum Paranoia game. Egan as scum is generally a cool, focused professional committed to the win.

I'm really not buying Egan as scum.

However, I do believe at least one scum was on Tric's wagon.
At this point, I'm thinking it's Jim.

I'm also bewildered why everyone is insisting that reviving Tric is a Very Bad thing.

Egan, it's hard to imagine that your Revive has multiple uses, so people are suspecting you because you obviously have some other power. It might be worth mentioning another Day Power that you have to save your neck.

Also: Does your Revive still work if you're lynched?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 26, 2022, 05:53:12 pm »

Here's an example:

I'm a retired monster hunter. I've killed hundreds of monsters since I was 19. My first kill was a Ghoul that had eaten a friend of mine. Another friend of mine had their child go missing so I left retirement to investigate. So now I'm here.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 26, 2022, 05:53:31 pm »

I don’t know if EJ was aware of the consequences of rejecting, and the power hasn’t been revealed so…

I’m also a teensy bit resentful of EJ’s case on me being “fuck it”, 5 hours before the end of D1, as I stated at the day start. Just because he didn’t perform the kill doesn’t mean he isn’t something to worry about.
I voted you, get over it. It tends to happen in these games.  :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 26, 2022, 06:08:52 pm »

Now for a Fun segment called "Why wasn't Hector Killed last night?"

We know Persus13 died last night, was Evil, and only Persus13 and Hector could be killed.
Toony alleges to be the Town Vigilante. I believe that claim due to the way that Toony revealed it. So I suspect Persus13's death came from Third Party. Nobody claimed it, so the killer is probably Another Evil. This is useful, as it makes it less likely that Third Party was capable of killing Hector. So only Mafia had the capability to kill Hector. This leads me to three possible conclusions:
1) The kill was stopped by a Roleblocker. The most obvious theory is that Max stopped NQT from killing Hector.
2) Hector is on the scum team, thus the scum team No Killed.
3) The Mafia does NOT include Hector, but still decided it was best to NO KILL.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 26, 2022, 06:09:51 pm »

Sure

"I'm one of the Fey, a being that trades in far more currencies than simple coin. We trade in memories, in favors, even in our own bodies at times. And I... I've been envious of humanity for a very, very long time. The freetime, the the simplicity, no need constantly barter for the necessities of simple existance. You can just eat and sleep and work and love and be. And well, I wanted to live like that, to be a human myself. So I collected everything I could, gathering memories and favors and even trading my own body for the simple Pixie form I had when I got here, all of it to gain a one-way trip to the human world. When I got here, it, it was so glorious, so beautiful, but also so confusing. So much I couldn't understand. You humans can lie so easily, and somehow you claim to own land or whatever? I was lost for quite some time. But eventually I found my way here, with the help of Web who helped me find a home, as my first friend. And now he... I may not be one of you, but I want justice for my friend, and to still have a home, a chance to live amongst humanity, when this is all over."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 26, 2022, 06:13:21 pm »

Part of why I'm fairly certain the Evil are monsters is my own motivations. I can't live amongst humanity if all the humans are dead.
also:
“My children.  I have identified the cause of your siblings murder,” They being. “Monsters have infiltrated our ranks, and while my Vision was once true enough to be able to pierce their veil, time has taken It from me.  Thus, I know that with your help, you can find the monsters among you and cast them before all of us.  We will sacrifice them to the Burning Sun.”
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 26, 2022, 06:28:09 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Egan_BW     --3-- ToonyMan*, Vector*, notquitethere*,
notquitethere  --2-- Lenglon*, EuchreJack*,
Knightwing64   --1-- Maximum Spin*,
Maximum Spin   --1-- Knightwing64*,
4maskwolf      --0--
EuchreJack     --0--
hector13       --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
Lenglon        --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
Vector         --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --4-- 4maskwolf, Egan_BW*, hector13, Jim Groovester,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on September 28, 2022 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time (~49 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 26, 2022, 06:30:04 pm »

Hm, the ability I got from Max seems be described as "the ability to push people off the righteous path".
So it doesn't look terribly noble.  But... Webadict game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 26, 2022, 06:32:21 pm »

I really need to do a reread. I don't think I have time/energy to do it tonight, but I'm committing to doing it by the end of tomorrow West Coast-Time. You can eat me if I don't get it done by then.

thanks
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 26, 2022, 06:34:48 pm »

This Day is LAME!
Why are we letting ToonyMan & Vector lead us into Another mislynch?

Since the NQT wagon doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and I think Egan is Town, let's see if Jim Groovester is a more viable scummy target.

I really need to do a reread. I don't think I have time/energy to do it tonight, but I'm committing to doing it by the end of tomorrow West Coast-Time. You can eat me if I don't get it done by then.

thanks
Welcome back, Town-Vector!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 26, 2022, 06:36:02 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 26, 2022, 06:36:58 pm »

I'm really not buying Egan as scum.
I wanted a snappy response from Egan, but anyway while we're here let's think about this:

When I was snooping around for who killed Persus it came to the point where just Egan and Hector had not claimed night actions. I voted Egan and asked them what they did last night. Egan's response?

Egan, what'd you do last night?
Are we sure that we want to narrow down who killed Evil!Persus?
Egan couldn't know for sure that a town vigilante existed. One could argue that Egan's response here was to hopefully blend themselves in as a "town vig" as it seemed possible a town vig did not exist at that point. I find this suspect.

PPE:
Welcome back, Town-Vector!
Fuck off
haha
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 102