Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47688 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #765 on: September 25, 2022, 09:34:28 pm »

NQT's ability is a redirect. It picks two targets and redirects them to each other.
That's the one with the monster tag?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 25, 2022, 09:40:56 pm »

NQT's ability is a redirect. It picks two targets and redirects them to each other.
One of. My ability selected a single action with the Monster tag at random from those he has. It would have failed and refunded if he had no actions with the Monster tag.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 25, 2022, 10:37:33 pm »

Both the abilities obtained from Max and NQT have the Monster tag.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 26, 2022, 05:48:12 am »

Huh.

IT SEEMS LIKE OUR CLASSMATES HAVE FALLEN INTO BEAUTIFUL DESPAIR, HAHA-

*cough

Apologizes, I had a cold.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 26, 2022, 06:26:27 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Knightwing64  --2-- Egan_BW*, Maximum Spin*,
-> Maximum Spin  --2-- Knightwing64*, notquitethere*,
-> notquitethere --2-- Lenglon*, Vector*,
Egan_BW          --1-- ToonyMan*,
4maskwolf        --0--
EuchreJack       --0--
hector13         --0--
Jim Groovester   --0--
Lenglon          --0--
ToonyMan         --0--
Vector           --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting       --4-- 4maskwolf, EuchreJack, hector13, Jim Groovester,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on September 28, 2022 at 20:00 Central Daylight Time (~61 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, Evil forces choose the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 26, 2022, 07:18:27 am »

Shitty execution targets again I see. Let's just let the Mafia pick ALL our lynches.

Grr, NQT is actually suspicious, as the ability could belong to Mafia. Monsterous binding of souls sounds sketchy, but then again, Webadict game.

I will note my own ability is NOT monster tag, just in case people start wondering if ALL the abilities are tagged "monster".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 26, 2022, 07:37:50 am »

EJ, this 'monster' tag thing is just a massive red herring. The ability is a one-shot advanced version of the town thief power. I'm sure a lot of players have similar one-shot upgrades. Maybe it's 'monstrous' because it's soul themed, who knows. The real reason is so that powers can interact with the tags and you know that. Is that really your reason for voting the wagon?

And Vector, I was just speculating, I wasn't asking anyone to make any claim. This 'role fishing' thing dogs me in every game. My natural inclination is to speculate, to try to make sense. There's nothing scum-sided about that, it's just my play style.

In too many games on Bay12, we've let 'useful' 3rd parties hang around for a long time and it's turned out that they're serial killers or similar. I've re-read KW's claim that his power and it makes little sense as a town power, right?

The souls I get from you accepting the deal let’s me kill everyone whose soul I have when I get to three or more. Given that I’m planning to give these deals to town, of which I am, I’m obviously not going to.

Does this add up?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 26, 2022, 07:54:52 am »

Shitty execution targets again I see. Let's just let the Mafia pick ALL our lynches.

Grr, NQT is actually suspicious, as the ability could belong to Mafia. Monsterous binding of souls sounds sketchy, but then again, Webadict game.

I will note my own ability is NOT monster tag, just in case people start wondering if ALL the abilities are tagged "monster".
Knightwing and Max aren't Evil so two of these "wagons" are bad.

Voting NQT purely because of their role is incorrect as I don't see why town couldn't have a monster tag redirect.

It would be better to vote them for their behavior, whether you believe they didn't notice the monster tag on their redirect, whether you believe they were blocked from killing Hector, etc.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 26, 2022, 07:55:39 am »

The souls I get from you accepting the deal let’s me kill everyone whose soul I have when I get to three or more. Given that I’m planning to give these deals to town, of which I am, I’m obviously not going to.
Does this add up?
Who do you think killed Persus?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 26, 2022, 09:10:33 am »

NQT: I've had two different monster roles so far. In both cases every single ability has had the "monster" tag, no matter what the ability was. The tag seems to be based on the origin if the ability, not the ability itself.

Also, why are you votjng Max while saying you dislike KW's claim?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 26, 2022, 09:23:11 am »

Toony
Who do you think killed Persus?
If the claims are all true, then it either it's Egan or Hector; OR Wuba has sprinkled in some free actions and someone performed the sacrifice. Hector and Persus were at each other's throats, so maybe it's him. Whether it's multiple Evil teams, a neutral thing or a town-led ritual remains to be seen.

My current speculation is that NQT tried to mafiakill and couldn't.
My current theory is Persus had a mafiakill that is a low priority and was killed before it could fire. Wuba appears to use a linear form of action processing where kills can actually prevent slower actions. (That's not something that can happen in games I run, but I can see the appeal of a straightforward order.)

I'm kind of confused because Good wins when all Evil players are removed. I'm not really understanding the structure that's going on here. I really don't think a Good player killed Persus, but then if some other non-Good player killed them then Good isn't suppose to care even if they're SK? That doesn't work.
I think you're confusing things. Why don't you think a vig could have performed the kill? Consider the game's setting. But if they are a serial killer, then they'd be Evil. I.e. we'd have to kill them to end the game.

Lenglon
NQT: I've had two different monster roles so far. In both cases every single ability has had the "monster" tag, no matter what the ability was. The tag seems to be based on the origin if the ability, not the ability itself.
The tag is just on one power (for whatever reason). My other abilities don't have the monster tag, and nor would you expect them to have them.

Also, why are you votjng Max while saying you dislike KW's claim?
I'm weighing it up. Max's Day 1 game was not town-sided. I want him gone. KW's claim is also suspicious. What's confusing here? I'm not saying they're a team. This game might be like Supernatural 10 without one full Evil teams, just several disconnected Evil parties. Unless you have any better information?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 26, 2022, 09:28:01 am »

Feedback requested: I'm just trying to increase visual clarity.  Is this easier for people to read?
Looks good to me.

4mask, did I miss where you explained what you were trying to do at EOD?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 26, 2022, 09:44:39 am »

4mask, did I miss where you explained what you were trying to do at EOD?

Threadstate read (tm).

Not specifically that Vector was scum, per say (although it did feel like there was a high chance of scum in Vector/Jim) but it felt like the wolves were too comfortable with EoD yesterday. So I placed a protest vote somewhere that I felt was higher likelyhood to catch scum than the arrayed options.

Also Knightwing's post at EoD was hella wolfy with hindsight on the Tric flip, I stand by what I said that whatever alignment Tric was knightwing was probably the opposite. People are saying he's a town devil is there any specific proof that he's town aligned?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 26, 2022, 09:46:19 am »

@NQT:
I have strong reason to believe a vig did not kill Persus.

I was wondering if Hector soaked the mafiakill with some kind of monster armor, however Jim has claimed nobody even visited Hector.

Can you tell us what you tried to do last night? If it's an action that isn't known then tell us who the target was suppose to be and why.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 26, 2022, 10:01:05 am »

@NQT:
I have strong reason to believe a vig did not kill Persus.
Could you explain? I don't think Hector is Evil.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 102