Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47584 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 2: One Evil Down, More To Go [11 / 13]
« Reply #615 on: September 25, 2022, 04:30:21 pm »

Wait. Wouldn’t that make the Elder actually the evil one?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 25, 2022, 04:31:33 pm »

Yes but that's getting into game-irrelevant flavor territory. What would we do about it, other than continuing to eliminate Evil?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 25, 2022, 04:31:57 pm »

Could it also be that the mafia killed Persus who is just an Evil third-party here?

I don’t like the way Lenglon was acting around Max’s slot on D1, suggesting he was a third-party out of nowhere, then adding another person into the tie near day end which included Max. Questions would arise in a two-way tie over why the survivor wasn’t killed, putting Max under the spotlight during the night and next day, less so in a 3-way tie. You telegraphed that you were going to vote Tric, but Tric was being townread by lots of people so there’s no guarantee they accept a Tric lynch so easily and not just tie the votes up again.

Now she seems bothered that NQT has monster tags, even though she claimed monster tags as Neutral, and Max claimed monster tags and she thinks he’s a survivor, so I’m not sure why NQT’s unclaimed monster tags are such a bother, except possibly in light of 4mask’s claim he interacts with scum monster abilities in some way. Given that at least Lenglon was townread by 4mask for claiming that, there’s no reason for scum!NQT with monster tags not to claim to get town-cred, but that’s a bit WIFOM.

Given the kill flavour, I’m at least convinced it wasn’t a monster type kill, but scum died soooo… yeah.

Absolutely not happy about EJ’s vote, and also not sure why Vector acknowledged Tric’s meta of acting scummy as town, which is exactly what he was doing, and was voting him anyway.

Equally so, Jim thinking Max wasn’t scum because of his meta, despite all the inconsistencies in Max’s behaviour, but was happy to vote Tric despite him following his own town meta.

PPE: should probably post piecemeal instead of trying to get all my thoughts in one post, there’s a lot to posts I haven’t read.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #618 on: September 25, 2022, 04:36:25 pm »

Max, why did you lie yesterday when you said you were against lies?
This is an incredibly stupid question.

I've never been against lies, judiciously used. I've used them to excellent effect because I usually stay mostly truthful.

I just lied when I said I was against lies.

This shouldn't be surprising.

But what else do you think I lied about?

Anyway, if we take it as a given that Evil didn't kill Persus13, then there was no mafiakill tonight and nqt was roleblocked. That said, I've been on the other side of that exact setup, wrongly, in MVM3 round 5, so I'm not going to argue that it's more than just suggestive. There are a lot of other people I have concerns about.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 25, 2022, 04:39:03 pm »

Vector, good job, but why Hector and Persus?

I wanted one person who I was completely fine with dying (was originally Tric but I switched last minute to Persus) and one person who I thought would be appetizing for the scumteam in case we have a watcher (originally Toony but I decided that was too appetizing and I preferred to protect him, switched to Hector).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 25, 2022, 04:43:31 pm »

I just lied when I said I was against lies.

This shouldn't be surprising.
It's surprising to me. What you seem to be saying is you lied about being against lies so you wouldn't telegraph the lies you intended to make. But the lies you clearly made, about your reasons for voting, made absolutely no sense.

Vector, good job, but why Hector and Persus?

I wanted one person who I was completely fine with dying (was originally Tric but I switched last minute to Persus) and one person who I thought would be appetizing for the scumteam in case we have a watcher (originally Toony but I decided that was too appetizing and I preferred to protect him, switched to Hector).
I can see your reasoning. If that's what happened, then I wonder if someone protected Hector?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 25, 2022, 04:44:00 pm »

Alright, I have a day revive power. Gonna use it on Tric right now.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 25, 2022, 04:45:29 pm »

Wow, sweet :)

Tric is a kinda iffy choice but If you die next night up you won’t have a chance to use it, so you might as well.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 25, 2022, 04:45:38 pm »

Claim: Jack, last night you gained a new ability with a monster tag. That ability is a copy of an ability NQT had. Also, I used my bonus for speaking truthfully to ensure Max did not change alignment last night.

Max: did you change me last night? I'm not really a fan of the new look.

I'm still unsure what this means. I got TWO abilities last night.
One that Max claimed, and another one. They both have the Monster tag.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 25, 2022, 04:47:09 pm »

I kind of hope you don't, honestly. Revives have dubious utility in Supernatural games.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 25, 2022, 04:48:16 pm »

I don't want Tric alive

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 25, 2022, 04:49:45 pm »

I kind of hope you don't, honestly. Revives have dubious utility in Supernatural games.

And just so that it's clear what I'm referring to, in previous Supernaturals revives have created hostile third parties, and not even rarely.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 25, 2022, 04:50:39 pm »

It's surprising to me. What you seem to be saying is you lied about being against lies so you wouldn't telegraph the lies you intended to make.
No, I lied about being against lies because I found it funny. And I've used exactly the same arbitrary assertion to justify a vote before (he was scum, I was right). It's part of my canon.

Claim: Jack, last night you gained a new ability with a monster tag. That ability is a copy of an ability NQT had. Also, I used my bonus for speaking truthfully to ensure Max did not change alignment last night.

Max: did you change me last night? I'm not really a fan of the new look.

I'm still unsure what this means. I got TWO abilities last night.
One that Max claimed, and another one. They both have the Monster tag.
The one that blocks the mafiakill was mine. Whatever other one you must have got from NQT. You should describe it.

Egan_BW, no, don't do that

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 25, 2022, 04:51:16 pm »

Speaking of devil deals, I might as well reveal myself, given it would be better if everyone accepted my deals.

I’m the Summoner. Everyone accept my deals, I’m going to hand out powers to town.

The souls I get from you accepting the deal let’s me kill everyone whose soul I have when I get to three or more. Given that I’m planning to give these deals to town, of which I am, I’m obviously not going to.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 25, 2022, 04:52:09 pm »

It’s FoU in MafiaKart all over.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 102